Weapons/maga to use

Post helpful information for other players here.

Weapons/maga to use

Postby TheonlyDaichi » 27 Mar 2016, 20:47

I am a current level 91 with a maxed Pow stat, and my Vit is about halfway. I have a little in Dexterity, but have no idea what weapons and Maga are best for my classes. So, if at all, I would like a little bit of help. I do like Nodachi, as well as sword/twin sword, but I do not know what is the best.

Also, Maga-wise, I'm currently using four of the same maga that boost my Bow affinity 40% if I have 30+ power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Moderately active Player
    Daichi Kobayashi - Level 114 - Sword
    ~Tuka~kun - Level 60 - Spear
    Ragequit - Level 63 - Sword

Please don't make me do things I don't have to.
TheonlyDaichi

Re: Weapons/maga to use

Postby Miyano311 » 28 Mar 2016, 03:51

why do you use mags for bows when you can wear those for swords?

Anyway, my best suggestion (for me) is doing those side quests in Yamataikoku, Kumaso to get some mags with swords skill force
Also you can get some good weaps from around Echigo to Nakasendo. Not really recommend using Nodachi, it has low atk :P
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Postby TheonlyDaichi » 28 Mar 2016, 06:23

I currently use the Magatama for Bow because of the fact that I kind of did a 'slap-myself-in-the-face' move at about level 80, and put stat points to Vit instead of Dex, where I want them now. I recently leveled to 92, so I plan to put some more points to Dexterity.

Other than that, I currently use a low level with Thunder Beast (Bad choice, I know), A Samehada with three custom skills attached, a single bow, a Scaled Walnut Spear, and a pair of TS.
Moderately active Player

TheonlyDaichi

Postby Miyano311 » 28 Mar 2016, 06:59

still keep your status reset?
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Postby Khaos Muffins » 28 Mar 2016, 12:34

Since you maxed POW you might as well go for wither sword/ odachi or axe.

Vit us useless except for spears <- mistake 1

Stick to one weapon <- mistake 2 If you're doing an odachi/ TS build you need max POW and DEX.

If doing hybrid build you need both odachi and TS skill force magatama. Also keep in mind that when switching weps you need to switch titles to max affinity.
Vote Trump 2020 bitches
Khaos Muffins

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 28 Mar 2016, 17:42

If you have the Status Point Reset still, you can undo the Vitality mistake. If you're going for Odachi/Twin Sword combo, then I'd recommend getting Akatsukiyama Magatama (Rank 3+ Odachi & TS Skill Force +80% as long as your HP is above 75%). Failing that, I'd say Taishougun Magatama (Rank 5+ SF to all weapons, boosted by 43% per mag). I'm too tired to look at weapons now to recommend any, so I just say go look at the Wiki and find some around your level. Of course, since POW is maxed out, your Odachi will be strongert than TS. Might be better to stick with swords instead. In which case Ronin Magatama is your friend (Rank 5+ Sword SF +40%, Rank 5+ Odachi SF +38%). A Seven Star Sword is good to use, though there's probably better ones I don't know about.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby TheonlyDaichi » 28 Mar 2016, 19:06

Khaos Muffins wrote:Since you maxed POW you might as well go for wither sword/ odachi or axe.

Vit us useless except for spears <- mistake 1

Stick to one weapon <- mistake 2 If you're doing an odachi/ TS build you need max POW and DEX.

If doing hybrid build you need both odachi and TS skill force magatama. Also keep in mind that when switching weps you need to switch titles to max affinity.

Right. As for the question Miyano asked, no, I don't. I used it between 75-80 and that's where I messed up. Past that, I can save some aside from my paychecks and buy some OC to get a status point reset.
Moderately active Player

TheonlyDaichi

Postby Firon » 28 Mar 2016, 22:13

I would say that you aren't really in desperate need for a stat reset yet. Since you've maxed Pow, you shouldn't be lacking much damage as long as you build towards one weapon (with titles and magatama). The only thing you're really missing in terms of stats would be some mind for sp recovery and dex for crit rate, cool down rate and some other things. The vit should actually prove somewhat useful at your level since the extra hp and hp recovery rate doesn't hurt unless you are intentionally keeping your hp low and not using Chiami Magatama (however, I wouldn't recommend it).

My magatama suggestions would be 3 rank 5 or 6 skill force magatama (for one weapon of course) and a chiami magatama or 4 rank 5/6 skill force magatama. If any of these are available from The Warding-Aragami Magma (chiami is not since it's crafted), then I'd suggest getting those since the drop rate is much better so you can get better ornaments too. As for the weapons, any high level gold would probably do (as long as it's not a dragonark weapon...). If you're still looking for weapons, you may want to look into the Golden Weapon Hunt Youen dungeon in The Warding if you haven't already done so.

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:... Akatsukiyama Magatama (Rank 3+ Odachi & TS Skill Force +80% as long as your HP is above 75%). Failing that, I'd say Taishougun Magatama (Rank 5+ SF to all weapons, boosted by 43% per mag)...

I wouldn't recommend these because:
Akatsukiyama Magatama has a min level of 118.
Taishougun Magatama has a high chakra cost and, since it's untyped, ornamentation would be difficult.

Btw, this topic is in the wrong section (general discussion is more suitable, though a lot of people seem to be asking questions here lately -.-").
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 30 Mar 2016, 17:18

Note to self: look at magatama chakra costs and level requirement *BEFORE* recommending. Doesn't help that I made a list of mags I want to get, and focused only on their effects. Made no note of anything else unless it was some kind of penalty or condition (like needing to have more than 50% HP or whatever).
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby TheonlyDaichi » 03 Apr 2016, 22:01

Firon wrote:I would say that you aren't really in desperate need for a stat reset yet. Since you've maxed Pow, you shouldn't be lacking much damage as long as you build towards one weapon (with titles and magatama). The only thing you're really missing in terms of stats would be some mind for sp recovery and dex for crit rate, cool down rate and some other things. The vit should actually prove somewhat useful at your level since the extra hp and hp recovery rate doesn't hurt unless you are intentionally keeping your hp low and not using Chiami Magatama (however, I wouldn't recommend it).

My magatama suggestions would be 3 rank 5 or 6 skill force magatama (for one weapon of course) and a chiami magatama or 4 rank 5/6 skill force magatama. If any of these are available from The Warding-Aragami Magma (chiami is not since it's crafted), then I'd suggest getting those since the drop rate is much better so you can get better ornaments too. As for the weapons, any high level gold would probably do (as long as it's not a dragonark weapon...). If you're still looking for weapons, you may want to look into the Golden Weapon Hunt Youen dungeon in The Warding if you haven't already done so.

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:... Akatsukiyama Magatama (Rank 3+ Odachi & TS Skill Force +80% as long as your HP is above 75%). Failing that, I'd say Taishougun Magatama (Rank 5+ SF to all weapons, boosted by 43% per mag)...

I wouldn't recommend these because:
Akatsukiyama Magatama has a min level of 118.
Taishougun Magatama has a high chakra cost and, since it's untyped, ornamentation would be difficult.

Btw, this topic is in the wrong section (general discussion is more suitable, though a lot of people seem to be asking questions here lately -.-").

Thanks, self note. I didn't really know, so... *Shrug* In any case, I more wanted to do is a Pow/Dex mix, for Axe/Tachi/Sword/TS/Bow. Buuuuut, I messed up so bad. In any case, I made a new character, and he's turning out 10x more successful already. There are things that I could do, but at this point, I'm just leveling my other characters. I got the main to 94, but I can't find any carries lately. So, at this point, I'm looking at spamming an easier dg for now.
Moderately active Player

TheonlyDaichi

Next

Return to Guides & Strategy