Hades Guide?

Post helpful information for other players here.

Hades Guide?

Postby KiraYuuichi » 28 Sep 2014, 22:05

I'm actually playing on the JP Server, where Hades can 1-hit you even if your level requirements are met. I don't wanna bother grinding since Sekigahara is such a big place to run in and out of. So I just wanna know how to dodge Hades' moves. Heck, I don't even know what crazy black magic he's doing at around 5% HP.

1. So to start off, he just tries to launch 2 types of dark energy balls with fairly bad homing, multiple small ones that do around 900 - 1000 damage to a level 57 JP player, and a single large one that can slow you down. Just run around him and hit him with quick strikes. Occasionally, he flies up out of your range and spawns 2 Death Scythes with really low HP but moderately high attack. You can kill them with any AoE skill before they scatter and gang up on you.

2. At 50% HP, he has a move that stuns you frequently while sucking you in. Then he hits you with a status effect that does 0 damage, but slows your movement speed down to the point where you can barely even dodge any of his attacks (Cosmic Break Slow Tuned Eris anyone? Ah? AH?! AGH?!!!). He also spawns 4 Death Scythes instead of 2.

3. At around 5% HP, he gains 2 new moves which I have no idea how they work.
i. He flies over you and... does something that potentially kills anything under him...?
ii. He lunges at you dealing massive damage, dunno what happens after that, but I saw something change and... I died for the 3rd time and used up all my Resurrects to even see what he does next.

My main problem is the way to handle his Slow attack. I can't afford to be slowed because that allows his projectiles and Death Scythes to make minced meat out of me. Even though the Moon King Liquor isn't nerfed here, I've one got 2 sips, in which case I'd need a lot more than just 2 sips since Hades' HP is also a pain. One of those hits can cut my full HP clean in half. I understand if you guys can't really help due to the extremely different parameters between EN and JP, but still, I'd like to know how to beat him easily without getting utterly destroyed.
Last edited by KiraYuuichi on 30 Sep 2014, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
KiraYuuichi

Re: Hades Guide?

Postby Tekato » 29 Sep 2014, 01:51

If you're at the correct lvl requirement you should have no trouble at all destroying hades in normal solo...
Lv 115 Twinsword
Dead from Onigiri Cancer.
Tekato

Postby Firon » 29 Sep 2014, 03:32

KiraYuuichi wrote:My main problem is the way to handle his Slow attack.

Well, if jp is anything like this version then curse does not affect the speed of skills, only movement speed. This is the one fight where I've actually used backstep arrow (but any evasion skill would work too, or anything that moves you a good distance, fast :D ).
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby OPPAI » 30 Sep 2014, 00:46

Climb onto the platform and beat the living shit out of him. Worked for me.
OPPAI

Postby Tekato » 30 Sep 2014, 01:51

^what she said
Lv 115 Twinsword
Tekato

Postby KiraYuuichi » 30 Sep 2014, 04:55

Well... In JP, most people are either Dual Blade Ougi spammers, or Glass Cannon Spear users. Not many players are Mages or Archers, at best just self-healing skills. So basically getting Slowed is game over. I think I've figured out the method to dodge it though. To reduce the chances of getting Slowed and wasting a Moon King Liquor, is to get as far away as possible until your render distance can't detect him. That's approximately the distance where his Slow can't reach you. After he's done, you can circle him and spam skills like Water Dragon Spear on him, as long as you outrun his projectiles enough to hit him and dodge before they reach you.

Anyways, thanks for the tips, I guess...?
KiraYuuichi

Postby OPPAI » 30 Sep 2014, 06:33

I'm an axe user sooo, none of what you just mentioned

Tekato wrote:^what she said

I have yet to see a "she" obsessed about oppai hahaha
OPPAI

Postby Tekato » 30 Sep 2014, 06:35

woops He*
Lv 115 Twinsword
Tekato

Postby Firon » 30 Sep 2014, 17:58

KiraYuuichi wrote:Well... In JP, most people are either Dual Blade Ougi spammers, or Glass Cannon Spear users. Not many players are Mages or Archers, at best just self-healing skills. So basically getting Slowed is game over. I think I've figured out the method to dodge it though. To reduce the chances of getting Slowed and wasting a Moon King Liquor, is to get as far away as possible until your render distance can't detect him. That's approximately the distance where his Slow can't reach you. After he's done, you can circle him and spam skills like Water Dragon Spear on him, as long as you outrun his projectiles enough to hit him and dodge before they reach you.

Anyways, thanks for the tips, I guess...?

Ha ha, judging from this response I'm guessing you got it before you read the responses. Gratz, I guess :)

Just pointing out that you could have switched weapons to use evasion skills so that "getting slowed" isn't "game over" :/
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Lynneth » 01 Oct 2014, 01:55

What is your preferred weapon? (what are the weapons u use?)

What are your skills when facing Hades?

Do you have Rapid Storm for yourself?

If you can fill in the detail, we can help you better. Since you don't give any explanation at all, we don't know how to help :roll: :? :roll: :?

Actually, even without MoonKing liquor, I can beat this 'Hades', even below level, only it took me 30 minutes to beat him.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Next

Return to Guides & Strategy