LF>help

Looking for a static farming group? Need help clearing a story quest? Make plans with other players here!

Re: LF>help

Postby Jakiro » 21 Aug 2015, 00:14

gram wrote:pow is for attack speed and give a bosot to affinity that is nonexistant and as i said before mind is totally important for both rs and invig/med since more attack = faster speed or more sp gain

Sigh... I think you should read this, maybe knock some sense into your brain on what each stat does. http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/_/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7940

gram wrote: i blieve you need 75 for resu atleast but thats including the + points so idk how much is that and vit gives twice as much hp as pow so if you die alot having some vit might help soo what i recommend for a bow/ts user is that you get:

The reason why I put MND as 64 because of those extra stats you get from level scaling. Im pretty sure its not hard to get an extra 11 MND from level scaling is there. Hell, you actualy might need less, but meh. If you have resu on a normal Maximillian staff thats already good enough due to extra MND boost it provides.

Reason why I put Vit as ??? is because you will just get murdered regardless in later contents, and yes if you like flying rocks thrown at you with a radius bigger than a TSB, just expect to be murdered immediately. However, Im not going to stop you from getting Vitality, so its up to your decision on what to do with it.

gram wrote:Pow half vit
Vit leftovers
Wis almost 0 but if you need less then alot of points for a crit go for it
Mnd as much as possible
Dex max

Surely you jest. You only need the fit the required MND to execute your buffing skill. The rest of your buffing skill is based on your main attack stat, which can be boosting by +100 your staff, wearing magatamas that boost attack, or plainly raising up your Pow (because it raises attack >_>)

gram wrote:if you are ts/bow u dont need that high wis because from 0 to 80 wis u only get like 3 crit which isnt really that much but you do need 90 base wisdom to get the lighting element title so thats one reason why you would have 90 wisdom and mind

By the way affinity takes a higher priority in titles rather than your elements. Those can be simply achieved using Heavenly Shielded Ornaments on your magatamas. Oh I dunno if you knew yet, but a lot of monsters got lightning resist later game, so idk why would you get that title. If you need a good Twin Sword title, I would recommend the "Miyamoto Musashi" title. (Yes Miyamoto Musashi has her own title, and its for Twin Sword Users)
Back for now... Getting back up to speed with this Garg stuffs.
Also taking the liberty to spam knowledge into the forums.

Yosh!tsune [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ May come back one day...
___________ [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ Not telling you the username
Jakiro

Postby Jakiro » 21 Aug 2015, 03:32

gram wrote:
Jakiro wrote:
NOPE, MAX MIND FOR FASTER RS, IF YOU ARE THE ONE CASTING IT.

lol I hope thats sarcasm.

you can always go look up onigiri wiki staff ougi and read the description

You should reread that section then. It tells you the required amount needed for a guaranteed RS. Which is actually 40. If you want to boost RS, just smelt your staff all the way to +100. The higher attack the staff has, the faster you will go.

Please note that Onigiri US only has Rapid Storm V.

Jakiro

Postby gram » 21 Aug 2015, 09:28

Jakiro wrote:
gram wrote:
Jakiro wrote:

lol I hope thats sarcasm.

you can always go look up onigiri wiki staff ougi and read the description

You should reread that section then. It tells you the required amount needed for a guaranteed RS. Which is actually 40. If you want to boost RS, just smelt your staff all the way to +100. The higher attack the staff has, the faster you will go.

Please note that Onigiri US only has Rapid Storm V.

well smelting your staff to +100 doesnt give you max affinity, and here i quote one of YOUR posts, where u stated that "1. Affinity takes top priority over about all else just for the fact that you wont deal as much damage as you want it to when you don't have much affinity.(For example, 0 affinity sword vs a max affinity sword user will have a rather HUGE effect)". which means affinity IS important and more mind give more affinity anywhere u don't understand?
if you add 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,....... to idgaf, the answer you get is idgaf what 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5..... + idgaf.
ign - Gram, DUH
gram

Postby gram » 21 Aug 2015, 09:46

Jakiro wrote:
gram wrote:pow is for attack speed and give a bosot to affinity that is nonexistant and as i said before mind is totally important for both rs and invig/med since more attack = faster speed or more sp gain

Sigh... I think you should read this, maybe knock some sense into your brain on what each stat does. http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/_/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7940

gram wrote: i blieve you need 75 for resu atleast but thats including the + points so idk how much is that and vit gives twice as much hp as pow so if you die alot having some vit might help soo what i recommend for a bow/ts user is that you get:

The reason why I put MND as 64 because of those extra stats you get from level scaling. Im pretty sure its not hard to get an extra 11 MND from level scaling is there. Hell, you actualy might need less, but meh. If you have resu on a normal Maximillian staff thats already good enough due to extra MND boost it provides.

Reason why I put Vit as ??? is because you will just get murdered regardless in later contents, and yes if you like flying rocks thrown at you with a radius bigger than a TSB, just expect to be murdered immediately. However, Im not going to stop you from getting Vitality, so its up to your decision on what to do with it.

Vit leftovers
Mnd as much as possible
Dex max

Surely you jest. You only need the fit the required MND to execute your buffing skill. The rest of your buffing skill is based on your main attack stat, which can be boosting by +100 your staff, wearing magatamas that boost attack, or plainly raising up your Pow (because it raises attack >_>)

gram wrote:if you are ts/bow u dont need that high wis because from 0 to 80 wis u only get like 3 crit which isnt really that much but you do need 90 base wisdom to get the lighting element title so thats one reason why you would have 90 wisdom and mind

By the way affinity takes a higher priority in titles rather than your elements. Those can be simply achieved using Heavenly Shielded Ornaments on your magatamas. Oh I dunno if you knew yet, but a lot of monsters got lightning resist later game, so idk why would you get that title. If you need a good Twin Sword title, I would recommend the "Miyamoto Musashi" title. (Yes Miyamoto Musashi has her own title, and its for Twin Sword Users)

i think you are the one that should read the part about raising pow giving you more attack for STAFF, you do understand that STAFF is considered a magical weapon? and yes you die alot if you dont have some hp% and some elements as resistance But if you have both, NOT EVERYONE GET 1 HITTED, AND THERE IS A THING NAMED BLOCKING, AND ALSO DODGING.I have no idea how much affinity you think i have, but i already have MAXED AFFINITY WITHOUT THE TWINSWORD AFFINITY TITLE, so maybe if you would have looked closer, you could have seen that Heavenly shield ornament could give AFFINITY also, and not everyone need 60% affinity to give max affinity, also later in game monsters don't just have lighting resist as they also have resist on almost everything else and since most people can't get a weapon for every specific monster that have only 1 weakness, i'll recommend that focusing on 1 specific element is easier.
if you add 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,....... to idgaf, the answer you get is idgaf what 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5..... + idgaf.
ign - Gram, DUH
gram

Postby Jakiro » 21 Aug 2015, 11:28

gram wrote:i think you are the one that should read the part about raising pow giving you more attack for STAFF, you do understand that STAFF is considered a magical weapon? and yes you die alot if you dont have some hp% and some elements as resistance But if you have both, NOT EVERYONE GET 1 HITTED, AND THERE IS A THING NAMED BLOCKING, AND ALSO DODGING.I have no idea how much affinity you think i have, but i already have MAXED AFFINITY WITHOUT THE TWINSWORD AFFINITY TITLE, so maybe if you would have looked closer, you could have seen that Heavenly shield ornament could give AFFINITY also, and not everyone need 60% affinity to give max affinity, also later in game monsters don't just have lighting resist as they also have resist on almost everything else and since most people can't get a weapon for every specific monster that have only 1 weakness, i'll recommend that focusing on 1 specific element is easier.

1. Im not talking about affinity for weapons. Does it look like I'm talking about being an offensive staff user? Theres a reason why I stated that you only need to fit the required amount of MND to cast your skill.

2. Dunno if you can read, but I said you can achieve it using Heavenly Shield Ornaments.

3. I'm guessing you haven't seen Oushuu then. You perfect guard many times or roll if you want to survive that place. Dodging will let you survive if you can calculate it correctly, but there are sometimes where you will die without exceptions.

4. Since I'm assuming you don't know anything from Satan and the storyline further, I'm not going to tell you how many monsters are lightning resistant. Secondly I recommend having different skills on your weapons, seeing that theres different resistances on each individual monster.
Last edited by Jakiro on 21 Aug 2015, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

Jakiro

Postby Jakiro » 21 Aug 2015, 11:37

gram wrote:well smelting your staff to +100 doesnt give you max affinity, and here i quote one of YOUR posts, where u stated that "1. Affinity takes top priority over about all else just for the fact that you wont deal as much damage as you want it to when you don't have much affinity.(For example, 0 affinity sword vs a max affinity sword user will have a rather HUGE effect)". which means affinity IS important and more mind give more affinity anywhere u don't understand?

Should read the topic name for that post. Totally isn't read as "[SWORDS] The Know-It Guide For Dummies". You need to read more carefully before entering a thread. If you are a staff user, it is essential to max your MND, and achieve max affinity, but since my thread clearly says Sword, I stated that affinity was for that specific weapon type. You wouldn't want to max your affinity on a weapon class that you wouldn't be carrying with.

Since Tuna is a DEX user, he needs to focus on DEX related weapon types, which means he/she has to focus max affinity on Twin Swords.

Smelting your staff to +100 doesn't give affinity, but it gives you more attack for your attack stat, which boosts your buff by a little bit, unless you have Maximillian STAR/CROSS or Bloodsucker. Burai magatamas also work in increasing your attack stat as well actually, boosting your attack stats by a niggatons.
Last edited by Jakiro on 21 Aug 2015, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

Jakiro

Postby gram » 21 Aug 2015, 12:30

Jakiro wrote:4. Since I'm assuming you don't know anything from Satan and the storyline further, I'm not going to tell you how many monsters are lightning resistant. Secondly I recommend having different skills on your weapons, seeing that theres different resistances on each individual monster.

i carried your assssssssss
ign - Gram, DUH
gram

Postby Jakiro » 21 Aug 2015, 12:34

gram wrote:
Jakiro wrote:4. Since I'm assuming you don't know anything from Satan and the storyline further, I'm not going to tell you how many monsters are lightning resistant. Secondly I recommend having different skills on your weapons, seeing that theres different resistances on each individual monster.

i carried your assssssssss

lololololo

Anyways since I read your replies wrong, I sorrry >_<

Jakiro

Postby Penes » 21 Aug 2015, 13:17

Jakiro wrote:

Vit leftovers
Mnd as much as possible
Dex max

Biased opinion as a main support character, Mnd is THE most important stat in the game cause no one can survive without the use of RS and Invig/Medi. It's the one stat that enables you to use higher rank support skills (something that everyone must have), and also give you sp and sp regeneration (which is more reliable than asking 50+ sp cause your sp sucks). Second stat is obviously your main weapon stat for affinity (or base damage), so that you get a higher damage after all the multipliers. Then third is going for Wis for sp reduction on magic skills (I did overkill on having 100 Wis, but you should at least have some so that your sp is not 20% less just from casting one RS). Pow and Vit are pretty useless if you don't use those 2 stats for your weapon, as the only thing Pow provide is hp (not a lot) and attack speed (which is nice to have but overkilling it is pointless), and Vit literally does nothing late game as the hp and defenses you get from it can barely tank 1 hit without blocking or dodge, and while blocking reduces the damage enough to the point of having no Vit or Pow investment (my build) can tank several hits anyway. Also, the extra affinity that Pow gives to non-magical weapon is like 50 for every 10 points, to the maximum of about 500 at 100 Pow, which is absolutely negligible.

Another thing is that affinity is important early game because your sf is low and have almost no access to elements, and affinity is your best bet to increase your damage. But near end game, affinity is the last thing you should worry about. How damage work is from affinity, it's additive, whereas sf and affinity is multiplicative. The 500 extra affinity you get from maxing your Pow is literally 500 more damage, where as a mag like Amara will increase your TB VI by 50% straight up, or the +30 Lightning title will boost any TB by a free 30x0.7(TB is 70% Lightning and 30% Slice)=21%. Which one do you think will do more damage?

Not convinced? As I said, I'm mainly a support and don't focus too much on carry (I'm bow btw), but my average carry time at Pipe 3 is 9-10min with a good support, which is faster than 90% of the people in the game. Still not convinced cause bow have it easier in Pipe 3? I carry Pipe 3 WITHOUT a support, meaning I support myself with my 56 RS and 36 Medi, and do average of 12-13 min, which is still faster than 70-80% of the people, and I don't think that's because bow is the best weapon to carry in Pipe 3 (in fact TB spam on boss is way easier than Amaya spam). And I only have 3.5k affinity, which I will admit is pretty low, but to all honesty 4k affinity should be more than enough.

Just a simple reasoning, back in elementary school, we learn 10+10=20 and 10x10=100, and 100 is a lot larger than 20, so multiplication wins.
へ べ
の の
 も
 へ
Penes

Postby Jakiro » 21 Aug 2015, 15:41

Yosh1tsune <--- Can carry with 4x Burais and still finish in 10-12 minutes hurray.

Anyway, Ill probably just keep quiet and let you people customize your stats however you like. Good luck being hybrids >_>

Jakiro

PreviousNext

Return to Grouping/Recruitment