Suggestion to make Onigiri Online better

Requests for help go here. Please read the FAQ before you post!

Suggestion to make Onigiri Online better

Postby Lynneth » 29 Jul 2014, 07:21

First of all, thank you to the Cyberstep for developing this fantastic games. I really love the Japanese feeling in this game, and the voice acting is also awesome. The character design is okay I guess.
Well, after playing for a few weeks now, I have some suggestions and inputs to make Onigiri Online better, especially the UI (User Interface), the Menu Shortcut, The Enhancement, Smelting, and Opening Menu. Eventhough I have already adapted to the circumstances, it still bugs me everytime I want to fast menu access, item/equipment sort, searching items and weapons, etc.

Regarding Accessibility of Menus :

1.Please Make it has a simple keyboard shortcut to access the menus provided ingame. And please don't make it ridiculously complicated, by adding alt button and mouse hovering, clicking. Why make something complicated when you can make it simple?

For example to access :
1.Character Status : Press 'C' in keyboard (one step). (Right now, we need to press alt, and then move the mouse cursor to my character, choose status, and then choose character - 4 steps)
2.Character Equip : Press 'E' in keyboard.(one step).(Right now, we need to press alt, and then move the mouse cursor to my character, choose status, and then choose equip - 4 steps)
3.Character Clothing : Press 'V' in keyboard (one step).(Right now, we need to press alt, and then move the mouse cursor to my character, choose clothing - 3 steps)
4.Character Inventory : Press 'I' in keyboard (one step).(Right now, we need to press alt, and then move the mouse cursor to my character, choose Inventory - 3 steps)
5.Character Skill List : Press 'L' in keyboard (one step).(Right now, we need to press alt, and then move the mouse cursor to my character, choose Skill List - 3 steps)
6.Character Partners : Press 'P' in keyboard (one step).(Right now, we need to press alt, and then move the mouse cursor to my character, choose Partners - 3 steps)
7.Character Quests : Press 'Q' in keyboard (one step).(Right now, we need to press alt, and then move the mouse cursor to my character, choose Quests - 3 steps)
8.Bestiary : Press 'B' in keyboard (one step).(Right now, we need to press alt, and then move the mouse cursor to my character, choose Bestiary - 3 steps)
9.Community : Press 'M' in keyboard (one step).
These are sequence after press 'M' in keyboard
-> Form Party : press 'F'
-> Leave Party : press 'L'
-> Edit Party : press 'E'
-> Kick Party Member : press 'K'
10.Guild/Chat Group Windows : Press 'G' in keyboard (one step).
11.Friend Windows : Press 'F' in keyboard (one step).
12.Bazaar : Press 'B' in keyboard (one step).
13.System Settings : Press 'T' in keyboard
14.Presents for partners : Press 'R' in keyboard
15.Serial Code : Press 'N' in keyboard
16.Channel Select : Press (input yourself) in keyboard.
These are only a picture of the new system setting of UI. Please make it simple

========
2.Please ENLARGE the chat and buff icon, or at least give something DECENT EXPLANATION of each BUFFS, effects, and all the SKILLS, equips, etc.

3.Please revamp the targeting system, enable ground target anywhere, and make it that we can target at least 4 different targets (both attack/buffs/heals).

4.Please make sort and search system in equipment easier, and add the options to the smelting and crafting too. Add not only atk pow, grade and durability, skills, but also type (gold, red, blue, and common, also bad), and make it appear only the one we search.
The way things right now, when equipment has reached 20+ for each type, it's hard to find what we want, and we need to skim it thoroughly to make the correct decision. I had ever mistakenly enhance the wrong weapon because of this.
Make it appear only the item that is adapted to our criteria ( for example : based on name, atk more than 200, weapons that have only invigs skill, etc.)

5.Lastly, Please listen to us, the players and the community to make this game and the community better. The way things right now, it looks deserted enough, and I see the community is supporting itself, by some active and helpful members, such as Otonashi, SeekerFate, SupremeTentacle,Rufi,Deathy,Some Anime name characters and some active old members.

Yours Sincerely,

Lynneth
Last edited by Lynneth on 29 Jul 2014, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Re: Suggestion to make Onigiri Online better

Postby Lynneth » 29 Jul 2014, 07:25

Anyone who loves this game also openly can make this thread more lively by adding comments and suggestions ;).

The strange one, you can clear your screen user interface by 'pressing U' in keyboard.

Why not make it for other menus too? :o :shock: :? :mrgreen:

Thank you :lol:
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Hinagiku Katsura » 29 Jul 2014, 08:00

Meito the shortcut thing is under develop right now so you don't need to say this thing >o< try to look in official announcement section

I am Neko Princess.
Ign:Hinagiku Katsura
Lucky Box Collector
Hinagiku Katsura

Postby Lynneth » 29 Jul 2014, 08:30

Hinagiku Katsura wrote:Meito the shortcut thing is under develop right now so you don't need to say this thing >o< try to look in official announcement section

Thank you for your kind reply Hina-chan. But, I am not Meito. ;) . Anyway, hopefully, some random staffs read this and my message is delivered then ;)
Lynneth

Postby GasaiYuno » 29 Jul 2014, 12:22

well the shortcuts are kinda good idea, if they do add them i'll probably forget what each key does and continue with the mouse clicking.
Onigiri IGN: Junko9710
Cosmic Break IGN: GasaiYunoº
GasaiYuno

Postby Leafay » 29 Jul 2014, 12:30

Lynneth wrote:First of all, thank you to the Cyberstep for developing this fantastic games. I really love the Japanese feeling in this game, and the voice acting is also awesome. The character design is okay I guess.
Well, after playing for a few weeks now, I have some suggestions and inputs to make Onigiri Online better, especially the UI (User Interface), the Menu Shortcut, The Enhancement, Smelting, and Opening Menu.

Hi Lynneth!

Love your suggestions! I especially like #2! Tip notes would be so cool! Even more would be a "ghost mentor" who ever follows and recommends your best moves and choices from strategy to purchases like a Obi Wan at your side. Add to #3 the ability to re-color/re-size your target reticule.

I'd like to add mine and pardon if they sound too silly or obvious to mention! :D

If we were able to reassign keyboard keys, allow us to also use arrow keys for direction moves instead of W-A-S-D! This would be so more "natural" and help avoid hitting wrong keys!

Enable a way to "lock" birds-eye overhead angle views above your avatar during battles. I use the mouse to do this to make the perfect high view point to see what's going around my avatar in a wide area but lose it once the action starts and you have to move that mouse! Better, allow the option of using a lap's cursor pointer button (like Thinkpads have) for that! ;)

Key-press rotate-select which main characters you wish to speak or target, especially when they're almost hidden in crowded areas.

Allow one the option to set a "novice", "immediate", and "expert" mode that can help filter out panels and features and killer dungeon and monster levels from newbies to help them ease into the game by making them familiar with essential stuff than overwhelmed and intimidated by higher-skilled features and challenges.

Hope the Mods pass on your ideas! I've only been at this game a few weeks too (now lvl 10 & facing Tiamat next! Help!) and MMOs for four months myself and it rocks like a once hidden universe! Unlike many with superpowered machines I'm frugally playing this game on a lowly 7 year-old R60 Thinkpad with a 1024x768 screen which means I only play this slightly jerky game through a window, not a full screen! And it plays! Thanks for that Cyberstep!
Leafay

Postby Lynneth » 29 Jul 2014, 15:11

Leafay wrote:Hi Lynneth!

Love your suggestions! I especially like #2! Tip notes would be so cool! Even more would be a "ghost mentor" who ever follows and recommends your best moves and choices from strategy to purchases like a Obi Wan at your side. Add to #3 the ability to re-color/re-size your target reticule.

I'd like to add mine and pardon if they sound too silly or obvious to mention! :D

If we were able to reassign keyboard keys, allow us to also use arrow keys for direction moves instead of W-A-S-D! This would be so more "natural" and help avoid hitting wrong keys!

Enable a way to "lock" birds-eye overhead angle views above your avatar during battles. I use the mouse to do this to make the perfect high view point to see what's going around my avatar in a wide area but lose it once the action starts and you have to move that mouse! Better, allow the option of using a lap's cursor pointer button (like Thinkpads have) for that! ;)

Key-press rotate-select which main characters you wish to speak or target, especially when they're almost hidden in crowded areas.

Allow one the option to set a "novice", "immediate", and "expert" mode that can help filter out panels and features and killer dungeon and monster levels from newbies to help them ease into the game by making them familiar with essential stuff than overwhelmed and intimidated by higher-skilled features and challenges.

Hope the Mods pass on your ideas! I've only been at this game a few weeks too (now lvl 10 & facing Tiamat next! Help!) and MMOs for four months myself and it rocks like a once hidden universe! Unlike many with superpowered machines I'm frugally playing this game on a lowly 7 year-old R60 Thinkpad with a 1024x768 screen which means I only play this slightly jerky game through a window, not a full screen! And it plays! Thanks for that Cyberstep!

Hi Leafay,

Thanks for your helpful suggestion. I also agree about the camera placement, I hope the devs can give us freedom to 'lock' the camera angle so that the 'sometimes' awkward camera angle problem would be eliminated.
Lynneth

Postby Majestrix » 30 Jul 2014, 08:05

I would like to some suggestions.

1. Put a "No Bazaar" area near dungeons. *glares at Kyoto*

What I mean by that is, prevent anyone from setting their stalls within 50-100 feet from dungeon entrances. I(and a lot of people) are grinding Kyoto dungeons right now, and being one of the people unfortunate enough to play this game on a laptop, the loading times are murder, especially when there are a lot of stalls at the entrances and people waiting outside looking at them. Not helped by the fact that some even spam their skills all the time.

2. Increase the no. of Channels.

Too many players on 1 channel= long load times and lag.
Kyoto has only 2 channels, and both of them have insane loading times, due to the aforementioned problem in my first suggestion. More channels, less people on them = slightly lower load times.

3. Smaller Maps.

The large maps are cool and all, but it's much better to limit them to small sizes, to help with travel time and lessen the load on those players with less than optimal PC/laptops.

I only play this game a few hours at a time, because I find myself falling asleep waiting for the game to finish loading after I exit a dungeon. Also, walking to Yoshitsune to repair my weapons then heading back to the dungeon on the other side of the map is a real time waster, and I'd rather spend that time grinding.

That's it for now. Time to watch some youtube videos.
Playing this game at my own pace.
Majestrix

Postby Lynneth » 31 Jul 2014, 00:16

Majestrix wrote:I would like to some suggestions.

1. Put a "No Bazaar" area near dungeons. *glares at Kyoto*

What I mean by that is, prevent anyone from setting their stalls within 50-100 feet from dungeon entrances. I(and a lot of people) are grinding Kyoto dungeons right now, and being one of the people unfortunate enough to play this game on a laptop, the loading times are murder, especially when there are a lot of stalls at the entrances and people waiting outside looking at them. Not helped by the fact that some even spam their skills all the time.

2. Increase the no. of Channels.

Too many players on 1 channel= long load times and lag.
Kyoto has only 2 channels, and both of them have insane loading times, due to the aforementioned problem in my first suggestion. More channels, less people on them = slightly lower load times.

3. Smaller Maps.

The large maps are cool and all, but it's much better to limit them to small sizes, to help with travel time and lessen the load on those players with less than optimal PC/laptops.

I only play this game a few hours at a time, because I find myself falling asleep waiting for the game to finish loading after I exit a dungeon. Also, walking to Yoshitsune to repair my weapons then heading back to the dungeon on the other side of the map is a real time waster, and I'd rather spend that time grinding.

That's it for now. Time to watch some youtube videos.

Thanks for your suggestion too, Majestrix. Hope the staffs heard you! :D . No Bazaar Area near the dungeon entrance is also a good idea. Because it adds significantly the loading times. Even on high spec computer.

I like your suggestion of smaller maps to reduce the loading times for laptop. Even better, if we got a mount to make our walk/travel much faster.
Lynneth

Postby Leafay » 31 Jul 2014, 02:39

There are some simple quick things too that don't even need to bother the programming team or touch the game itself! For instance, the home page of this blog can allow you to address an image of current keyboard layouts or a full "inventory" listing of items and weapon types info or basic maps, basic stuff like that to keep info more or less in one place without flying off to Wikis and YouTube. If it's not already done, also a kind of "dungeon party" bulletin board for gamers to sign up and assemble for various quests on certain dates and times (and by level classes would be nice too) because I always see people milling around in front caves trying to form up parties and often failing. A Quest appointment board might help. :)
Leafay

Next

Return to Help & Support