Summer Event Frog Help?

Post helpful information for other players here.

Summer Event Frog Help?

Postby Niki_Coledini » 07 Jul 2015, 20:21

So the new update gives this Summer Event with the Raincaller Frogs. There are several areas that these frogs spawn in and I know these frogs are the easiest to kill at Kikigahara (if you could get to them with all the people running around fighting them). I was wondering what other areas are best for finding and fighting these frogs. I have tried both Nether and regular Sekigahara and I can't seem to find any. The quest does say you can find them there, so I'm not sure if they are just too spread out or too slow to spawn. Anyone with any ideas?
Niki_Coledini

Re: Summer Event Frog Help?

Postby Miyako Tachibana » 08 Jul 2015, 01:14

Best advice I could give to you is:

1. Get a full party who is farming in the same area as you.
2. Get Skills on your weapon that has Multiple Attacks or DoT (Damage Over Time)

Extra: I don't know if this is true, but I feel like RainCaller Frogs spawn after killing a lot of monsters.
US Onigiri Character:
    Yosh!tsune Lvl 115 Swords
    Myuu Tachibana Lvl 32 Twin Swords
JP Onigiri Character: Tachibana Miyako Lvl 52 Bow
Further preparing for next content~
Miyako Tachibana

Postby Firon » 08 Jul 2015, 01:41

Niki_Coledini wrote:There are several areas that these frogs spawn in and I know these frogs are the easiest to kill at Kikigahara

I thought they were lvl 18 everywhere? They are at Echigo Highway, anyway.

Niki_Coledini wrote:I have tried both Nether and regular Sekigahara and I can't seem to find any.

Yeah, you need to kill a lot of stuff for them to spawn. I've seen a lot of people thinking that they just appear by themselves and then try to kill steal the ones that you spawn. I'd suggest either
Miyako Tachibana wrote:Get a full party who is farming in the same area as you.
or however many ppl there are so you can share the drops, or find another area with less competition... like Sekigahara, by the sounds of it xD.

I haven't experimented much, but I think the best way to kill them is to stack crit magatama and use poison cloud. What I use is thunderbeast+poison cloud VI, which is usually enough to kill one (with 80 crit, I'm lacking good crit magatama -.-").
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Niki_Coledini » 08 Jul 2015, 14:27

Firon wrote:I thought they were lvl 18 everywhere? They are at Echigo Highway, anyway.

Oh yes, I know. It's just that with how easy the other enemies are in the area of Kikigahara it's easy to just one hit kill for most people. For me, the highest level area I could reach is Seki and Nether Seki so I was sure it's harder seeing as the enemies aren't always just one or two hit kills.... Plus field bosses 0_0 (The Death Scythe always scares the crap out of me! He likes to hunt specifically for me I swear!).

Firon wrote:Yeah, you need to kill a lot of stuff for them to spawn. I've seen a lot of people thinking that they just appear by themselves and then try to kill steal the ones that you spawn. I'd suggest either

Oh really? I can see why people are killing the other monsters while waiting. This really does make more sense!

Fiorn wrote:
Miyako Tachibana wrote:Get a full party who is farming in the same area as you.

or however many ppl there are so you can share the drops, or find another area with less competition... like Sekigahara, by the sounds of it xD.

Yes, I plan to make a party in hopes of getting more people. Though I probably would go to some lower level areas when I meet up with friends because they are lower levels.

Firon wrote:I haven't experimented much, but I think the best way to kill them is to stack crit magatama and use poison cloud. What I use is thunderbeast+poison cloud VI, which is usually enough to kill one (with 80 crit, I'm lacking good crit magatama -.-").

I could see poison cloud doing a lot of damage. I don't have that move on my characters though ><. I would need to figure out what's best for twin sword players since I did the worst possible thing and basically made my main character Niki only good with twin swords. Not even regular swords are good! I messed her up back during the Seki story by not really reading and giving myself three -80% exp twin swords and wasting a boat load of money. I'm currently working to fix up her stats as I level so things could get easier and I could at least go back to regular swords again (I have her as daring). Also, Niki is currently at the Kaga story quest at level 59 (very close to 60 though).

My boy character Nick (yes, creative), uses Axe and Spears primarily, but sometimes I use wands if they could come in handy. He's only lvl 18 and I don't even have Kaguya yet. I wouldn't be able to get the good magatamas just yet.

What kind of crit magas do you think is best? I could see if I might possibly have them and maybe work to making them if I could or possibly finding them. Currently on Niki the two I don't want to remove is my Haidara maga (immunity to crit) and my Glory maga (effective level +1). The glory I am just testing. I have some level 61 weapons to use that I really want to try so I'm going to see if the effective level +1 would allow me to use level 61 weapons at level 60. Mostly a curiosity of mine.

And 80 crit?! I only have 11 crit right now and I think that's mostly because of my maga ornamentations......
Niki_Coledini

Postby Miyako Tachibana » 08 Jul 2015, 15:56

To be more specific about what I mentioned, its far better to have a full party, and in an area thats isolated with lots of monsters. (Marunouchi Sewers-PuppetSwordmenArea-) Those usually spawn 3 at a time.
US Onigiri Character:
    Yosh!tsune Lvl 115 Swords
    Myuu Tachibana Lvl 32 Twin Swords
JP Onigiri Character: Tachibana Miyako Lvl 52 Bow
Further preparing for next content~
Miyako Tachibana

Postby Firon » 08 Jul 2015, 19:01

Niki_Coledini wrote:I could see poison cloud doing a lot of damage. I don't have that move on my characters though ><. I would need to figure out what's best for twin sword players since I did the worst possible thing and basically made my main character Niki only good with twin swords. Not even regular swords are good! I messed her up back during the Seki story by not really reading and giving myself three -80% exp twin swords and wasting a boat load of money. I'm currently working to fix up her stats as I level so things could get easier and I could at least go back to regular swords again (I have her as daring). Also, Niki is currently at the Kaga story quest at level 59 (very close to 60 though).

I'm not a wand user btw, I just keep all the wands with useful skills that I get. I don't think attack really makes much difference since, at most, I can do 20 dmg on them (it seems to be 5, 10 or 20 dmg), ie. your affinities don't matter. For twin swords, I guess you can use sunlight strike, crag thrust (heavier on the dura iirc), or crimson cross cuts (hit count=rank again iirc). It doesn't matter if the weapons are +0.

Niki_Coledini wrote:What kind of crit magas do you think is best? I could see if I might possibly have them and maybe work to making them if I could or possibly finding them. Currently on Niki the two I don't want to remove is my Haidara maga (immunity to crit) and my Glory maga (effective level +1). The glory I am just testing. I have some level 61 weapons to use that I really want to try so I'm going to see if the effective level +1 would allow me to use level 61 weapons at level 60. Mostly a curiosity of mine.

My crit comes from dex, and temporarily, 100 wis (until I replace my staff for a higher meditation)+these magatama which I've just picked up from subquests and drops (not sure where, they're just ones I've found in my storage):
Masamune (+15)
Tadakatsu (+11)
Kiyomasa (+18, requires 48 wis)
Katsuie (+16)

though you might be able to use Nagayoshi (+17, requires under 23 pow). I think that there's higher crit magatama not on the drops page on the wiki and mine are all unornamented which is why it's probably low for a crit set. 80 is definitely usable, though and it's not like there's much difference between using 2 or 3 skills anyway.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Momiji » 09 Jul 2015, 10:25

Bubble beam! Its super effective.

Not sure if this was an intentional effect or not, but I maxed damage with just the skill in the Screenshot.
What a pain in the ass...
TwintailsLv 130

Find me on The Onigiri Discord server!
Momiji

Postby Niki_Coledini » 11 Jul 2015, 11:50

Momiji wrote:Image

Bubble beam! Its super effective.

Not sure if this was an intentional effect or not, but I maxed damage with just the skill in the Screenshot.

Woah! :o
Niki_Coledini

Return to Guides & Strategy