Game crashed, deleted my game files

Requests for help go here. Please read the FAQ before you post!

Game crashed, deleted my game files

Postby Fuusuke » 01 Jul 2014, 22:03

M'kay gonna' recall as much as possible of how the hell this happened.
Was playing, already at Yamataikoku, there was a dialogue (before the Meeting Nashime quest). Since I already seen that part from CBT, decided to press skip. What happened was: I got a runtime error of some sort. I didn't screen it because it happened once a few hours ago. So I just shrugged it off as my client being a derp. Now, what's interesting was...

My launcher turned full japanese for no freaking reason.

I freaked out and closed it immediately. Then when I opened the launcher again, the update was at 0%. Which confused me and I decided to check my game files. What was once before 3+ GB in size became 0.99 GB. When the launcher got at 100%, closed it, it tried to open again. But it kept saying a launcher error and that I restart the damn patcher. To which I did 5 or more times. Gave up. Restarted my PC. And voila look what just happened:

My game suddenly goes back downloading at 27% when I already got it full patched. Yaaaaay \ o /
No, actually, screw that.

What the hell just happened?

Proof I was already in game (and it's already full patched) and not trollin':

This one was when it was still laggy in Onigashima before the emergency fix. (Notice the 94%)

And this one, me inside Kishinden with the Milky Holmes guest character. (No more downloading that time, it was already done)

I got no qualms about re-downloading it, I can do something else while it downloads. But I think I should warn you guys to back up your Onigiri files just incase. Don't want to re-download the game do ya?
And if possible, CS, fix? I know it's kinda' weird without the proper screenshots (the errors and the suddenly japanese patcher, sorry, I kinda' freaked out on that one and thought it'll return to normal).
Aww snap Theodork.

Fuusuke / Lv. 28 [EnCBT]
Fuusuke / Lv. 5x | Akinari / Lv. 1x | Satoka / Lv. 1x [EnOfficial]
Fuusuke

Re: Game crashed, deleted my game files

Postby Trace Sukira » 01 Jul 2014, 22:24

Question: Have you been able to redownload the game completely and reaccess the game?
Question 2: Has this happened more than once? If this is an isolated event, then there shouldn't be much need to worry about it, even if it does happen to more than one person.
What is my reasoning? Because, after the event, the game returns to normal function without further intervention.
It's like getting chicken pox: Get it once, don't worry again.

However, if you are not able to fully redownload the game/ Reaccess the game, then this is something for concern, even if it has happened only to you.
Please update on the status of your situation soon.
"Do you know the speed at which cherry blossoms fall?"
Five Centimeters per Second

Trace Sukira

Postby Fuusuke » 01 Jul 2014, 22:28

Still re-downloading for now, 43% though and considering my connection speed, it might take an hour or two to access it again.
The runtime error happened twice, but at the second one, my client decided to kill itself for no reason. Hopefully, if it gets back and running again, it'll stop there. But uhhh... just in case I think I'll just back up all of my data.

I'll give ya another update once I'm able to get in.
Aww snap Theodork.

Fuusuke / Lv. 28 [EnCBT]
Fuusuke

Postby Trace Sukira » 01 Jul 2014, 22:59

Make sure to get a screenshot of the runtime error if it does happen again.
I (personally) have never come across an error that would cause file deletion like that.
Nor, as you might guess, can I explain what could catalyze something like that.

Then again, I'm no coder. I'm just a writer and a gamer hoping for an explanation for my own problem, trying to help others with their problems while I wait xD
Here's hoping that everything will work out for you.
"Do you know the speed at which cherry blossoms fall?"
Five Centimeters per Second

Trace Sukira

Postby Meredy » 02 Jul 2014, 00:23

OMG my client deleted the files too, i was able to play without a problem hours ago. but then suddenly i got error message with japanese language too. and i try to reopened, the client redownload the patch, and my game files data turned from 3.7gb to 1gb
Meredy

Postby Fuusuke » 02 Jul 2014, 00:47

90% in now. Nothing really strange so far. If it's completed, I'll try to reconnect and see what happens.

Meredy wrote:OMG my client deleted the files too, i was able to play without a problem hours ago. but then suddenly i got error message with japanese language too. and i try to reopened, the client redownload the patch, and my game files data turned from 3.7gb to 1gb

Oh dear...
Are you re-downloading right now?
Aww snap Theodork.

Fuusuke / Lv. 28 [EnCBT]
Fuusuke

Postby Meredy » 02 Jul 2014, 00:55

Fuusuke wrote:Oh dear...
Are you re-downloading right now?

i have no idea, the error message was in japanese language. im redownloading right now, currently 79% T.T
Meredy

Postby Fuusuke » 02 Jul 2014, 01:02

Hmm. I guess we had different errors? I'm pretty darn sure it was another runtime error but it's in English for me. It's the launcher that suddenly turned japanese. (Different color and style than the current English one)

Edit: Restarted, the client still works normally. Yay ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆
I really hope this is just a one time thing. I'd be terribly annoyed fixing this client every time it decides to act up and kill itself. Thanks Trace!
Aww snap Theodork.

Fuusuke / Lv. 28 [EnCBT]
Fuusuke

Postby HentaiKun » 02 Jul 2014, 01:53

Oh my god I have that problem too... suddenly my client patcher became japanese and the game size became only 1 GB...

I think because we instaled 2 Onigiris Client... the JP and the US...

GM please respond to this... My download speed will kill me cause it's too slow...
HentaiKun

Postby KingHunt » 02 Jul 2014, 09:56

Its happen to me too its the 3 times already i must re downlaod again ( i already fully download the client ) anyone know how to fix this ? :(
KingHunt

Next

Return to Help & Support