Some Advice?

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: Some Advice?

Postby Dude X » 18 Mar 2015, 19:58

Berz - hit & kite
Chief Daruma - same thing as before. When it has the shield up, kill the slaves, wait for the shield to disappear and repeat what is said at Berz
Ahriman - stay close but always moving around him, like in a big circle around the boss. If you don't stop moving, he won't cast any thunder directly at you [or very rarely that will happen]. If you can keep a decent distance, you won't ever get hit by his thunder circle attack and can rollx2 back when he casts that shadow foggy attack [you will notice a small animation different from the rest as a warn that it's incoming]
Tiamat - dodge the fireballs, stick close to him and deal damage after position your character in a outside diagonals with any of his feet to prevent him to cause you damage [if you do inside diagonals, his tail may kill you], roll back when he flies to evade any future damage from the fireballs he sends while flying and the "earthquake explosions"
Dude X

Postby Lis_ » 19 Mar 2015, 03:26

What's your IGN? I am not carrying you there but I can go around giving you a few tips instead of writing all those down in the forums. And take DudeX's tips, they are correct.
Lis_

Postby Reventon » 19 Mar 2015, 07:47

I've never had Chief Daruma put up its shield before, that's probably because I'm choosing the normal difficulty for the dungeon.

For Ahriman, I usually run around in a large circle around him, but close enough that my spells hit. Sometimes his lightning strike hits me instantly, but that may be lag. I don't know.

For Tiamat, could you be a bit clearer with the diagonal thing? Is it supposed to be a sweet spot where he can't hit me?

Lis - My IGN is the same as my forum name, but with an 'ia' at the end.
Reventon

Postby zay. » 19 Mar 2015, 08:18

Reventon wrote:Okay, so...

I've managed to reach level 33 and thought I was set for Yakumo Temple. So I headed on over to tackle it.

WhatisthisIdon'teven.

Multiple bosses in a row? Beelzebub wasn't too difficult, his homing poison flies were annoying though. Chief Daruma wasn't difficult, just kite around him and dodge his moves. Ahriman(sp?) was a bitch. Insta-kill shock attacks. I had to use like maybe 3 soul eggs to beat this guy. Managed to beat him and then I came across Tiamat.

That is when I sighed, rolled my eyes and fled the dungeon.

How on earth am I supposed to beat this dungeon efficiently? The dungeon grinding guide states I should start farming it for xp at lvl 33, but I am just getting my ass kicked.

Any pointers? Or maybe some in game help?

Hi, u try hell mode? Otherwise try normal that is good to do and gives okay exp, otherwise stay with gedou ^^

Ow and i see u got advice at magatama’s, as for weapons find a weapon that is arround ur min level and enchancement/smelt it untill u can’t do it any further with yoshitsune anymore. ( do note once u smelt past level 50 u need to use smelting reset buttons since there is a loss chance of ur wep).

If u want more tips on weapons ( wands i though for you?) just leave a replay here or pm me ingame: zay
IGN: say lvl 113

Buying liondog / inari magatama’s
zay.

Postby Dude X » 19 Mar 2015, 22:16

Reventon wrote:I've never had Chief Daruma put up its shield before, that's probably because I'm choosing the normal difficulty for the dungeon.

For Ahriman, I usually run around in a large circle around him, but close enough that my spells hit. Sometimes his lightning strike hits me instantly, but that may be lag. I don't know.

For Tiamat, could you be a bit clearer with the diagonal thing? Is it supposed to be a sweet spot where he can't hit me?

Lis - My IGN is the same as my forum name, but with an 'ia' at the end.

Ups, forgot that. Chief only uses the shield on hard/hell.

The tiamat thing is +/- like this [lazy to get screenshots in game so I hope that this works]:
You're supposed to attack him while he's "attacking the air with fireballs" so the arrows point to places behind him and how you should position your character to attack without any problem.
Dude X

Postby Taakun » 20 Mar 2015, 01:34

Reventon wrote:...

Run circles around Ahriman at a distance of 8-11m and you won't get hit.
E hana pu, a'ole'olelo wale no
JP
ヒゴミ | エミル | 電波[胎蔵] | まりか | ケイコ | メイコ
EN
Denpa | Higomi | Sadaye | Minimo | Spam Katsu | Iezaburo
Taakun

Postby Momiji » 22 Mar 2015, 02:11

lv 33 and Yakumo? not a good combination. perhaps level grind at Gedomaru Hard is better until you get 39?
What a pain in the ass...
TwintailsLv 130

Find me on The Onigiri Discord server!
Momiji

Postby Dude X » 22 Mar 2015, 05:53

Momiji wrote:lv 33 and Yakumo? not a good combination. perhaps level grind at Gedomaru Hard is better until you get 39?

That only depends on the skill of the user and the gear that they've access to.

It's true that people less geared will be unlucky to do it on really low lvls and people used to the game may find it somewhat easier but as soon as you've get to a Bright Homing IV, it's possible to do it.

Having access to Fuuji/Raijin Ougi it's also another way to make it quite early due to the early access to a rank 6+ wand magatama from a quest at Kyoto but not all may find it amusing to spend their only ougi card so soon before knowing how the game works at 100%. I know that I only used my first, and unique for a while, Ougi Card on my late 80s even if nowadays I've a bunch of them so I know that feeling.
Dude X

Previous

Return to Guides & Strategy