[Guide] Twin swords *not complete*

Post helpful information for other players here.

[Guide] Twin swords *not complete*

Postby Alex Lower » 08 Sep 2015, 16:20

I readed Lis_'s guide. Honestly, i liked it very much, but this guide is related to my own opinions, now it's your choice what guide to read, or both, why not, more information, better.

A short introduction about this weapon
Twin swords. Till oushuu release, this type of weapon was considered one of the most useful and powerful weapon in this game, once with crystal lvl 105 magatamas apparition, this weapon was considered useless, in oushuu, because of the big lightning resistence there. Well, twin swords are not all about Thunder beast and Crimson cross cut, like everyone thinks about bow that is all about Amaya and Icicle arrow. Now for the new ones, if you choosed twin swords for the Iove of speed in combat and because you like to touch the target, too feel it, as close as posible and feel it's moves, i admire you. If you choosed twin swords because you always wanted to be like Kirito or Archer or etc. pls don't.
If you wanna start with twin swords, think carefully what you wanna do in the future. You wanna be able to use POW type weapons too? you're gonna suck in supporting skills, and you need min 75 mnd for being able to use ressurection, min 40 for rapid storm. Or you wanna be a supporter.. and you are fully satisfated of your twin swords and bows. (Btw. i don't recommend you to hybrid them. Use twin swords with twin swords magatamas and bows with bows magatamas). If you wanna go for the first one, choose Daring. If it's the second one, choose Caution. Those stats are not too useful at start, but you'll see how much you need them later. Believe me. It matters a lot. In both cases, first thing you gotta do is to max out DEX status, cause Twin swords are based on that.
First i wanna talk about it's skills, i'll use ranks to define the skills, from E to S.

Normal skills, combat ones
Ice Pierce - Rank C - Ice Spear Dance.
This skill takes just TOO much to cast. the combo is too long and the worst thing is that it uses Pierce element, witch is useless for twin swords. The damage is low, but it's a very mobile skill, and that's why i give it a C.

Rain Slice - Rank S - Misty Massacre.
Beautiful animation, and a Iovely combo that eats low durability. It's one of my favourite skills, fast to cast and doesn't take too much sp. The damage is pretty good, since it has 30% slice element. Ps. try using this skill with The Tale of Genji sake, +30 rain element.

Dark Slice - Rank B - Collapsing Blade.
Just like Misty Massacre, a beautiful combo, even more powerful but with a lil bit slower start, just like all Collapsing skills. This skill could be a S if it wouldn't eat that much durability.. but if you like this skill, try making your weapon's durability over 3000, and use it only on bosses weak at dark just like... odin for example. It's not worth to attack with this skill normal mobs, only if you trully hate to have a great/good repair and you don't know what to do with repair fairys.

Lightning Impact - Rank B - Lightning Slash.
The perfect skill for satan's weapons in my opinion. Fast casting in 2 slashes or even 3 from rank V, using 70% lightning element, and guess what, it lunges you to the target, but in the same time does damage. The only bad part is that it uses Impact element. Too bad it's not Slice huh? Just equip 3 of this with 2 Thunder beast on your D3/STAR/ or CROSS. and you'll see the effects, or... on anything with Lightning element, like Chidori.. or Thunder Daijia?

Mountain Slice - Rank A - Crag Thrust.
OK. This skill really has too much Skill force. Like really. This skill is also fast to cast, but the bad part is that it has a big animation, but who cares? when it pierce thought everything in your face 3 meters. Weird. I say that it pierce cause this is what it does, but it uses slice element. Cool right? Rank A cause it's not mobile, and you can't move when it is casted, at all. You become pretty vulnerable from your back.

Holy Impact - Rank B - Sunlight Strike.
Can someone tell me why the heck this skill uses Impact? When it does the same thing like Crag Thrust? It's not as powerful as Crag Trust, but it's faster to cast, and it uses Holy element. Since it's the only Holy element skill, this is useful (without counting True Spirit Blast).

Poison Pierce - Rank E - Poison Fang.
One word. Useless. Low damage, slow, single target, uses piercing element, and even useless on Golden Darumas. Just go for Poison Cloud if you wanna kill those.

Dark Impact - Rank D - Sacrifice.
Why would you want to lose hp in the middle of a battle? Tell me a reason. Even with chiami, this skill is useless. TOO RISKY. At least the damage is better than Poison fang's one. 2 different things anyway. Not for combat. This skill would be useful to lose hp for using the crystal magatama for twin swords, from the next update. If, it trully will appear one.

Fire Slice - Rank S - Crimson Cross Cut.
Yes. One of the most powerful and used skill in this game, Crimson cross cut. From Rank V, 2 slashes, just like Lis said, "the first one dealing more damage", it's animation is medium as speed, would be great on a weapon with a lunging skill since it's not the fastest to cast skill. The durability doesn't suffer too much neigher, and i have to say that the elements for this skill are perfect. Slice + Fire, what a great combination, put this skill on a fire elemental twin sword, like Flame Hakuda for start, even Kanshoubakuya, still giving a slighest bonus to fire skills, or the ultimate fire elemental twin sword, Dark Heaven Enbu. +42 fire.

Wind Slice - Rank A - Twin Blade Slash.
Fastest skill to cast and fastest cooldown from twin sword skills and the damage is pretty nice too. Since it uses Slice element. I recommend this at least on one of your main weapons.

Wind Slice - Rank A - Blue Fang Blade.
Same elements and same raport of elements like twin blade slash. 70% Wind, 30% slice. This skill is one of the most useful skills for a ts user, since it's the only ranged one, attacking with a big X the target from 14 meters. Just imagine this skill being multi target. Massacre. Miyamoto confirmed.

Pierce Slice - Rank B - Lunge Step.
Why does this skill has to have Pierce and Slice? Why can't it have 100% Slice? like the sword Lunge step. It has 1/2 slice and the attack falls considerable, and it's pretty visible, now this skill is ruined and i like it very much. Still, it lunges you pretty far to the target to launch your fast casting skill, something like Crimson Cross Cut or Crag Thust too, or maybe you just wanna put 3 Lunge steps on a weapon and have fun sprinting in the towns like Flash.

Slice - Rank B but soon will be A :v - Double-Edged Cut.
This skill is amazing in my opinion. 100% slice. If you have 60+ Slice, believe me that you'll become very strong with this. but not now, and now i am talking with the lvl 105 players or higher. Cause this skill as all know, does x0.5 dmg when we have full hp and x2 dmg when we have 1 hp. Well. Think about the sf lvl 105 crystal magatamas for twin swords, if they will appear. Doesn't this look like a perfect match?

Special Skills
- I'm not gonna put rank on this ones.

Back Strike
Lis said "This skill is useless unless you're a bow user, maybe useful when you use blue fang" well. You are right, but not perfectly right. This skill is extremly useful, for single target. Since it takes time to cast it, it's not recommandated to use it in combat after you dodge in the back of a boss, cause you probably will be dead till you use you'll use your skill to attack. First the target must be stunned, or freezed, that would make sense, and the back strike will have enough time. I killed a field boss today in Sekigahara cause i was bored, yea. my damage was only 30 k with misty massacre cause i was playing with other weaps. and i used back strike IV, witch boosted my attack to 70k. that was quite something for me. I recommend this skill only when the target is stunned/freezed. Unless you're rambo and like to fight recklessly, or a master in blocks or something.

The Way Of The Twin Swords
I find this skill useless for low lvl players, but it gives a boost in your attack.. why not to use it? Still. This skill will start being pressed by you every minute in your combat from lvl 105.. since you'll start have probIems with affinity.

Steal Attack
This skill adds 50% drop boost at rank II, and 80% drop boost at rank III, this is what wiki said. =_= Well. I don't think i can say more. It's useful if you have a high lvl weapon and you need some materials from low lvl dungeons.. just last hit what you need with this skill. Or use it on chests.

Ougis
OUGI 1 - Wind Slice - Rank A - Fuujin's Circle Dance
*thanks Alseid for the picture*
This is the ultimate single target skill. This skill pushes you closer and closer to the target, razoring everything from it's face in 3 powerful circles. Fast to cast and deals a very nice damage. It's a very mobile skill, and it's total skill force is near True Spirit Blast's one, still, only on 1 side you're facing.

OUGI 2 - Holy Impact - Rank A - True Spirit Blast
*thanks tsukimori0 for the picture*
50% Holy, 50% Impact. The most used skill on Satan by twin sword users, after their usual job of stunning him, or. For lower lvls, the ultimate area of attack skill, luring all the mobs in a place and smash them with this ougi. Extremly useful. Too bad is not too effective on twin swords for now, since no high lvl weapon with holy or impact element(not counting heavenly tiger claw cause those daggers are for lvl 100 max, and it's a blue ranked weapon), but for lower lvls, i said. OP skill.

OUGI 3 - Lightning Slice - Rank S - Thunder Beast
This is the legendary Thunder Beast. The skill able to carry everything till edo all alone if used correctly. This skill is amazing, moderate damage, but can become a real "beast" on a weapon with lightning and slice elements. Who knows? Maybe satan's D3 and this ougi were born to be a perfect match. This skill pierces everything in it's face for a quite really long distance, letting drops behind. I do not recommend using this skill on low lvl weapons, cause it will boost your lvl too fast making you too powerful *joke*. Just keep your best skills for later, take it as an advice. You'll see later.

OUGI 4 - Dark Slice - Rank B - Sheol Slash
*thank you King Crimson for the picture*
Well, this skill has literary the biggest skill force from all the twin sword's ougis. I could say that this skill does all the damage. But it makes you wait .. just TOO much, and in that time you can die, you become so vulnerable pumping 5 seconds motionlessly/ 3 seconds on rank VI. Only if you could call for some help from a friend to lure your target, or.. stun it, use back strike, then this for a funny effect ^^.

OUGI 5 - Wind Pierce - Rank B - Verdant Storm
*thank you Alcestis for this picture*
This skill has a REALLY ridiculously big Skill Force. Uses Wind + Pierce. Maybe in the next updates, this skill will become useful on a wind elemental high lvl weapon, keep it. In rest. Low start, i don't like this. The durability consumption is quite really big too. "It's 30/35, up to a max of 60/70 depending on whether you hit the startup tick + another tick, or just one of them" - Thanks Supreme tentacle for correcting me, again.

Magatamas
When a bow user goes for full skill force magatamas, and can use an elemental magatama too anytime because the skill force won't suffer too much, a twin sword user can't use an elemental magatama all the time. As a twin sword user, you need 3 skill force magatamas, like 3 nekomatas or 3 fuuri, or a combination of those and one chiami, since you are a melee type and you take damage. For begginers i recommand Wolf magatama:
Nekomata magatama:
you can find one in Kyoto from Whimsical Bakeneko. Just do the side quest. You can find this cat in the left of Shinoda Forest.
Grasshopper magatama.. or Bell Cricket if you can craft. Something with slice element would do it for beginers
Image Image
And even Taisai magatama. Low Skill force but it's quite useful, any low lvl should have it
I gotta say this... I remember when i was a low lvl and i tried so hard to get cutting stone, but i didn't. and i was so sad, cause i couldn't craft my wolf magatama XD so now i'll tell this to you. Craft some Purity magatamas. And start dissolving them. Cutting stone will drop from that.
Always put Confining terror and Fated contractor on your magatamas. Don't bother with Critical force, as a twin sword user, no need for that, since twin swords do multi hit attacks, not 1 powerful damaging skills, like bows or axes, even wands. so don't bother putting Unblinking eye orgamentation.

Titles
So you unlocked Amaterasu and you are confused what to choose? or maybe you don't know what would be the best decision. What are titles.. A title is like another extra magatama that doesn't require a slot, or chakra XD. If you are a begininer and you saw some nice titles that gives you attack speed and movement speed, and you wanna buy that, cause you wanna be faster, believe me that you don't need something like this. This is Twin sword's speciality, speed. You were "born" with this, you already have a REALLY fast weapon, so you better find a title that gives you more DEX or even affinity, some nice elements would also do their job (something with slice, lightning or fire, would be perfect), and the most needed thing, Critical. Like all meele type weapons, you gotta have a big critical to use a Chiami, now or later, and a chiami to do it's job in battle needs at least 40 Critical, or you'll pray to be healed with low hp. About Title ranks: < < < just like their costs too.
I'll put here all the Twin swords Titles (if i missed one, tell me in a comment) and my opinion about them, about which one is better and which one not, and why. I'll note witch one is for Daring, or Caution, or both.

() - Ninja | Kumawaka - Both
Dex +4
Movement speed +10
Qualifications: You need 60 or more DEX, costs 400.000 ryou
In my opinion this title is great for begginers, but if you take it for movement speed, believe me that you won't even observe the change, 10 is not so much. If you wanna be fast, just use Moon King sake, from Ibaraki. +20 speed (this does not affect P. atk. speed)

() - Thief | Neppon Daemon - Both
Dex +5
Movement speed +5
Qualifications: You need 60 or more DEX and to have 100.000 ryou at you, costs 400.000 ryou
Well, this is better than Kumawaka and the price is the same.. well.. you gotta have 500.000 ryou when you buy it, not 400.000 ryou.

() - Thief | Kaitou Nijyumensou - Both
Dex +5
Ryou boost +5%
Qualifications: You gotta perform 3 succesions before being able to use this one, costs 400.000 ryou
Not worth to spend 1.6 m ryou for only 5% ryou boost more, really.

() - Ninja | Richard Sorge - Daring
Dex +3
Pow +3
Qualifications: 60+ DEX and you have to clear 50 side quests, costs 400.000 ryou
Takes time to clear those side quests. And for only 3 Dex? no.. this is not good at all.

(■■) - Warrior | Tsukahara Bakuden - Daring
Dex +4
Pow +3
Qualifications: Clear 20+ different dungeons on Hell, costs 700.000 ryou
Same as Richard Sorge, and.. 1 Dex more = 300.000 ryou.

(■■) - Ninja | Kirigakure Saizou - Both
Dex +7
Qualificarions: Finnish Sekigahara being by Eastern side, costs 700.000 ryou
This Title is good for both Daring and Caution. 7 DEX is extremly useful, i had this title.. worth every single ryou, helped me a lot. And it's not too hard to get. You just do your main quest to unlock it.

(■■) - Saint | Asano Takuminokami - Daring
Pow +4
Twin sword affinity +10%
Slice element +10
Qualifications: Combined Lvl or Rank 4+ Twin sword skills must be 100 or more, costs 700.00 ryou
This is useful, but i don't understand the qualification.. is this about skill force? cause if it is, you better equip rank 5 or 6. rank 4 doesn't gives such a big procentage of skill force ( Lion-Dog: +38% ) Anyway. Don't use hybrid magatamas if you wanna do for the rank 5 ones, because.. why would you wanna have 40% from hunter or 38% from bloody festival magatama when you can have 45% skill force from nekotama magatama. I am not such a huge fan of fuuri, because i like to use all my skills, not only my evolved ougis and a few rank VI and VII skills i have. Since the rank of the skills can be evolved till max V via smelting, i preffer Nekotama.

(■■) - Thief | Benten-kozou - Both
Dex +4
Wis +1
Item Drop boost +10%
Qualifications: 60 Dex or more, and to own 3 Kikuichimonji with you
Oh, now i know how this Thief survived XD Benten's blessing. lol. Well, i used this Title with steal attack. 90% Drop boost. About Kikuichimonji.. you can find more details about how to get that sword here: http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Kikuichimonji (but i am sure we all saw this sword at least 1 time). In my opinion. Use this with steal attack, when you gotta grind for some materials. You can get that skill from nyankoropon, skill card 1.

(■■■) - Ninja | Sarutobi Sasuke - Both
Dex +8
No qualifications. only 1.000.000 ryou.
This Title is easy to get and very useful, i can confirm this. Just lvl up Amaterasu for it.

(■■■) - Revolutionary | Che Guevara - Daring
Dex +6
Critical +2
Qualifications: you need 80 or more Pow and 35 or more Dex, cost 1.000.000 ryou.
Use this title if you already maxes Dex, and you have 80 Pow. Don't rush the power first for this bonus. Still, critical + dex is a good combination.

() - Kunoichi | Mochizuki Chiyome - Caution
Dex +6
Wis +3
Qualifications: you need 80 or more Dex, 25 or more Mnd, cost 1.400.000 ryou.
Useful, and easy to get, since you need Mnd anyway, as i said. Still, Sarutobi Sasuke is a better option.

() - Saint | Takeda Motsugai - Daring
Dex +5
Pow +2
Vit +2
Qualifications: clear 40 or more different dungeons on Hell, cost 1.400.000 ryou.
Nu. Low, everything. You can get +5 dex with 400.000 ryou from the titles above.

() - Ninja | Fuuma Kotarou - Daring
Dex +5
Pow +3
Wind element +10
No qualifications, cost 1.400.000 ryou.
The same with Takeda Motsugai. Still, that wind element.. If you have Fuujin's circle or Verdant Storm, it may be useful.

(■■) - Thief | Ishikawa Goemon - Both
Dex +6
Ryou boost +20%
Fire element +20
Qualifications: Dex 80 or more, and have 1.500.000 ryou with you, cost 1.600.000 ryou.
How to get rich: Get 4 kanmons. 1 Usumidori. This Title. And do grotto, lol. Around 1.700.000 ryou per run. Anyway, use this with your Crimson cross cut.

(■■■) - Thief | Lupin - Caution
Dex +5
Ryou boost +15%
Drop boost +15%
Qualifications: Dex 80 or more, Wis 35 or more, and have 2.500.000 ryou with you, cost 1.800.000 ryou.
Beautiful name. And beautiful way to become a "thief" or ryou and materials in the same time. What can i say?

() - Ninja | Momochi Tanpa - Daring
Dex +6
Pow +4
Slice +5
Qualifications: Dex 105 or more, cost 2.700.000 ryou
This Title gives a low amount of Dex and a low Amout of Slice for it's price. And not worth at all.

() - Revolutionary | Sakamoto Ryuuma - Both
Pow +2
Wis +2
Critical +8
No qualifications, cost 2.700.000 ryou
If you are not that lucky with your orgamentations and Kaguya is trolling you, and you got a chiami to use, take this title. Will help you a lot.

() - Warrior | Miyamoto Musashi - Both
Twin Swords Affinty +60%
Pow +3
Wis +3
Qualifications: Combined Lv of Rank 1+ Twin Sword Skills must be 200 or higher and Combined Lv of Rank 1+ Sword Skills must be 200 or higher, cost 2.700.000
Good for higher lvls. Since over lvl 105 you'll start having probIems with affinity like i said. Use this title when you'll start having probIems with it.

(■■) - Ninja | Hattori Hanzou - Daring
Dex +6
Drop Boost +15%
Exp Boost +15%
Twin swords affinity +10%
Qualifications: Dex 80 or more and Pow 30 or more, cost 3.000.000 ryou
This title is good to use when you wanna lvl up and get some extra materials too.. but.. it's 200/200 players already =_= (so many choosing this.. exp leechers probably)

(■■■) - Hero | Uesugi Kenshin - Both
Slice Element +15
Holy Element +15
Fire Element +15
Pierce Element +15
Impact Element +10
Qualifications: Clear 60 different dungeons on Hell, cost 3.300.000 ryou
This title will especialy boost your attack a lil for: crimson cross cut, sunlight strike, Ougi 2 True Spirit Blast, and Verdent Storm a lil. It has some useful elements.. i recommand this.

() - Saint | Sugawara no Michizane - Caution
Lightning element +30
Wis +6
Mnd +5
Qualifications: Wis 120 or more
If you are dissapointed of your Thunder beast damage, you need this title. Still. It's only for Caution players.

It's good to change your titles for the little bonuses you need all the time. When you need to farm ryou, or materials for example, it's worth spending 1- 2 m ryou first on a good title before going in the dungeon.

Edit: i corrected Fuujin's Circle Dance and Verdant Storm mistakes.
Edit: added TS Titles
Last edited by Alex Lower on 09 Sep 2015, 10:49, edited 3 times in total.
IGN: .Alex. - Twin swords user, lvl 115
Alex Lower

Re: [Guide] Twin swords *not complete*

Postby Tekato » 08 Sep 2015, 18:24

There's already a guide for this. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5414
Lv 115 Twinsword
Dead from Onigiri Cancer.
Tekato

Postby Alex Lower » 09 Sep 2015, 00:53

Tekato wrote:There's already a guide for this. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5414

Yup. But i said that this guide if made out of my own opinions. And still, is not finnished
Alex Lower

Postby SupremeTentacle » 09 Sep 2015, 01:09

Wiki's inaccurate about the durability consumption. Chart takes the total number of ticks into account, but most of those don't consume durability because you don't hit anything with them (since you're charging.)

It's actually 30/35, up to a max of 60/70 depending on whether you hit the startup tick + another tick, or just one of them. It's still stronger than shoel trash even with the current elements. Damage per circle no longer lowered with fuujin's iirc, at least not significantly after the buff.

TB is junk in current end game meta. Your magatama reccomendation needs quite a bit of work.

I only commented on the sections I read, so there's probably many more inaccuracies.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Alex Lower » 09 Sep 2015, 01:19

SupremeTentacle wrote:Wiki's inaccurate about the durability consumption. Chart takes the total number of ticks into account, but most of those don't consume durability because you don't hit anything with them (since you're charging.)

It's actually 30/35, up to a max of 60/70 depending on whether you hit the startup tick + another tick, or just one of them. It's still stronger than shoel trash even with the current elements. Damage per circle no longer lowered with fuujin's iirc, at least not significantly after the buff.

TB is junk in current end game meta. Your magatama reccomendation needs quite a bit of work.

I only commented on the sections I read, so there's probably many more inaccuracies.

I see.. well, thank you a lot for correcting me, i'll edit where i was wrong, and i am still working on the magatamas, starting a new character to see the best possibilities. And unfortunately that's true about thunder beast, it becomed junk in oushuu, as i said from the start .-.
Alex Lower

Return to Guides & Strategy