ivys quest

Post helpful information for other players here.

ivys quest

Postby superssar » 14 Jun 2016, 10:55

I see a lot of people struggle at this fight. But really, he's lot easy than you though
I've recorded a footage of me fighting him. Because of the lag so I kind of mess up at some point but the fight still went pretty well
here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXQhm7qD_eM
superssar

Re: ivys quest

Postby EmeraldWolf » 14 Jun 2016, 13:29

superssar wrote:I see a lot of people struggle at this fight. But really, he's lot easy than you though
I've recorded a footage of me fighting him. Because of the lag so I kind of mess up at some point but the fight still went pretty well
here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXQhm7qD_eM

People struggled with Oppenheimer? He is one the easiest bosses ever, you just wait till he starts taunting and lay into him. Rinse repeat.
EmberWolf is my main character.

British player: Give me more story plz ;_;
EmeraldWolf

Postby superssar » 14 Jun 2016, 20:08

That's maybe a strategy you use when fight him with your character but with Ivys, you can go offensive and do some huge dam as long as the chain's still active
The chain is the key for fighting him. it's active after you deal enough damage (or maybe not). With Ivys basic 2 long hit combo you can active it with out come near him and if you take advantage of this maybe you can take him down in 3 minutes (I have to deal with the lag so I can't :cry: )
here's the video of my friend fighting him. He's done a lot better than me but too bad he doesn't have good healing items

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqptzZRBQL0
superssar

Postby EmeraldWolf » 14 Jun 2016, 20:27

superssar wrote:That's maybe a strategy you use when fight him with your character but with Ivys, you can go offensive and do some huge dam as long as the chain's still active
The chain is the key for fighting him. it's active after you deal enough damage (or maybe not). With Ivys basic 2 long hit combo you can active it with out come near him and if you take advantage of this maybe you can take him down in 3 minutes (I have to deal with the lag so I can't :cry: )
here's the video of my friend fighting him. He's done a lot better than me but too bad he doesn't have good healing items

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqptzZRBQL0

He's using the same strat as me, when he taunts lay into him with ougis then avoid him whilst throwing autos at him, takes him down fast and low risk if you fast enough.

EmeraldWolf

Postby superssar » 14 Jun 2016, 22:52

yeah it's really risky thou because the chain not working all the time.
I guess the chain only tank for you the first hit from the second hit onward you take 100% dam not 0%
I don't know it's just me or the more the chain glow the more effective it's become
superssar

Postby EmeraldWolf » 15 Jun 2016, 16:45

superssar wrote:yeah it's really risky thou because the chain not working all the time.
I guess the chain only tank for you the first hit from the second hit onward you take 100% dam not 0%
I don't know it's just me or the more the chain glow the more effective it's become

I've mostly noticed that when you are channelling your ougis you are invunerable so I dunno what the chains really do or how they work exactly.

EmeraldWolf

Postby IamNotYolo » 20 Jun 2016, 16:30

Oppy attacks mostly in front of him so if you dash through him, you can avoid getting hit and stay close :)
Also, his attacks are slow enough to block (only if no lag)
#YOLO (lvl130 Archer) "Bows have always sucked" AYY LMAO
IamNotYolo

Postby Rainmaker » 20 Jun 2016, 18:53

I feel the way leading up to Oppenheimer was harder than actually fighting him. He leaves a lot of openings really. If he taunts, spam everything on him. If he doesn't, then just wait until he tries the dash attack then you dash in and combo with your ougis.
What am I even supposed to put in here
Rainmaker

Postby Khaos Muffins » 21 Jun 2016, 02:17

You can also make him glitch into a wall. Just like how you can do it for it with a lunge step at some areas, mobs can rarely do it too and Oppy isn't an exception
Vote Trump 2020 bitches
Khaos Muffins

Postby Heimarmene » 22 Jun 2016, 08:02

Rainmaker wrote:I feel the way leading up to Oppenheimer was harder than actually fighting him. He leaves a lot of openings really. If he taunts, spam everything on him. If he doesn't, then just wait until he tries the dash attack then you dash in and combo with your ougis.

Same... Oppenheimer can be done if you dodge and spam potions when you get hit but the freaking blue crabs :|

If you attack them from range, they'll do that charging thing and smack you for half your life. If you ougi them, they'll blow bubbles that end up hitting you after the ougi ends for half your life. If you run up to them to skill them or attack them, they'll claw you for half your life. There's like no good way to fight them at all :|
Heimarmene

Next

Return to Guides & Strategy