Sword Art Online: The Beginning

Free discussion unrelated to Onigiri.

Re: Sword Art Online: The Beginning

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 29 Mar 2016, 17:51

Found this just now:

http://www.otakutale.com/2016/sword-art-online-beginning-alpha-test-video-report/

Looks like the Alpha Test went well, though differently to how I expected. Looks like they'll need to do a bit of brushing up with the visuals and controls, but not *too* much overall. At this stage though, the only thing I'm wondering is how this would be implemented for home use. I was expecting that walking/running would be done via a control pad of some kind, not by actually moving around, even if that movement was done on a "multidirectional treadmill."
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 29 Mar 2016, 17:55

http://www.mugendai-web.jp/vrmmo-project/

A few images from within the Alpha test are included here. Gleam Eyes looks.... a little cute actually. I kinda want to pet him. I really hope the visuals get a bit better. It's going to be hard to fight something that I want to keep as a pet. Skull Reaper's supposed to be tremendously scary, but at this rate I don't think it will be. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Khaos Muffins » 30 Mar 2016, 03:42

i just hope there aren't 50 Kirito's running around.

I also hope they do what BnS does with its dungeons so we don't progress through the story until you clear the dungeon, unlike the anime where once 1 person clears it everyone clears it.
Vote Trump 2020 bitches
Khaos Muffins

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 30 Mar 2016, 17:27

There's bound to be plenty of Kirito wannabees. It's SAO, so it's heaven for those losers. I definitely agree with the dungeon thing though, otherwise leaching will be way too easy. Just get someone to take you through Floor 100 and gain like 70 levels. I hope we can have multiple characters, like with pretty much every RPG ever. I'd probably have 2 or 3 characters in total. I'm also wondering if they'd force you to take on a Floor Boss in a raid group, or let you try and solo it. There's a certain level of appeal about potentially being the player to solo Skull Reaper. It might be one bitch of a fight, but hella rewarding at the end.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Previous

Return to Off Topic