Help with Guard timing

Post helpful information for other players here.

Help with Guard timing

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 16 Jun 2015, 14:46

I've been playing Onigiri for about two months or so now, and while I've got the hang of it in general, I still can't get the timing right on guarding, so I'm appealing to the kindness and generosity of the more experienced players to help me get this down, as it keeps leading to me getting killed, or at the very least has me healing more frequently than I should. Sometimes I'll perform a perfect guard, but it seems to be random luck really. I'm never consistent, though I seem to fair best against Kappa. I'm not sure how I do it either, but I think lag may inadvertantly help me sometimes. That's certainly true when I manage to block an attack despite reacting slowly. If I can figure out roughly the timing I need to guard, that'll also help me figure out if I fail because I'm slow or because of lag. Oh, and yes, I'm aware some attacks cannot be blocked. So, any pointers would be greatly appreciated, any advice would be welcomed warmly.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Re: Help with Guard timing

Postby Futa » 16 Jun 2015, 14:51

If you then an attack is about to happen then block
Futa

Postby Miyako Tachibana » 16 Jun 2015, 23:44

The only advice I could tell you is to predict in advance the Monsters movements and Guard... While you guard, Please pay close attention to that yellow bar (if yellow bar is depleted, cannot guard.) If you still have problems with timing the guard, try to observe movements of the target monster and figure out when he will attack.

P.S Guarding will not work against a full wave of monsters, though it could mitigate some damage.. Otherwise you would probably die.
US Onigiri Character:
    Yosh!tsune Lvl 115 Swords
    Myuu Tachibana Lvl 32 Twin Swords
JP Onigiri Character: Tachibana Miyako Lvl 52 Bow
Further preparing for next content~
Miyako Tachibana

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 12 Jul 2015, 13:28

I can usually predict attacks, but not always. Still, I'll do what I can. I'm working on building a new PC (playing on a notebook atm, which isn't great), so hopefully that'll take care of lag and slow loading. I could do with sharpening my own reflexes though, sometimes I react a little too slowly. Thanks for the advice anyway, I'll see what I can do.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Miyako Tachibana » 13 Jul 2015, 02:38

No problem. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
US Onigiri Character:
    Yosh!tsune Lvl 115 Swords
    Myuu Tachibana Lvl 32 Twin Swords
JP Onigiri Character: Tachibana Miyako Lvl 52 Bow
Further preparing for next content~
Miyako Tachibana

Return to Guides & Strategy