I do no damage

Post helpful information for other players here.

I do no damage

Postby Dragon18456 » 14 Jul 2015, 20:58

I find it odd that when I'm in Sakurajima Depths and i can one shot all of the mobs, but i cannot deal any damage to the boss. Any ideas, because this is getting annoying. Just the friggin Timiet can wreck me simply because i cannot deal any damage. :evil:
Dragon18456

Re: I do no damage

Postby Firon » 15 Jul 2015, 00:30

Dragon18456 wrote:I find it odd that when I'm in Sakurajima Depths and i can one shot all of the mobs, but i cannot deal any damage to the boss. Any ideas, because this is getting annoying. Just the friggin Timiet can wreck me simply because i cannot deal any damage. :evil:

Stacking affinity is the best way to increase damage early on (mainly through stats and magatama). Other than that, Tiamat is strong against Fire, Ice, Piercing and Mountain Elements with no weaknesses. This shouldn't matter much, though, if you have a high enough attack.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 15 Jul 2015, 19:02

With the exception of my main character, I always took on Tiamat at Level 25 minimum. My 4th character was Level 33 I think when she finally wrecked it. I recommend using bows or wands. Bows are better though since you can guard against the fireballs. My 4th went in with Gandiva +30, and destroyed Tiamat with a few hits from Ice Arrow IV. I'd also recommend going in with Lady Shizuka for extra support.

I don't know if any of this helps, but if I knew your level and build, I might be able to recommend something more specific to your character. If you're really stuck, party with someone. It all depends on how much help you want really. I can offer anywhere between Healing only and no fighting assitance, all the way up to raining Hell upon your enemies. It's up to you of course, but if you need me, I visit the forums fairly regularly, and my IGNs are all listed in my signature. If you want a Healer, Magic Maelstrom's currently raiding Hosuseri Shrine over and over, so you don't have far to look.

*EDITED TO REMOVE SPOILER
Last edited by HelixDraxzonyx on 16 Jul 2015, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Firon » 15 Jul 2015, 20:04

Btw, adding to what I said before (with affinity), try to stick to one weapon or stat type if you can since otherwise, you'd be sacrificing a lot of potential damage. Generally, weapon and stat guides are covered here if you're unsure of anything. Good luck with the dungeon.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Dragon18456 » 16 Jul 2015, 21:26

I just found some other random party member and recked him. Thanks for the advice tho.
Dragon18456

Return to Guides & Strategy