[Guide] Boss Strategies

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Boss Strategies

Postby Ryxa » 04 Aug 2015, 11:50

Miyako Tachibana wrote:http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Infernal_Gargoyle

*Reads It* Um yeah this wiki needs editing or somethings wrong here xD

Oh. Guess I have it backwards. Stuff gets mixed up when you have like 85% of the pages on the wiki jammed into your memory. :c
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby SupremeTentacle » 04 Aug 2015, 11:52

Ryxa wrote:
Miyako Tachibana wrote:http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Infernal_Gargoyle

*Reads It* Um yeah this wiki needs editing or somethings wrong here xD

Oh. Guess I have it backwards. Stuff gets mixed up when you have like 85% of the pages on the wiki jammed into your memory. :c

Download more brain RAM
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Dark Deceiver » 06 Aug 2015, 01:57

maxwell3094 wrote:Tengu - This...this one hurts. First and foremost get a partner out. It doesn't matter who but get one out. Ill explain later. So moves of his to watch out for? Everything. You want to stay moving for this one and you want to avoid moving in a straight line as much as possible which can be annoying considering the normal mob spawns in the room. I have no idea if they respawn or not but it hardly matters because you almost certainly wont be able to kill them solo due to the bosses large detection range.

Not sure if it matters, or will help, but the enemies in the boss room don't respawn.
RIP Onigiri USPC: 2014-2021
Dark Deceiver

Postby Miyako Tachibana » 06 Aug 2015, 02:00

Dark Deceiver wrote:Not sure if it matters, or will help, but the enemies in the boss room don't respawn.

Well it at least tells you to focus those small fry first so you don't get fked over just because you got hit in the back.
US Onigiri Character:
    Yosh!tsune Lvl 115 Swords
    Myuu Tachibana Lvl 32 Twin Swords
JP Onigiri Character: Tachibana Miyako Lvl 52 Bow
Further preparing for next content~
Miyako Tachibana

Postby maxwell3094 » 06 Aug 2015, 14:52

Dark Deceiver wrote:Not sure if it matters, or will help, but the enemies in the boss room don't respawn.

Yeah I doubt it would help most solo players since they would be unable to kill them anyway but its probably still good to know so ive snuck it into the op. At the very least maybe it will help other weps if they know it.

Boss pics will take longer than initially thought. I forgot that all the earlier ones don't replay the scene thing so instead of just powering through on my main ill have to do it using an alt. Except im lazy when it comes to alts so eh will take time. At least I was able to grab Benkei and Chief Daruma through the Susanoo challenge things. On the bright side it gives me a chance to maybe get some melee strategies up for the pre-Kyoto bosses since I don't like having multiple characters as the same class/build. Granted most people probably don't NEED strategies for them but its better than nothing I suppose. Since my bow alt can handle everything from Kyoto and on the guide will still have to rely on others for melee strategies after Bel. Also I decided to use both the name and the picture to list bosses in the op so people can ctrl F to search for a boss by name.
Alpha: Level 37 alpha clearer
Release: Level 119 cautious type (Press F to pay respects)
Boss guide - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8143&p=29482#p29482
Last added: Abyss Gargoyle
maxwell3094

Postby Miyako Tachibana » 06 Aug 2015, 21:43

Btw in Satan, I prefer to stay around him with my sword and take the spinny attacks with my guard.

A couple pointers to do when he shoots his laser would be... well don't run in a straight line away from him. At best, try to move away from the direction he is facing, and if it turns out to be a side laser rotation, sidestep.

I made a little vid testing my damage on Satan, but for this post I hope you can try and analyze Satan's and my movements.(And perhaps change your op if you find anything new.

https://youtu.be/g423E-1Q-X8
US Onigiri Character:
    Yosh!tsune Lvl 115 Swords
    Myuu Tachibana Lvl 32 Twin Swords
JP Onigiri Character: Tachibana Miyako Lvl 52 Bow
Further preparing for next content~
Miyako Tachibana

Postby maxwell3094 » 13 Feb 2016, 17:09

Believe it or not I actually haven't forgotten about this even though I just don't tend to play all that often. Updated to include Jorou Spider. Also added in a couple of the missing pictures as well as a few minor edits in some places with regards to wands being able to block now. No strats for the other 3 bosses in Oshu yet though. Inugami literally broke all my wands, I dced while attempting the kart thing, and Aobozu legit rekt me once it started with the lasers which took me completely by surprise. Inu doesn't seem too bad and ill probably be able to beat him fine once I have more dmg/more wands while the kart thing seems stupidly easy but I didn't get to see what new move it gets once dropped below half. My initial thoughts for Aobozu are trying to block/evade warp the laser, or possibly seeing if there is some sort of pattern to how he teleports similar to how the Elder does. Either way that ones going to take time though as I don't plan on attempting him again until I have a decent dark element spell for it. My god is he tanky without one.
Alpha: Level 37 alpha clearer
Release: Level 119 cautious type (Press F to pay respects)
Boss guide - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8143&p=29482#p29482
Last added: Abyss Gargoyle
maxwell3094

Postby Dark Deceiver » 14 May 2016, 22:00

Something interesting is that when you drop one to around like 5-10% hp they get knocked unconscious or something and just lay there. I have no idea if they can actually recover from this state but needless to say I didn't plan on testing that out.

I should have posted this years ago. Ah well, better late than never, but no, they never recover from being knocked unconscious once their health gets that low.
RIP Onigiri USPC: 2014-2021
Dark Deceiver

Postby John Titor » 24 May 2016, 02:32

Dark Deceiver wrote:
Something interesting is that when you drop one to around like 5-10% hp they get knocked unconscious or something and just lay there. I have no idea if they can actually recover from this state but needless to say I didn't plan on testing that out.

I should have posted this years ago. Ah well, better late than never, but no, [size=200]they never recover from being knocked unconscious once their health gets that low[/size].

aannn thats the best time to hug them and take selfies
John Titor

Postby Heimarmene » 31 May 2016, 20:28

Oh yeah, I should probably mention there's a way to cheese the Tentouki so you don't have to spend an hour shooting him and running back every time. If you have Izuna, summon her and then shoot the Tentouki once before quickly rolling out of his aggro range. If it's done correctly, the Tentouki walks back to his place but Izuna starts to run towards him. When this happens, follow Izuna so that she's about 15-16 meters away from you and watch as she smacks the Tentouki to death while he's completely oblivious to being attacked.

It'll save A LOT of durability on your wands/bows
Heimarmene

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy