[Infoblurb] Affinity and you

Post helpful information for other players here.

[Infoblurb] Affinity and you

Postby SupremeTentacle » 01 Nov 2014, 05:39

Okay, so the developers have decided lately that, a 3000 cap on affinity is too low for our end content. Thus, in order to boost player power, they've allowed us to have more, but never blatantly stated anything about it. However, we do currently have some numbers that will hopefully help out both old and new players alike. The main reason that this post was made is because many players are not yet aware of the affinity increases post level 110.

Level range - affinity cap
Lv. 1~100 - 3000 Affinity
Lv. 10x - 3000 + 100x Affinity
Lv. 11y - 4000 + 400y Affinity

So, if that didn't make sense to you, I'll sum it up in words. Between levels 1 and 100 inclusively, players have a maximum of 3000 affinity. At level 101, affinity begins to increase by 100 per level up until 110, at which point it reaches 4000. After this, it begins to rise at a steeper rate. That is, at level 111, 400 affinity is gained. This pattern follows for 112. Although it is not confirmed, its specualted that this follows for 113->115, leaving us with 6000 total affinity.

So what does this mean?

Players will need to consider affinity into their builds, and many will end up deciding to put 100 of their weapon's main stat in at later levels. (There is no benefit for having it at lower levels if you plan to use an affinity title.)

Affinity scales linearly with attack, but attack does not scale linearly with damage dealt
Note that 1 affinity = 1 attack. However, going from 10,000 attack to 11,000 attack does not increase your damage by 10%. It increases it by more! This means your affinity is actually very important and has a huge influence on your damage. Be careful with how you do your stats~

This means that knowledge regarding builds pre-115 cap is basically thrown out the window, and players are now left to question what is more effecient, considering that it takes an insane amount of investment to actually achieve 6k affinity... Many individuals will not even be able to achieve this affinity due to their weapon types. Ex. Bow only has a 20% affinity title.

If a player owns Satan CROSS weapons, they'll have a better chance at achieving a higher affinity value without modifying their build, but those are unfortunately, not very accessible due to junk drop rate. There's even a chance people will begin to use some affinity magatama again, who knows.

I'll update this post if I hear any news, or decide to do the calculations.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Re: [Infoblurb] Affinity and you

Postby Kamahari Akuma » 02 Nov 2014, 16:44

So does the 'reach 3000 affinity with 100 of *insert stat here*' rule still apply then?

Also what I'm getting from this is that affinity after 3000 requires item management and title searching, yes?

On another note:

Okay, so the developers have decided lately that, a 3000 cap on affinity is too low for our end content.

Considering the trouble it takes to get 3000 affinity in the first place, the developers are silly :p
Kamahari Akuma

Postby Ryxa » 02 Nov 2014, 17:26

Kamahari Akuma wrote:
Okay, so the developers have decided lately that, a 3000 cap on affinity is too low for our end content.

Considering the trouble it takes to get 3000 affinity in the first place, the developers are silly :p

3000 affinity is easy to get. You could achieve it at around level 60 even.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby SupremeTentacle » 03 Nov 2014, 01:09

Kamahari Akuma wrote:So does the 'reach 3000 affinity with 100 of *insert stat here*' rule still apply then?

Also what I'm getting from this is that affinity after 3000 requires item management and title searching, yes?

On another note:

Yes, still gun for 3k as early as possible. This does not affect your build at lower levels, only at higher levels. However, I'm not sure where you got the "with 100 of ____" from. This is not required, or even a good idea in many pre-110 builds.

To be specific, affinity after 4000 is what players need to be concerned with managing.

Obtaining 3000 is actually very easy, as is stacking 4000 for basically everything other than bow.
SupremeTentacle

Postby Cinder » 07 Nov 2014, 05:12

SupremeTentacle wrote:Note that 1 affinity = 1 attack. However, going from 10,000 attack to 11,000 attack does not increase your damage by 10%. It increases it by more! This means your affinity is actually very important and has a huge influence on your damage. Be careful with how you do your stats~

Yeah I may have noticed a jump in damage from higher attack values. Do you have any numbers on about how much more effective attack gets the more of it you have?
Cinder

Postby SupremeTentacle » 07 Nov 2014, 10:53

I never really bothered to do the math, but I remember that, in Echigo, when spears upgraded from dragon -> geno (apx 3k attack difference), my damage jumped from 200k->400k

Note that due to affinity this attack jump was 10k->13k (30% increase)
SupremeTentacle

Return to Guides & Strategy