[Guide] Boss Strategies

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Boss Strategies

Postby maxwell3094 » 01 Jun 2016, 20:12

Oh so you can do the partner cheese on him too just like Cerberus and Death Scythe? Good to know. Ill quote it in the op so that others can spare themselves the torture.
Alpha: Level 37 alpha clearer
Release: Level 119 cautious type (Press F to pay respects)
Boss guide - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8143&p=29482#p29482
Last added: Abyss Gargoyle
maxwell3094

Postby Leobreaker322 » 01 Jun 2016, 22:34

Hello people, with maxwell's permission I am going to share my strategy on one boss fight I remember of:

Oboroguruma(Ephemeral Grove Boss)(boss image I will add once I'm back to gameplay after the processor maintenance which I direly need :^()

I would say this is the easiest boss fight from the 4 Oushuu Nasu Highlands' dungeons. As soon as you enter the boss room and run a considerable distance towards the barrier ahead, the boss will spawn along with some Earth elemental flies(around 2-3 of them with the boss, if in pt the numbers may increase, since I soloed the numbers were mostly 2-3 flies). Immediately focus on the earth flies first, you do remember these retards back from Izumo which do the tackle attack all the time which flinches you, the earth flies though have the same attack but with nasty Earth Glaives at times when they use the tackle, so be careful and focus them first b4 the boss. Thankfully, the flies won't respawn until the boss reaches the very low hp bar, so you can breathe a sigh of relief after the flies are done for.

Now for the boss, this guy will always aggro you around at mediocre speed(he can somewhat keep up with your normal running, so RS/Moon King will help here). He initially has 2 moves, the first is a melee Bite attack, he'll use this as soon as he's close enough to you, he'll Bite 4-5 times while speeding in the direction he's facing, you can dodge this but DO NOT be in a corner when he comes in because the Bite can kill you if this happens. Just get him back to open ground and then dodge/block the Bite as you see fit. The Bite can hurt especially for Wands/Bow users so be careful about that, possibly can finish you too(The Bite never hit me whatsoever but well every boss is IMO a killer from here on so :^)).

His next move is a challenging one, after aggroing you for some time, he'll howl and then make a 360 spin with mud splashing around during the spin. For melee guys this is a challenge because if you're too close the mud splashes will multihit, flinch and kill you quickly(blocking helps but still better keep your distance from him). During this move he won't take any damage from any of your skills so use this time to refill your SP/HP/liquor. When he finishes the move he'll be recovering for 1-2 seconds b4 back to aggroing you. Oh, and this guy's weak to Rain, so for wands, during aggro stage stick to Aqua Geyser/Bubble Strike and when he finishes the 360 Mud Splash and recovering during that 1-2 seconds use Arrow Flock(you can choose your pick here tho, this is how I did it anyway using Aqua Needle as an archer here).

The nastiest move he gets is when he's <50%hp, this move is a Flame Charge attack, in this he'll tackle you at full speed covered in fire, is a one-hit killer if hit(In my case, did 16k to me :^(), and covers a considerable distance on open ground, the fire trail he leaves can hurt as well so steer clear of it and smack him with Rain again when you have successfully dodged/blocked this move. The move is rather sudden so sometimes deaths are common, so be watchful of that. Unfortunately he recovers quickly (than the 360 mud spin) from this move 2 aggro you again so the best time to smack him with Rain is when you have dodged/blocked his move. Hell, if he flame charges into a wall/corner you can smack him even more easily than on open ground(watch the fire trail). And at very low hp (~25% or less iirc) the earth flies will respawn, so deal with them before killing this hairy ugly retard.

This is my experience with the kart guy, so any feedback/stuff are welcome :^)
"In a world without gold, we would have been heroes~"
Leobreaker322

Postby Miyano311 » 02 Jun 2016, 04:05

Heimarmene wrote:Oh yeah, I should probably mention there's a way to cheese the Tentouki so you don't have to spend an hour shooting him and running back every time. If you have Izuna, summon her and then shoot the Tentouki once before quickly rolling out of his aggro range. If it's done correctly, the Tentouki walks back to his place but Izuna starts to run towards him. When this happens, follow Izuna so that she's about 15-16 meters away from you and watch as she smacks the Tentouki to death while he's completely oblivious to being attacked.

It'll save A LOT of durability on your wands/bows

Even if Tentouki doesn't walk back, running around him should be sufficient enough.
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Postby Miyano311 » 03 Jun 2016, 07:33

Is it still possible to stun Satan?
Miyano311

Postby Khaos Muffins » 03 Jun 2016, 17:47

Miyano311 wrote:Is it still possible to stun Satan?

I dont know. Read this:

Yada yada yada
lv = 105
status = createEnemyStatus(105, 12000, 100, 0, 127, 120, 88, 70, 82).setSecondaryStatusPrms({hp=6043402,slashAttr=20,strikeAttr=20,thrustAttr=20,fireAttr=60,iceAttr=-20,elecAttr=100,darkAttr=80,holyAttr=-60,waterAttr=60,windAttr=80,earthAttr=-20,}) // Lv.105:サタン
exp = 97204
dropMoney = 120084
visibleDist = ::EnemySetting.Variation.VISIBLE_DIST_LONG
stun = 500
protections = [
StateErrorType.ALL_PROTECTION
yada yada yada
Vote Trump 2020 bitches
Khaos Muffins

Postby Firon » 03 Jun 2016, 20:23

Khaos Muffins wrote:
Miyano311 wrote:Is it still possible to stun Satan?

I dont know. Read this:

Yada yada yada
lv = 105
status = createEnemyStatus(105, 12000, 100, 0, 127, 120, 88, 70, 82).setSecondaryStatusPrms({hp=6043402,slashAttr=20,strikeAttr=20,thrustAttr=20,fireAttr=60,iceAttr=-20,elecAttr=100,darkAttr=80,holyAttr=-60,waterAttr=60,windAttr=80,earthAttr=-20,}) // Lv.105:サタン
exp = 97204
dropMoney = 120084
visibleDist = ::EnemySetting.Variation.VISIBLE_DIST_LONG
stun = 500
protections = [
StateErrorType.ALL_PROTECTION
yada yada yada

I think that should be a "yes".

I'm pretty sure ALL_PROTECTION just refers to poison/paralysis/burning/freezing.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Khaos Muffins » 03 Jun 2016, 20:42

I see. I also bolded the wrong text. I meant to bold the stun=500

But neato
Vote Trump 2020 bitches
Khaos Muffins

Postby Iku Nagae » 13 Aug 2016, 04:27

Because I fucking hate Aobozou, but some people might want a few tips for this Shimmering Forest boss.

1: He's only weak to Dark. If the Hiraga Gennai quest is still available by the time you're reading this, have her leveled up to the point where she can access Collapsing Blades. Put all three main slots into those and wail on him.

2: He does this stupid as shit teleport around the map with a giant doomlaser that WILL instantly kill you because it does anywhere from 30-70K per tick and hits multiple times. Try to zoom out so you can roll out of its path. Movement speed buffs are MANDATORY to be fast enough to do so before getting clipped.

3: Don't stand in the giant circle of light. Try to stay behind him, because he'll do a sweep in front of him that knocks you back and stuns you, before doing aforementioned giant doomlaser. If you can stick to his sides somehow and get him to do the slower Bright Homing, however, that's even better.

4: At half HP, he can teleport halfway through the doomlaser animation and fire it immediately. Basically a fuck you attack.

5: Bring someone else to carry this dungeon, because fuck this dungeon.
Iku Nagae

Postby Miyano311 » 13 Aug 2016, 05:38

Iku Nagae wrote:
1: He's only weak to Dark. If the Hiraga Gennai quest is still available by the time you're reading this, have her leveled up to the point where she can access Collapsing Blades. Put all three main slots into those and wail on him.

Don't know if that is useful. Collapsing Blade is quite slow in general so you are likely to get hit with the boss staff.
Also he is neutral at Rain, but I doubt anyone would care. Especially those using sword/oodachi.
Miyano311

Postby Niaaa » 07 Sep 2016, 18:37

Iku Nagae wrote:Because I fucking hate Aobozou, but some people might want a few tips for this Shimmering Forest boss.

If you have Dark Miyamoto Musashi or Ifrit, then definitely use them because fuck Aobozou (#laseroneshots).
ign: Eclipsdom LVL 128
Niaaa

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy