Favorite Animes

Free discussion unrelated to Onigiri.

Re: Favorite Animes

Postby Level6Shift » 26 Jun 2014, 20:04

RenaNya~ wrote:Kaichou wa Maid-sama <-- Best romance

Have you checked out Toradora yet? I don't mean to bash on your tastes, if you like that show that's fine, but I personally found Toradora to be my best romance show.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, make it quick."
--Oreki Houtarou
Level6Shift

Postby Rufei » 27 Jun 2014, 06:05

RenaNya~ wrote:This question aint easy o3o If I could, I'd make this list endless. Just a bottomless list of animes I enjoyed x3 going far enough to go try their Visual Novels.

I've avoided this thread because it's such a terrible question. As a generally rule of thumb, I never ask this question as an ice breaker and I've taught successive club presidents to never use it either. A better one would be "what's your favorite anime that you're currently watching" or "list any 3 anime you really enjoy."

That being said...

Old(er) shit
Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, Dragonball/DBZ (namely because I was a kid)
The beginning of Naruto and Bleach (namely because I was still a kid)
Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Blue Submarine No. 6, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, and basically Toonami/Adult Swim in general
Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits
Ranma 1/2, Mermaid Saga, Maison Ikkoku and Takahashi in general
Kimagure Orange Road
Ichigo 100%
Love Hina
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Let's & Go! (That 4WD anime)
Gunbuster/Daibuster, and Gainax/Imaishi in general
SHITTY HUNTAH (City Hunter for all the kids)
Twelve Kingdoms
Stars Chronicles (Banner of the Stars, Crest of the Stars)
G Gundam, 08th MS Team, Char's Counterattack (UC Gundam in general)

New(er) shit
Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann (hey look, everyone loved these)
Eureka Seven (Amazing Grace pt 1)
Rozen Maiden
Clannad, Angel Beats, and Key in general
Sora no Woto (Amazing Grace pt 2)
Haruhi, Lucky Star, Nichijou, and pre-K-On! KyoAni in general
Toradora, AnoHana
Kannagi, aka holy shit how can you like Yamakan (fuck it, I like the guy and I pity his situation)
Kids on the Slope
Eden of the East
Dantalian no Shoka
Wandering Son
House of Five Leaves
Usagi Drop
Shinsekai Yori
Penguindrum
Katanagatari
Jormungand
Inu X Boku SS
Humanity Has Declined
The setting of Shakugan no Shana, To Aru series

Even Newer Shit - Jesus christ I hate this question
Fate/Zero, Suisei no Gargantia, Madoka, and Urobutcher in general
Little Witch Academia, KILL la KILL, and more Imaishi in general
Attack on Titan (retarded plot end rewrite aside, it's wonderful when animated)
Magi, Jojo
Love Lab, Kill Me Baby, Hyougemono
Tokyo Ravens, Nagi no Asukara, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Kyousougiga, Yowamushi Pedal, Log Horizon (S2 HYPE GET)
Noragami, Nobunagun, WUG, SPESS DANDEE
WIXOSS, Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, One Week Friends, Hitsugi no Chaika
Ping Pong the Animation, Tekkonkinkreet, and really anything by Matsumoto

Other Shit - Like movies and things that transcend time and space (Dandy excluded)
Akira, GITS, Jin-Roh, and just about every Ghibli or Shinkai film
Everything by Satoshi Kon (RIP)
Just about everything by Osamu Tezuka
Select works by Go Nagai
Saint Young Men
Amazing Nuts!, Robot Carnival, and other artsy anthologies
Mostly everything in Anime Mirai (e.g. Oyaji no Lantern, Harmonie, Death Billiards, LWA...)

Goddamn, I'm sure I missed a lot of shit. Seriously, don't ask "favorite anime" because people who have been doing this for 10+ years have laundry lists like mine, doubly so for those who also watch pre-90s anime, even moreso if they're a goddamn mecha fan.

Heshiku wrote:and why not a manga list.

Rufei: Lv 7x (VIT/POW Spear/Axe)
Rufei

Postby maxwell3094 » 28 Jun 2014, 04:13

Rufei wrote:Kannagi, aka holy shit how can you like Yamakan (fuck it, I like the guy and I pity his situation)

WUG

Yamakan is the hero that anime needs. He has promised to save us so we must believe! :lol: Really though he seems like a nice guy who really does care about his work and as funny as his situation may be at times (oh god the threads about him in /a/ when WUG was airing.) I cant help but feel bad for him.

Rufei wrote:Goddamn, I'm sure I missed a lot of shit. Seriously, don't ask "favorite anime" because people who have been doing this for 10+ years have laundry lists like mine, doubly so for those who also watch pre-90s anime, even moreso if they're a goddamn mecha fan.

To be fair its not as though you had to post ALL your favorites or favorites from a specific time period. Could have just named a top 10 or something.
Rufei wrote:
Heshiku wrote:and why not a manga list.

Manga, visual novel, light novel, and video game list gogo! :twisted:
Alpha: Level 37 alpha clearer
Release: Level 119 cautious type (Press F to pay respects)
Boss guide - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8143&p=29482#p29482
Last added: Abyss Gargoyle
maxwell3094

Postby Rufei » 28 Jun 2014, 04:38

maxwell3094 wrote:To be fair its not as though you had to post ALL your favorites or favorites from a specific time period. Could have just named a top 10 or something.

It's even harder to cull from that list. Sometimes it's defeatist since you're comparing apples and oranges. I mean, I love Toradora for its writing and characters, whereas Jin-Roh has a nice, brooding pace that complements its weighty animation. But to say one's superior than the other? I'll pass.

maxwell3094 wrote:Manga, visual novel, light novel, and video game list gogo! :twisted:

Rufei: Lv 7x (VIT/POW Spear/Axe)
Rufei

Postby Delacroix » 29 Jun 2014, 09:51

in no particular order

Attack on Titan
Baccano!
Cowboy Bebop
Darker then Black
Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood
Fate/Zero
Great Teacher Onizuka
Ghost in the Shell
Monogatari Series
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Steins;Gate
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Welcome to the NHK

Obvious ones : Dragonball and One Piece.

Are we discussing movies too? If so my list would be like this :

1) Spirited Away.
2) Akira
3) Paprika
4) Perfect Blue
5) Princess Mononoke
6) My Neighbour Totoro
7) Howl's Moving Castle.
8) Ghost in the Shell
9) Garden of Words
10) The Place Promised in our Early Days

I haven't yet seen Grave of the Fireflies, I'm pretty sure it might end up in my top three considering the subject matter and the reputation it holds.
Delacroix

Postby StingEucliffe » 01 Jul 2014, 00:40

My list may be a little one-sided because I pretty much only watch tournament style/action adventure anime.

Fairy Tail - (The action, the humor, the competitive nature all good)

Hunter x Hunter

Attack on Titan - (The raw emotion and action in this anime was pretty dope)

Sword Art Online - (Mainly because of the concept and the animation. 2nd series got pretty soft though.)

Claymore - (I usually don't like animes with Female leads but this was done right. No upskirt, boobs in your face, ecchi type of stuff)

Can't for get the old cliche: Dragon Ball Z
StingEucliffe

Postby XauroraRAVEN » 01 Jul 2014, 02:48

Black Rock Shooter
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Tokyo Mew Mew
Lucky Star
Dragonball GT (Some Dragonball Z)
Teen Titans
Digimon
Pokemonn
Code Lyoko
XauroraRAVEN

Postby RenaNya~ » 01 Jul 2014, 07:41

Level6Shift wrote:

Have you checked out Toradora yet? I don't mean to bash on your tastes, if you like that show that's fine, but I personally found Toradora to be my best romance show.

No problem and no need. I did watched Toradora in my early times when I was watching romance animes(and yes, I love the anime too. But I don't like choosing what seems to be best as it would say something else isn't leading to this reply I have to make.). I didn't want to put down the entire list of all the romance animes I could've possibly liked so I put what I had to put down.

btw, what you think about Golden Time?

Rufei wrote:
RenaNya~ wrote:This question aint easy o3o If I could, I'd make this list endless. Just a bottomless list of animes I enjoyed x3 going far enough to go try their Visual Novels.

I've avoided this thread because it's such a terrible question. As a generally rule of thumb, I never ask this question as an ice breaker and I've taught successive club presidents to never use it either. A better one would be "what's your favorite anime that you're currently watching" or "list any 3 anime you really enjoy."

At least this person understands ^.^ and yes, that would be a more preferred question since it won't really cause too much chaos.
CBT:
Nyako: Lv 18

Offical:
RenaNya~: Lv 17 (dps assult)
RenaNyan: Lv 5 (Mage)
RenaNya: Lv 25 (Supportive healer)
RenaNya~

Postby Erox » 01 Jul 2014, 11:43

RenaNya~ wrote:
Level6Shift wrote:

No problem and no need. I did watched Toradora in my early times when I was watching romance animes(and yes, I love the anime too. But I don't like choosing what seems to be best as it would say something else isn't leading to this reply I have to make.). I didn't want to put down the entire list of all the romance animes I could've possibly liked so I put what I had to put down.

btw, what you think about Golden Time?

Rufei wrote:

At least this person understands ^.^ and yes, that would be a more preferred question since it won't really cause too much chaos.

Dragon Ball Z ChieldHood MAnnnn

and a new series coming out soon!!

[COPY Cat]
Erox

Postby Shinrai » 01 Jul 2014, 12:31

Hi, that's a really difficult question for me. I am a big anime/manga fan for over 15 years now and watched quite a few. There were a lot, which i liked and disliked. I'll write the animes down, that i liked to watch in the past months (not in order, just how i can remember)

Samurai Champloo
Bleach
Noragami
Mirai Nikki
Hyouka
K
Magi
Hiro no Kankera
Hakuoki
Steins;Gate
Soul Eater
Sidonia no Kishi
Ao no Exorcist
Durarara!!
Beelzebub
Kami-sama no Hajimemashita
Gintama
Kami Gami no Asobi
Mekaku City Actors
Bento

etc.etc.etc. (sorry if i misspelled a title)
Shinrai

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic