RE: Feedback and Suggestions

Official announcements from the Onigiri Service Team will be posted here.

Re: RE: Feedback and Suggestions

Postby Raijin » 14 Jul 2014, 12:48

~"This game was rushed" stated above.
I'm gonna have to disagree with this, the game doesn't seem rushed to me. The graphics, story-line, character-designs, and character-voice overs are perfect, it shows they put a lot of time and effort in the game. To me it seems their main goal of the game was a "Campaign-based" where you can team up with friends to beat the game. I got this feeling when I noticed there wasn't any Guilds or PvP. However, players like to have a choice between PvE and PvP.
Though when you enter Kyoto, I noticed 2 text errors when Miroku and Susanoo are talking to one another.

I do agree that the game needs Guilds, Trade-system, and more Costume options for male players however.
(Group Chat rooms has become temporary guilds).
I disagree that we should be allowed to trade Ryou once again though("We should trade in-game money instead of real money").
In-game money suggests Ryou.

The Trade system I had in mind was trading items, not trading Ryou, there's a list of reasons why.

1. Players would create a new character to transfer Ryou to their main characters.(Pointless, there's 2 dungeons that can earn you 20k in 3mins). - Minor Issue

2. "Botters" would farm items attempting to sell and make Ryou.(Makes it difficult for new players to quest in the fields). -Major Issue

3.(This falls under #2 as well) When "Botters" obtain enough Ryou they will spam chat, whispers, mail and or any other form of contact to get players to spend real life money to buy Ryou from them. -Massive Major Issue

If anyone is doing this, I suggest doing an IP Ban, permanent ban. Sorry, but I reject the idea of having "Bots" flood the game.

If Trade system is added, it should involve 2 players, meaning "Both parties" must be present to agree or disagree the trade, you cannot send to the other.

Also check (Page 5) for my other suggestions.
Check (Page 6) for Feedback.
Last edited by Raijin on 15 Jul 2014, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
"You who would desecrate this land of the rising sun,
lay waste with the sekki and expel thy vast defilement!"
Raijin

Postby montiblanc » 15 Jul 2014, 00:13

amazing graphics lol wut
montiblanc

Postby NinjaMH » 15 Jul 2014, 04:06

- Prevent bazaars from being placed near NPCs and Dungeon entrances

- An option to make bazaars invisible

- Allow players to log out but the bazaars stays open, not sure how this one is coded but should reduce server strain due to way less people AFKing just for their bazaars
NinjaMH

Postby Fuusuke » 15 Jul 2014, 05:36

The disconnections after the recent maintenance is horrible btw.
Aww snap Theodork.

Fuusuke / Lv. 28 [EnCBT]
Fuusuke / Lv. 5x | Akinari / Lv. 1x | Satoka / Lv. 1x [EnOfficial]
Fuusuke

Postby Prov » 15 Jul 2014, 06:20

After playing casually for 2 weeks, I've come to a few conclusions.

First off is EXP rates.
The EXP rate is pretty brutal for any casual player. I spend maybe 2-3 hours a night playing after work and I'm only lv 26. It feels like this game is more for hardcore grinders only. Especially with all the posts and chat I've seen saying that the EXP rate is half what JP version is. I shouldn't have to grind for hours and hours at a time to gain a level. It really kills the game experience.

While on the topic of EXP
My wife plays a mage/healer character. when she takes the time to heal she misses out on EXP pretty hard. Why penalize such a valuable role so heavily?

Economy/Trade
There's no *real* economy. I kind of like how using real money for trade will keep the economy from inflating, BUT! Forcing players to use real money to conduct trade for virtual items between each other is a kind of half baked. At the very least, it should not be the primary trade system. I can see a black market auction house like in Diablo 3, sure, especially for rare weapons with good skills, and high reinforcement. If I run a dungeon with my wife and get a good healing staff, well, it's about useless for me. Why can't I give it to her? I'd happily give away some of my crap equips or sell it for Ryou to people just starting out. I wish we could sell for Ryou to other players, or at the very least trade. It'd create an inflation problem, but it seems like every game economy has that.

If that's not in the works, at least take the tax off selling to other players. I really hate spending real money, and using it for trade, especially when 30% of my sale price disappears off into nowhere, where it serves no purpose, other than to prove it was wasted.

Couple system
A couple system would be nice. Something like 10% bonus EXP and Ryou while doing dungeon with your couple. Perhaps make it a cash item to start.

Guild system
Without a real guild system, this MMO feels less like an MMO and more like a SP campaign game, with multiplayer elements grafted on with little forethought into what players want (Especially in NA)

PvP
Honestly, I don't even care that there's no PvP system. However there's a lot of people who do. PvP can be problematic. Especially if the PvP system is implemented and there's no way to opt out. PvP can really kill a game experience for non PvP players. So when that gets implemented, please let us turn PvP on or off. Or set specific areas for it. I really dont want to have to deal with some bowman ambushing me and kicking my sh*t in, while I'm walking around a field, trying to gather mats for some quest.

Final thoughts
This game is pretty good. I think the graphics are passable. They could use more resolutions, and the models need the option to apply better multisampling to smooth the edges. The gameplay mechanics are *fairly* sound. A lot of things feel like this was a SP campaign game, with MP elements grafted on, with little to no forethought on what players want. Such as the lack of guild, trading, or PvP. The VOs are good, and the questing works. I feel like this game has a lot of potential to become great, but it really needs some polish before it gets there.

for the tl;dr

Fix EXP rates
Fix healer EXP
Add trading
Remove tax on player selling transactions
Couple system
Add Guilds
Add PvP w/ option to opt out, since not everyone wants to get ambushed in quest areas and have to fight for their life, while PvEing.
Prov

Postby Lightning Alek » 15 Jul 2014, 06:31

oh and if u can give us 1 full free great looking costume that would be great
Lightning Alek

Postby invitation » 15 Jul 2014, 07:01

Frequent error "00101" when entering portal/ leaving dungeon after 15 Jul 2014 maintenance.
invitation

Postby McLovin » 15 Jul 2014, 07:55

Gotta agree with prov here, this game REALLY needs a trading system. I was surprised when I found out there was no way to just trade/give items to other players, it's such a basic feature of an MMO. It should be as easy as clicking on a character then clicking trade.
McLovin

Postby misterbean » 15 Jul 2014, 11:27

Suggestions:
- Since the costumes were brought up, is it possible to release the partner costumes for players? I want dat Miroku's kitsune mask!!
- This is for OC purchase and for the people who like to use their partners. (battle and aesthetic reasons or just getting lonely running around seki alone). If possible, we could (hopefully not random) purchase alternate costumes for the partners. Whether a simple alternate colored partner to a lore friendly full costume change to a non lore friendly costume change. Ex. A pretty feminine costume for Yoshitsune that Shizuka and Benkei forced on her, Momotaro on a more "Momotaro"-ish costume, Douji in a decent costume, or Amaterasu's "dynamite" original body. Then you could make costumes for gender or group specific costumes. Super Sentais, Halloween, Christmas, School Uniform, Tux and Wed Dress (yes, if you want a waifu), any costume you can think of. (I remembered the dlc costumes of dynasty warriors)
misterbean

Postby Rufei » 15 Jul 2014, 11:32

You can obtain their weapons from special sources such as Miroku's bargain bin. I ended up getting Susanoo's tachi as a result.
Rufei: Lv 7x (VIT/POW Spear/Axe)
Rufei

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements