Looking for a group to play together!

Looking for a static farming group? Need help clearing a story quest? Make plans with other players here!

Looking for a group to play together!

Postby ShadowDemon » 05 Nov 2015, 15:39

(am playing it on xbox one)

just started playing like a week ago, and i like the game and wanted to start over. and since i've never used mages in an MMO b4, i am a mage/healer that is fresh out of the tutorial and want a group to play with. preferably new characters (cause if a high lvl joined the group, it would make it WAY too easy).

im going to be on all day and all tomorrow after about 11:30 am EST

new players ARE welcome. i have gotten decently far, so i can help explain mechanics to you.

Send a message to me GT: CrazyCaboose009
ShadowDemon

Re: Looking for a group to play together!

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 05 Nov 2015, 18:40

I play on PC so... won't be me. Also:

ShadowDemon wrote:i am a mage/healer

Does that mean you use both Wand and Staff? You might want to drop one of those (Staff might be an idea). I used to play as a Wand/Staff user myself, but couldn't get him past Izumo (DPS was pathetic, attack speed was laughable, died way too easily). Even if you focus all of your stat points solely on MND and WIS, you'll find Kyoto pretty grueling, unless you play in a party for the whole game. That's certainly a strategy though I guess, but soloing with that build... it's not going to be a walk in the park. Even with the right mags, since neither weapon allows for guarding you'll be spending most of the time rolling around. Especially from Echigo onwards. At that stage, if you can't dodge the attacks you're liable to get one-shot to death, mainly thanks to lag (which I hear is far worse on console than on PC).

Just a heads up. Take it or leave it.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Jakiro » 05 Nov 2015, 20:58

Yeah need some elaboration on Mage.

Granted you can be a WIS based char while holding a staff, meaning you can focus being a Wand user and supporting using a staff (Note: Healing wont be as useful later game due to certain circumstances regarding Health)

Best advice is focus specialization over 1 role. Max out WIS, add a minimum amount of MND (At least 40 RS, 70 for Resurrection Skill), Add DEX for That extra crit. Feel free to look at the guide and see what later game build you want to build.

Me = 20 ping to Onigiri, still hating server-side lag.
Back for now... Getting back up to speed with this Garg stuffs.
Also taking the liberty to spam knowledge into the forums.

Yosh!tsune [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ May come back one day...
___________ [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ Not telling you the username
Jakiro

Postby Firon » 05 Nov 2015, 22:08

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:DPS was pathetic

A bit more elaboration on wand damage

Wand has one of the lowest attacks and doesn't get pow affinity bonuses (unlike physical weapons) so requires a lot of enhancing and extra affinity to deal decent damage. It also tends to have lower skill force magatama (for most magatama). The advantage of wands is 100% elemental scaling so I would think that it would be fine, if not one of the strongest classes, with good elemental ornaments.

Just realised that this is off topic..

I'm on PC too, so can't join either.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Jakiro » 06 Nov 2015, 08:58

Good point.
Back for now... Getting back up to speed with this Garg stuffs.
Also taking the liberty to spam knowledge into the forums.

Yosh!tsune [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ May come back one day...
___________ [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ Not telling you the username
Jakiro

Return to Grouping/Recruitment