Mango Magatama Location?

Post helpful information for other players here.

Mango Magatama Location?

Postby TheKittysPowaa » 14 Dec 2015, 15:53

Hello and good day! Can anyone tell me where to find the Mango Magatama? Onigiri English Wiki says it drops at Bare Hand Cave - Hell and Den of Needles - Hell(Just listing the 2 easiest Dungeons here)yet I've tried farming these places for hours, during the course of 2 weeks and even in a 5 man party no Magatama drop at those places, whatsoever... Did the locations change and the Wiki just isn't being updated or something? I'm a Bow user and I'm desperate for Mango Magatama for my Rank 5 Skills! D:
TheKittysPowaa

Re: Mango Magatama Location?

Postby Blazef2 » 14 Dec 2015, 16:02

Pretty sure someone said that the drop rates are worse on hell than on hard. Just be patient it'll drop eventually.
Ign: Blazef2
Some people just want to see the world burn
Other Alts are in progress
Blazef2

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 14 Dec 2015, 19:21

Numerous sources have confirmed that magatama drop rates are worse on Hell than on Hard. I believe the drop rate for full party on Hard is 5%, but I could be wrong. If you want better odds: Item Drop Boost. If you still have 300% boosts from the previous calendar, now's the time to use them. 200% boosts will also help. If you're *really* desperate: Bazaar. Someone's bound to be selling one. I usually see a guy in Onigashima saying that he's trying to quit and is selling everything he has. Might be worth a shot, and better than grinding endlessly.

As another pointer; easy dungeons tend to be worse for mag drops. You want a dungeon with as many mobs as possible. It might be harder, but if it has ten times the mobs as the easier dungeon, that ought to be better for finding what you need.

TL;DR Grind Hard or buy it.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Firon » 14 Dec 2015, 20:56

For this one, I'd recommend farming the field bosses (unless you want the 0.00222% from either level 55 or 59 hard mode...). For comparison, here's a link (the two tables).
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby TheKittysPowaa » 28 Dec 2015, 14:58

Thanks Everyone. :)
TheKittysPowaa

Return to Guides & Strategy