Trouble leveling up!

Post helpful information for other players here.

Trouble leveling up!

Postby Trinityking » 15 Dec 2014, 03:03

Ok hi again I want to ask something. So i know what to do now, and that's getting the title Date Masamune for 60% aff. However i can't get the kagehide because it was too high level for me. So i tried to grind. I went to shinoda forest (Im lv 48 but den of needles was too much for me, im following SupremeTentacle's guide) but there was nobody there. You get an increase in monsters and exp the more people there are in your party. So how can i raise my level quicker without other people being there?
Trinityking

Re: Trouble leveling up!

Postby Momiji » 15 Dec 2014, 03:39

hmm, generally, you'll find more people in Secluded Forest (Kaga).

Thats the disadvantage nowadays that Kyoto is practically deserted, but try recruiting others to do Seki together? Instead of grinding in Hell mode Seki, just focus on clearing Seki on normal and then try your luck in secluded? As far as i know, with decent gear, a lv 49 can carry Secluded.
What a pain in the ass...
TwintailsLv 130

Find me on The Onigiri Discord server!
Momiji

Postby Trinityking » 15 Dec 2014, 04:15

Well that's a big problem for me. Apparently mmorpg games don't like it when i try to get stronger. When i tried Netherspace Den of needles to find kagehide, i couldn't survive the first floor (That could also mean because i suck at positioning my character) which means that my damage isn't all that good. I 70'ed my two odachis and got them to 800+ atk. The entire reason why i need the title is to get stronger. Which now that i think about it, it seems like a bad loop (Need title, need power= get requirement for title= level need to rise= grind dungeons for levels= need power to grind= need title) Where can i try to recruit other people? In the temporal gate?

[Edit]
I think i discovered a way to get more exp (idk maybe). It's where you go to sekigahara and go to the podium in the middle of the map (the one with the giant crab on it). There you fight a boss that doesn't touch you (which btw was lv 65) and after me and my party killed it, I went from mid lv 48 to almost mid lv 49! How is that possible and how can i use it to grind?
Trinityking

Postby Leobreaker322 » 16 Dec 2014, 01:44

Trinityking wrote:Well that's a big problem for me. Apparently mmorpg games don't like it when i try to get stronger. When i tried Netherspace Den of needles to find kagehide, i couldn't survive the first floor (That could also mean because i suck at positioning my character) which means that my damage isn't all that good. I 70'ed my two odachis and got them to 800+ atk. The entire reason why i need the title is to get stronger. Which now that i think about it, it seems like a bad loop (Need title, need power= get requirement for title= level need to rise= grind dungeons for levels= need power to grind= need title) Where can i try to recruit other people? In the temporal gate?

[Edit]
I think i discovered a way to get more exp (idk maybe). It's where you go to sekigahara and go to the podium in the middle of the map (the one with the giant crab on it). There you fight a boss that doesn't touch you (which btw was lv 65) and after me and my party killed it, I went from mid lv 48 to almost mid lv 49! How is that possible and how can i use it to grind?

You must have fought a field boss. For sekigahara there are two. Bloody nyuudo is the one you took down. The other one is death scythe boss at nether sekigahara. Both bosses give very good xp. I don't know their spawn rates. But yeah from sekigahara point of view if you want good xp hunt field bosses and gold daruma from here on IMO :)
"In a world without gold, we would have been heroes~"
Leobreaker322

Postby Dude X » 16 Dec 2014, 04:02

Just follow the story until you're at Kaga, it should be easy to do on your own.
Once you're at Kaga, just do Secluded Forest Hell runs with some random party [if there isn't one, check if there is someone AFK with one and join him/her to get more monsters in the dungeon] until you're at a decent level, like 60-70 [don't forget to bring a bow with poison rapid shot/venom arrow and chidoris to kill the golden darumas!].

Btw, Kagehides are easier, at least to me, to find at Nether Singlesword Forest. The map isn't that big and if you can get a party with fillers and do the first zone, leave dungeon and repeat, you will get a +60 in no time [took me like 1h with a friend to do this after we got our party full with fillers].
Dude X

Postby Trinityking » 16 Dec 2014, 09:12

Dude X wrote:Just follow the story until you're at Kaga, it should be easy to do on your own.
Once you're at Kaga, just do Secluded Forest Hell runs with some random party [if there isn't one, check if there is someone AFK with one and join him/her to get more monsters in the dungeon] until you're at a decent level, like 60-70 [don't forget to bring a bow with poison rapid shot/venom arrow and chidoris to kill the golden darumas!].

Btw, Kagehides are easier, at least to me, to find at Nether Singlesword Forest. The map isn't that big and if you can get a party with fillers and do the first zone, leave dungeon and repeat, you will get a +60 in no time [took me like 1h with a friend to do this after we got our party full with fillers].

Hey man thanks for the reply, that was really informative (exactly what i needed) but i couldn't be able to beat the boss at nether sekigahara because of my level, and there was nobody around to party with, which is why im trying to raise lv quickly with the field bosses. Also searching for the kagehide, should i search for it now, or at a decent level?
Trinityking

Postby Dude X » 16 Dec 2014, 14:30

You're talking about Hades, just lure him to behind a tree and kill with ranged attacks from there, it should work fine according other players even if I, personally, don't know if it works since I had no problems with him because I made it with friends and we had enough lvl to make it normally.

Kagehide can be done later, very few people have the title so there is some space for it. Just wait until 70 and you should be fine with it.
Dude X

Return to Guides & Strategy