[Guide] Onigiri Basics

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Onigiri Basics

Postby Ryxa » 11 Sep 2015, 07:12

Firon wrote:
SupremeTentacle wrote:Spear = Odachi > Bow > Wand > Sword = TS > Axe > Staff

Without ougi, it's more like

Spear = Odachi > Wand > Bow > Staff = Sword = TS = Axe

If you want me to elaborate, I'll do so.

Just checking, is that for current content or things up to echigo for example? I would personally rate thunderbeast higher up early/mid game.

Since mob density drops extremely hard post-Echigo, there's no point considering mob potential after until we get a certain map with hundreds of Kijimuna that I'm thinking of. Also, Thunderbeast can only hit (3-5?) mobs per bolt and then the damage gets cut to around 10% or 20% and it's an extremely unsafe spell to use in most situations. Compare this to say... Amaya which has a hit limit of (5?) per tick of damage and is practically impossible to even get hit while using and suddenly TB looks a lot less appealing. (Correct those values if I'm wrong.)

Don't take that the wrong way though. I'm not by any means saying TB is a bad spell pre-Echigo and Echigo. My point is that since Ougi 4 and 5 as well as gaining some more knowledge about how damage works in this game (Primarily the fact we never considered how elements scaled until around Echigo), other spells can do its job better. One of the only reasons TB was better than other spells was because nearly every monster up until Echigo is weak to slice, lightning, or both and that gave it a bit of a head start.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby Firon » 11 Sep 2015, 17:57

Added the mobbing rankings as was put. I'll trust your judgement for that since I'm not too familiar with ougi 4 and 5.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Jakiro » 08 Nov 2015, 23:17

Firon wrote:Affinity is very important since it directly raises your attack. This is why it is important to heavily prioritize your main stat.

Affinity also provides Armor/Magic Penetration based on the weapon you use in addition to flat attack damage.
Back for now... Getting back up to speed with this Garg stuffs.
Also taking the liberty to spam knowledge into the forums.

Yosh!tsune [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ May come back one day...
___________ [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ Not telling you the username
Jakiro

Postby Firon » 09 Nov 2015, 00:15

Jakiro wrote:
Firon wrote:Affinity is very important since it directly raises your attack. This is why it is important to heavily prioritize your main stat.

Affinity also provides Armor/Magic Penetration based on the weapon you use in addition to flat attack damage.

Only indirectly. Affinity directly adds to attack but affinity itself plays no part in damage calculations (other than being part of attack).

I do think I need to add a note on armour penetration, though, so I'll add that on the next edit.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Previous

Return to Guides & Strategy