[GUIDE]Hermit crab grind impression (Sword)

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [GUIDE]Hermit crab grind impression (Sword)

Postby Yui Hirasaka » 19 Aug 2014, 01:18

Chieko-sama wrote:you don't have to equip a chian or pop-star to carry there or many other places. Just bottle some of the Benten's blessing, and take a good support with you and you'll set. Chian/ pop-star is just a tool to help you.

practicing dodge and learning enemies attack/defense pattern is good way to start.. Much more elements are exist, such as stat calculations, mag builds, skill elements.. those are tertiary. The most simple thing to do is to read bestiary (even tho I don't collect much monster cards) to read their weaknesses, and don't hesitate to start!

we need dungeon plowing more, more people chatting outside dungeons and parties, more people making separate hunts schedule, many people chat and having fun while they can do something about their char and progress together with their friends.. And not being desperately dependent of higher lvl people. :D

I totally agree with you Chieko-sama. That is why we should invite more people to grinding groups that actually want to grind and truly want to help.

I have one question though. How do you do it in 8 minutes or less? I'm already having trouble reaching 10 minutes on a 5-man hell. Could you give me some advice?
Yui Hirasaka (Daring/Dex+Vit+Wis) Pure Twin Swords

I love those who yearn for the impossible.
-Goethe-

Currently on break from playing Onigiri.
Yui Hirasaka

Postby Chieko-sama » 19 Aug 2014, 01:42

Yui Hirasaka wrote:
Chieko-sama wrote:you don't have to equip a chian or pop-star to carry there or many other places. Just bottle some of the Benten's blessing, and take a good support with you and you'll set. Chian/ pop-star is just a tool to help you.

practicing dodge and learning enemies attack/defense pattern is good way to start.. Much more elements are exist, such as stat calculations, mag builds, skill elements.. those are tertiary. The most simple thing to do is to read bestiary (even tho I don't collect much monster cards) to read their weaknesses, and don't hesitate to start!

we need dungeon plowing more, more people chatting outside dungeons and parties, more people making separate hunts schedule, many people chat and having fun while they can do something about their char and progress together with their friends.. And not being desperately dependent of higher lvl people. :D

I totally agree with you Chieko-sama. That is why we should invite more people to grinding groups that actually want to grind and truly want to help.

I have one question though. How do you do it in 8 minutes or less? I'm already having trouble reaching 10 minutes on a 5-man hell. Could you give me some advice?

yeah that's the point :3

well it's like my runs at SF, at first time carry I can only finish it at 9-10 mins then keep getting faster as you practice it till I reach 3-4 mins. The key is to memorize the mob's movement, the pack, and how to dispose of them fast. Last room needs some special treatment that you have to partially mob them in order to get less lag. :3
IGN: ChiekoMochida
lvl 92 sword

~Carrier of the Dark Eclipse~
Chieko-sama

Postby Yui Hirasaka » 19 Aug 2014, 02:33

Chieko-sama wrote:yeah that's the point :3

well it's like my runs at SF, at first time carry I can only finish it at 9-10 mins then keep getting faster as you practice it till I reach 3-4 mins. The key is to memorize the mob's movement, the pack, and how to dispose of them fast. Last room needs some special treatment that you have to partially mob them in order to get less lag. :3

O.O 3-4 mins? Wow. I mean really wow. I will keep on practicing as you recommend ^^.

Also that last room... the lag... I took your advice regarding picking them off in smaller numbers to reduce the lag and it helps a lot. I am guessing I take too much time luring the other monsters in the bigger rooms? I'm not sure, need to try some new things out later.

-Goethe-

Yui Hirasaka

Postby Ginkotsu » 19 Aug 2014, 23:26

I noticed that listening for the Penanggalans croaking helps to be able to tell if they're casting bubbles especially when they're in the thick of crowds so you can't see them casting.
Blocking's also a good idea just in case you don't have time to move away from bubbles.
IGN- Ginkotsu

ENG CBT - 16(lol)
ENG OBT - 90
Ginkotsu

Postby Chieko-sama » 31 Aug 2014, 19:26

Ginkotsu wrote:I noticed that listening for the Penanggalans croaking helps to be able to tell if they're casting bubbles especially when they're in the thick of crowds so you can't see them casting.
Blocking's also a good idea just in case you don't have time to move away from bubbles.

yeah that croaking lol.. in addition to that, penanggalans bubble strike is really that of wands bubble strike. So it is a lock-on skill which has that circle casting range.. speed helps you get out of the casting range faster, when you ran out of speed you can try running in a small circle that you past their casting range by a rapid turn, but it will be tricky if they are not in a pack (there will be some of them casting in places).
IGN: ChiekoMochida
lvl 92 sword

~Carrier of the Dark Eclipse~
Chieko-sama

Postby Momiji » 31 Aug 2014, 20:27

As for Odachi... Spam the Crimson Blast.

(Imma make a vid soon for that)
What a pain in the ass...
TwintailsLv 130

Find me on The Onigiri Discord server!
Momiji

Postby Yui Hirasaka » 13 Sep 2014, 00:37

Chieko-sama wrote:another new experience I got from a 2 man carry with Cranberry.

we actually doing good at splitting mob works in half and, the last room is so yolo.. but I've kinda used to it and we actually broke a record of 5:40-ish minutes..

this might be another alternative if you might want to do grotto.

Confirmed this last night with a friend of mine. (Kokutenryu) Splitting all the mobs into two main groups in all the rooms is much more efficient than doing it alone. All our times were just over 5:32. This might be a good alternative if you want quick xp and am easier run through Grotto. Oh and don't forget to have two supports. Having just one support slows things down a bit.

-Goethe-

Yui Hirasaka

Postby OneeeChan » 13 Sep 2014, 23:47

currently my fastest run so far is 4:53 with only 4 SF magas for the last i found splitting it into two groups was too slow for me x.x so instead i just breeze in a complete circle and somehow most of the times i manage to kill all the bugs so i dont need to pick them off one by one at the end x.x Also if i recommend finding a supp with strike boost VII as that will make your run EXTREMELY smoother
IGN:OneeeChan S Rank Leech ;3
OneeeChan

Postby OneeeChan » 13 Sep 2014, 23:49

for oodachi i think it MIGHT be faster if u ran thro once and dark ougi at the end as it does DoT dmg similar to spear's tidal wave but this might only be good if your wep has high enuff dmg
IGN:OneeeChan S Rank Leech ;3
OneeeChan

Postby Koku » 16 Sep 2014, 00:59

Current best time for me is 5:43 w/good active support and the ants not digging underground too much before Thunder Beast + Spirit blast or Crimson. Avg time between 6:20-8 mins. At first I started out with 10-11 mins run T.T, but I got a better time after studying both Sebastian's and Oneeechan's video carries at grotto and mimicking their play style. I recommend everyone to watch.

Current best Dual Carry time w/spear user friend (Kousaka Honoka lv 84) is 4:51. I honestly think Yui-san and I can get a better time together, lets challenge again sometime ^_^

~Kokutenryu
Koku

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy