Some Advice?

Post helpful information for other players here.

Some Advice?

Postby Reventon » 18 Mar 2015, 07:39

Alright so,

I'm currently lvl 31 who mainly uses wands and occasionally dual swords as they sometimes get me the damage I need (efficient damage against enemies that are equal to or a few levels above my own). I also have an odachi that I might change for something else if anyone has a suggestion.

Now let me get to the main part of this post. I've recently been following this dungeon grinding guide which provided a link to a guide on here by someone called Rythm. The guide suggests that I beat Gedomarou dungeon on hell and grind the dungeon for equips. Only problem is, hell difficulty is level 47 or something. How on earth do I beat that? My equipment is pretty much nearly broken by the time I've even reached the boss. I've been doing fine on normal mode so far and only a slither away from 32.

The guide also said that Yakumo temple can be farmed at 33 to level 40 something.

So, how much longer do I farm Gedomarou?
What kind of equipment should I be looking for?
What magatamas should I be using? (Currently have a lot of def magas equipped)
Any advice for future dungeons?

I'm enjoying the story so far, but I find it kind of discouraging when I have to clear dungeons that are 5 levels or more higher than my own. I was level 27 when going against Beelzebub and the lowest diff for that dungeon was level 33.

Any advice and tips to the points above are very welcome as well as tips in general for a wand user (equipment, etc).

Thanks in advance. ^^
Reventon

Re: Some Advice?

Postby Dude X » 18 Mar 2015, 08:54

If you're going to be a wand user, you may want to create the wand affinity magatamax4 [Harvest Night Magatama? I dunno its name at the moment but I'm pretty sure that you can do one with Kaguya that gives you a lot of it +/- easily for your level], they're quite good in the begin. If you don't want or can't do them, try to mimic the elements of your skills with the elemental magatamas that you get until that time, the story gives a decent number of them that aren't that bad.

Quick Note: Defence magatamas may look somewhat decent at the begin of the game but they're junk in the end since most of the stuff crit one-shot later on if you don't have enough hp to survive and can't kill them before they kill you.

Your final goal should be skill force magatamas, rank depending on the levels of the skills you use [if you only use rank 5 skills, mimic with rank 5+ *insert weapon name or ignore it if you use generic rank magatamas* skill force magatamas, if you rely on skill set cards and ougis, rank 6+ should be better except for axes because wadatsumi > rank 6+ axe magatama, if you don't use ougis and just stick with lvl 7 skills, you can even just use rank 7+ magatamas, something actually doable with wands].

Gedomaru should be farmed until you're happy with your future weapons, nothing more.

Yakumo Temple can be pretty much done as soon as you've access to an ougi, to be honest, so it's up2u to when to start since what you want there is ryou and exp. What I and my friends usually do is to grind it until lvl 50 and then just rush the sekigahara content and start levelling for real at Kaga.

About you breaking your weapon at Gedomaru dungeon - Having only one main weapon isn't enough for most of the cases, you should always have two or three so that the others can be used as a backup or while some skills are in delay and yes, even with 2000 durability. While at the begin of the game it's more than enough IF you don't do content a lot higher than your level, late game isn't and some people even run 3 mains to just clear dungeons in hell to level.
Dude X

Postby Reventon » 18 Mar 2015, 10:10

Thanks! I looked up the Harvest Night magatamas and it seems that I need cursed bells to craft them. I might have some stored but when is the earliest I'll have access to them?

With regards to the defence magas, I've gotten one shotted plenty of times, even with the def magas.

As for the skill force magas, say if I have a level 1 fireball or a level 5 fireball - I would need magas with +1 or +5 wand skill force magas right? Basically look out for wand affinity/skill force magas?

And for the gear, would it be better to use gold tier or white tier? Gold tier can get expensive as I've experienced in the past. Should I ignore gold tier weapons until late game?
Reventon

Postby Lis_ » 18 Mar 2015, 10:25

Reventon wrote:Thanks! I looked up the Harvest Night magatamas and it seems that I need cursed bells to craft them. I might have some stored but when is the earliest I'll have access to them?

With regards to the defence magas, I've gotten one shotted plenty of times, even with the def magas.

As for the skill force magas, say if I have a level 1 fireball or a level 5 fireball - I would need magas with +1 or +5 wand skill force magas right? Basically look out for wand affinity/skill force magas?

And for the gear, would it be better to use gold tier or white tier? Gold tier can get expensive as I've experienced in the past. Should I ignore gold tier weapons until late game?

My apologies if I'm bashing middle of your discussion, but might as well try and give some input.
Your first contact with Bells of the Cursed God might be in Nishidera 2 rooms before the boss for that zone.
Secondly, Skill Force magatama, for instance rank 4+ Wand Skill Force implies that it will take effect on Rank 4 AND higher skills. In even simpler terms, if you use a rank 2 Fireball with rank 5+ magatama it won't be of any use for that skill alone, but the opposite case is an option, being rank 2+ magatama boosting a rank 5 Inferno (the name for rank 5 and 6 Fireball).
You may start thinking about Magic Magatama (a decent Skill Force magatama to start with. Lower ranks also do just fine as a start) and rank 5 or higher skills in your early 70s and maybe switch for Lord Enma and rank 7+ skills once you saved some OC up.
Lis_

Postby Reventon » 18 Mar 2015, 10:36

Lis_ wrote:
Reventon wrote:Thanks! I looked up the Harvest Night magatamas and it seems that I need cursed bells to craft them. I might have some stored but when is the earliest I'll have access to them?

My apologies if I'm bashing middle of your discussion, but might as well try and give some input.
Your first contact with Bells of the Cursed God might be in Nishidera 2 rooms before the boss for that zone.
Secondly, Skill Force magatama, for instance rank 4+ Wand Skill Force implies that it will take effect on Rank 4 AND higher skills. In even simpler terms, if you use a rank 2 Fireball with rank 5+ magatama it won't be of any use for that skill alone, but the opposite case is an option, being rank 2+ magatama boosting a rank 5 Inferno (the name for rank 5 and 6 Fireball).
You may start thinking about Magic Magatama (a decent Skill Force magatama to start with. Lower ranks also do just fine as a start) and rank 5 or higher skills in your early 70s and maybe switch for Lord Enma and rank 7+ skills once you saved some OC up.

Would I be right to assume that higher rank magatama grant better bonuses? I'd get more benefit out of a rank 5 wand skill force when using a level 5 inferno compared to a rank 1 skill force maga?

And OC are Onigiri Coins, right? Do I get any as a reward from a quest or...?

And thanks for the input, you have nothing to apologise for. ^^
Reventon

Postby SupremeTentacle » 18 Mar 2015, 10:44

As a general trend, higher ranked magatama give higher bonuses, but this is not always true.

Keep inn mind that 3k affinty renders affinity magatama useless, so plan accordingly.

Ornamentation also provides a great deal of power. If I recall correctly, when I did that dungeon on my wand, around your level, I had a bunch of rank 2-3 maga, and it wasn't much of a problem at all.

Defense magatama are generally worthless. There's literally no point working with them unless you have nothing else.

OC = Onigiri Coins. You can't get them from quests, but you can sell junk you find/get from quests. (bit more difficult nowadays due to low population due to no patch).

Not sure if I left anything unanswered.

/shrug
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Reventon » 18 Mar 2015, 11:35

SupremeTentacle wrote:Keep inn mind that 3k affinty renders affinity magatama useless, so plan accordingly.

Ornamentation also provides a great deal of power. If I recall correctly, when I did that dungeon on my wand, around your level, I had a bunch of rank 2-3 maga, and it wasn't much of a problem at all.

Defense magatama are generally worthless. There's literally no point working with them unless you have nothing else.

OC = Onigiri Coins. You can't get them from quests, but you can sell junk you find/get from quests. (bit more difficult nowadays due to low population due to no patch).

So when reaching max affinity I should go for skill force magatama?

When/How do I get ornamentations? They're the empty white boxes just above the passive bonuses and below the def stats of a magatamas item card right?

As for OC, what would be worth selling? I assume that this is done at higher levels due to better drops?
Reventon

Postby SupremeTentacle » 18 Mar 2015, 12:26

Reventon wrote:
SupremeTentacle wrote:Keep inn mind that 3k affinty renders affinity magatama useless, so plan accordingly.

So when reaching max affinity I should go for skill force magatama?

When/How do I get ornamentations? They're the empty white boxes just above the passive bonuses and below the def stats of a magatamas item card right?

As for OC, what would be worth selling? I assume that this is done at higher levels due to better drops?

Generally speaking, you should always prioritize skill force maga anyways. Affinity is easily obtained once you gain access to titles. Ornamentation can be obtained from Kaguya once she gets to a high enough level. You (potentially) fill those white boxes with (good) stats.

Many of the skill force magatama are worth selling for OC. These are farmable at lower levels, but are a bit difficult to farm. Some higher level weapons are also farmable and saleable, but there's more competition for those. Most people are looking for specific magatama though, so you may not be able to sell everything that drops.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Reventon » 18 Mar 2015, 13:03

Thanks a bunch to all for the advice! I'll make sure to keep that in mind whenever I play. ^^
Reventon

Postby Reventon » 18 Mar 2015, 18:58

Okay, so...

I've managed to reach level 33 and thought I was set for Yakumo Temple. So I headed on over to tackle it.

WhatisthisIdon'teven.

Multiple bosses in a row? Beelzebub wasn't too difficult, his homing poison flies were annoying though. Chief Daruma wasn't difficult, just kite around him and dodge his moves. Ahriman(sp?) was a bitch. Insta-kill shock attacks. I had to use like maybe 3 soul eggs to beat this guy. Managed to beat him and then I came across Tiamat.

That is when I sighed, rolled my eyes and fled the dungeon.

How on earth am I supposed to beat this dungeon efficiently? The dungeon grinding guide states I should start farming it for xp at lvl 33, but I am just getting my ass kicked.

Any pointers? Or maybe some in game help?
Reventon

Next

Return to Guides & Strategy