Magatama info and Selling for OC

Post helpful information for other players here.

Magatama info and Selling for OC

Postby Trinityking » 16 Dec 2014, 19:38

Hiya everybody this is the guy that keeps asking questions.

Anyways this time i wanna know about what kind of prices do these magatama (and some other items) are worth for OC. I want to know if i can sell them and then find out which place should i set up for stall. I tried it last time but then i forgot where i put that stall. Anyways im gonna put up a list of magatama and possible liquor and magatama recipes for sell, and i hope you can tell me the exact min-max prices:

Kousei: rank 2 staff skill force 25%
Capricorn: Rank 2 spear skill force 35%
Lapis Lazuli: rain ele +15 also def 536 and mdef 308
Kirin: Rank 10 twin swords skill force 66% Vit-5
Anira: If using axe, p.atk speed +15
Lord Shokou: Rank 3 Wand skill force 28%
Lord Taizan: Rank 8 Wand skill force 59%
Hiei: If under Mnd 10, pierce Ele +35 Spear aff 20%
Mugoku:Ice ele +18, dark ele +10, Mnd +3
Virgo: Rank 7 spear skill force 56%, Wis -4, Mnd-4
Waxing Moon: Holy ele +17, Dex +12

Now please tell me the prices for each one of them. Also can you tell me if i need some of these? I'm a Odachi/Sword/possible Axe user with a daring char and full on Pow-user. Also where should i set up stall? cuz this is the first time im selling OC for some damn Ougis!
Trinityking

Re: Magatama info and Selling for OC

Postby OneeeChan » 16 Dec 2014, 21:26

for the most part they are worth less than min ..minus a few. i would recommend you either dissolve them into mats or try to sell them for min
IGN:OneeeChan S Rank Leech ;3
OneeeChan

Postby Trinityking » 17 Dec 2014, 10:52

well which one should i do to dissolve?
Trinityking

Postby Nizuto » 21 Dec 2014, 04:24

I hate it when veterans feel too lazy to make a helpful post and instead they make a riddle.

With my newbie experience I'm gonna try to give my advice related to this. Remember this is just for inspiration. Don't take it 100% as a good advise.

Kousei: rank 2 staff skill force 25%
- Sell for at least 10 OC.

Capricorn: Rank 2 spear skill force 35%
- Not sure. I suppose it could sell a little more than min. Gotta check more shops.

Lapis Lazuli: rain ele +15 also def 536 and mdef 308
- Sell for around min price. Early Spear users with WDS might want it. Not sure how much the min price is.

Kirin: Rank 10 twin swords skill force 66% Vit-5
- Dissolve. I don't think anyone has rank 10 skills
(or keep it just in case future updates make this useful? I don't know)

Anira: If using axe, p.atk speed +15
- Not sure how much this magatama affects axe users. I'd say Dissolve

Lord Shokou: Rank 3 Wand skill force 28%
- Sell for at least 10 OC

Lord Taizan: Rank 8 Wand skill force 59%
- Dissolve. Wand users aren't that many anyway.

Hiei: If under Mnd 10, pierce Ele +35 Spear aff 20%
- Dissolve. Most spear users have Mnd

Mugoku:Ice ele +18, dark ele +10, Mnd +3
- Dissolve. Doesn't seem too great.

Virgo: Rank 7 spear skill force 56%, Wis -4, Mnd-4
- Dissolve. There are better magas than this

Waxing Moon: Holy ele +17, Dex +12
- Not sure. But sell it min price just in case someone wants it

Sell them in Onigashima.

NOTE: make sure to dissolve them after kaguya has some Godly Dissolution levels. Theoretically you should do it when it's max level. But I'd say do it whenever you feel it's best to do it.
Nizuto

Postby Firon » 21 Dec 2014, 05:36

I'll just add my own suggestions.

As a guide, people mostly only buy ranks IV->VI, with the exceptions mostly being spear (due to limited chakra left over after equipping literature)

Hardly anyone buys elements since SF Magatama are usually better, eg. Lapiz Lazuli (not on the wiki yet :O, send me a ss if you want me to add it :D) adds only ~10% dmg to wds (since it's 70% rain element). I think a part of this is that a lot of ppl don't know how elements work and you actually have to look on the wiki if you want to find the real elemental composition of skills for each weapon type.

Hardly anyone buys def magatama, unless they're related to mercury magatama which gives an xp boost or are one of the higher tier def magatama. I can't guarantee that ppl buy these, just that some people use them. Def doesn't really help, especially considering how much attack you sacrifice for it- for now anyway.

CD magatama and p.atk spd magatama aren't really useful for dealing dmg, just for skill lvling, speed runs etc. As such, I don't think ppl will buy them for more than min, if at all. I'd personally farm them myself.

People won't buy ranks higher than what's available, probably since there's no way of knowing if they'll become easily accessible in future. Essentially, "Why buy something of uncertain value that you can't use anyway".

Bargain magatama should be sold for min since they're so widely available. You probably should dissolve these, though, unless people specifically request for it.

-Side note: I can probably count the number of magatama I've dissolved on one hand (aside from magatama I've crafted to dissolve) and currently ~70% of my inventory is magatama. This is because I don't really have a need for the mats from dissolving and it'll be more worthwhile to dissolve them later with a higher Kaguya level-unless you're running out of space or need the mats. I don't suggest this but just thought I'd add it since, well, it's what I'm doing atm.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Ryxa » 21 Dec 2014, 18:22

Nizuto wrote:I hate it when veterans feel too lazy to make a helpful post and instead they make a riddle.

OneeeChan wrote:i would recommend you either dissolve them into mats or try to sell them for min

I don't see how this is a riddle.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby Nizuto » 22 Dec 2014, 09:15

Ryxa wrote:

While it may not be literally a riddle, it's still a guessing game for those who aren't familiar with magatamas and how much they help (which ones are worth selling and which one are junk for dissolving in order to make useful materials)

An explication like Firon's is something both OP and people like myself find it very useful for the topic of this thread.
Nizuto

Postby SupremeTentacle » 22 Dec 2014, 17:32

Nizuto wrote:
Ryxa wrote:

While it may not be literally a riddle, it's still a guessing game for those who aren't familiar with magatamas and how much they help (which ones are worth selling and which one are junk for dissolving in order to make useful materials)

An explication like Firon's is something both OP and people like myself find it very useful for the topic of this thread.

Of course it's a guessing game. This does not just apply to newbies, but also more experienced players. As we've seen previously, there may be a patch one day that suddenly makes something that was previously nonviable to become viable.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Trinityking » 26 Dec 2014, 21:30

Oh yeah i forgot to put this in, how much i can sell for the Literature Magatama recipe? just the recipe not the actual thing
cuz i got like a couple of those
Trinityking

Postby OvvO » 04 Feb 2015, 09:03

Trinityking wrote:Oh yeah i forgot to put this in, how much i can sell for the Literature Magatama recipe? just the recipe not the actual thing
cuz i got like a couple of those

Nothing. Big fat zero. Throw them at Miroku and hope he gives you some good magatamas.

1.You'd have to purchase a bazaar to even sell recipes.
2. Literature Magatama recipes drop more than the bass in a Skrillex's "Drop the bass".
OvvO

Next

Return to Guides & Strategy