Questions about weapons

Post helpful information for other players here.

Questions about weapons

Postby Kenzu » 09 Nov 2015, 01:07

On some of my weapon icons there is a red star and some others have a yellow thing. What are they?

What does it mean by weapon Grade?

thnx :D
Kenzu

Re: Questions about weapons

Postby Jakiro » 09 Nov 2015, 01:28

Those symbols you see are weapon rarities.

Gray = Crap
White = Common
Blue Shuuriken = Uncommon
Red Star = Rare
Gold Jewel = Highest Tier/Legendary

http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
^ Look under Rarity
Back for now... Getting back up to speed with this Garg stuffs.
Also taking the liberty to spam knowledge into the forums.

Yosh!tsune [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ May come back one day...
___________ [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ Not telling you the username
Jakiro

Postby Kenzu » 09 Nov 2015, 01:43

thanks! I didnt know this had a wiki :D
Kenzu

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 09 Nov 2015, 17:44

As for Grade, that usually determines a weapon's durability. Grade 20 weapons typically have 880 Durability (except for some weapons like Goshinken, which seem to have higher durability for some reason). With most weapons, an increase in grade by one level results in an extra 4 durability points. I can't confirm this next point, but I *think* Grade might also affect the bonuses that a weapon comes with (You may have seen some of this already. Kikuichimonji typically comes with a small boost to Sword Skill Force, and the Artemis Bow comes with a boost to Holy Element, as I recall). From my own experience, higher grade weapons tend to have more of these bonuses. Then again, I could just be lucky. I tend to only use weapons of Grade 40 or higher, due to their higher durability more than anything else.

I believe Grade caps at 100, at which point most weapons have 1200 durability (barring the use of durability tickets, or the boost to durability that comes from a Great Repair).
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Firon » 09 Nov 2015, 18:03

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:As for Grade, that usually determines a weapon's durability. Grade 20 weapons typically have 880 Durability (except for some weapons like Goshinken, which seem to have higher durability for some reason). With most weapons, an increase in grade by one level results in an extra 4 durability points. I can't confirm this next point, but I *think* Grade might also affect the bonuses that a weapon comes with (You may have seen some of this already. Kikuichimonji typically comes with a small boost to Sword Skill Force, and the Artemis Bow comes with a boost to Holy Element, as I recall). From my own experience, higher grade weapons tend to have more of these bonuses. Then again, I could just be lucky. I tend to only use weapons of Grade 40 or higher, due to their higher durability more than anything else.

I believe Grade caps at 100, at which point most weapons have 1200 durability (barring the use of durability tickets, or the boost to durability that comes from a Great Repair).

It does, but that's not the main reason you want it.

I wrote:Weapon Attack values depend on the weapon class, grade, rarity and level.

i.e. You really want to have grade 100 with higher level weapons and a grade 0 smithed weapon makes you hate Yoshitsune.

Extra attributes on weapons are random -unless they're affected by Shizuka's Identifying level. Not sure about this one.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 10 Nov 2015, 18:17

Firon wrote:a grade 0 smithed weapon makes you hate Yoshitsune.

I remember when she spat out a Grade 0 Gandiva. Pretty sure my exact words were "Go fuck yourself Yoshitsune!" And then another time she gave me a Grade 74 Oninodachi and I was like "Bitching." That's the highest grade unsmelted weapon I ever had.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Momiji » 11 Nov 2015, 18:18

A 94-grade Sky Rending Sword can't be wrong. :D
What a pain in the ass...
TwintailsLv 130

Find me on The Onigiri Discord server!
Momiji

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 12 Nov 2015, 17:49

Not that many odachi lolis out there.

Mine used to carry Odachi, but she was struggling so I shifted to a more focused build, prioritizing Twin Swords. If I ever start an Odachi focused character, that'll probably be a Loli. Same with if I do an Axe focused one.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Return to Guides & Strategy