Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Post helpful information for other players here.

Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Postby SupremeTentacle » 06 Jul 2014, 03:16

Good day,

I'm getting a large number of individuals whispering me in game about grind locations, so I've decided to make a thread about it as it would be more accessible information, and allow me to suffer less pm spam. Anyways, here's a quick thread outlining a few key details and locations for various purposes.

In general, the provided level ranges are not exact, feel free to go wherever you please. This list acts more of a guide as to the possible grind locations.

Other general notes
- Mobs in edo experience a large jump in both difficulty and experience
- Magatama drop rates are low
- Ryou grind spots assume the use of kanmon magatama

Feel free to move forwards more quickly if you are confident.

Things to (conditionally) avoid
Ankan Forest - This is a noobtrap. While you do get fast exp, you miss out on a tonne of weapons that you could normally obtain elsewise. The reason that I tell people to farm gedoumaru for such an extensive amount of time is so that they could be ready, with level 30+ weapons for when they need to farm Yakumo. Farming ankan instead of gedoumaru will result in your character being especially weak, and unable to start Yakumo as fast as they otherwise could. The only time to start this dungeon is when you have two +50 weapons from gedoumaru that have good skills.

Hermit Crab Grotto- Also nubtrap. Lots of people from this server have habitually grinded there for exp, when that's honestly not what its for. Its horribly slow compared to estate. It offers itself as an alternative to Yakumo when grinding for ryou, and even then, its inferior unless you have 4 people who can one shot anything in the dungeon due to repair costs and travel time.

Following this will allow you to progress smoothly through the levels for the most part, as you will be getting weapons along with exp, but you don't have to follow it exactly.

The core strategy behind this is fairly straight forward, but if you have any questions, feel free to post below, and I will get right to your questions.
Last edited by SupremeTentacle on 18 Jun 2015, 12:16, edited 13 times in total.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Re: How to grind - Ideal spots, and why

Postby Bell-sama » 06 Jul 2014, 04:01

Liked faved subbed and thanks for the info!
Last edited by Bell-sama on 06 Jul 2014, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.
Bow/Twin level 60 Naoe Yamato inactive
Spears/Staff level 80 BELL-sama inactive
S4 League hiatus till Edo update...
Bell-sama

Postby Angelical » 06 Jul 2014, 04:12

As this is helpful you don't point out if we should party or solo...
Angelical

Postby Blanc » 06 Jul 2014, 04:44

Angelical wrote:As this is helpful you don't point out if we should party or solo...

Well, the title of this is
Ideal spots, and why
and not "should I solo or not", so I think this guide is plenty helpful.
Dummy's Guide to a Spear here.
Dummy's Guide to smelting and not running out of money while getting high ranked skills on your weapon here.
Blanc

Postby Angelical » 06 Jul 2014, 05:00

You're missing the point...

I want to know what did he/she did or prefer.

I can give you a list of things but without any context you wont get it, so don't be a jerk.
Angelical

Postby Blanc » 06 Jul 2014, 05:14

Angelical wrote:You're missing the point...

I want to know what did he/she did or prefer.

I can give you a list of things but without any context you wont get it, so don't be a jerk.

Don't call out people for being a jerk if your original statement can only be seen as such.
And the answer is more or less obvious if you even stop to think about it.
Dummy's Guide to smelting and not running out of money while getting high ranked skills on your weapon here.
Blanc

Postby Angelical » 06 Jul 2014, 05:49

Not really if you consider the person who made this guide is a tank/spear user which means he/she can effectively solo...
Angelical

Postby Blanc » 06 Jul 2014, 06:08

Angelical wrote:Not really if you consider the person who made this guide is a tank/spear user which means he/she can effectively solo...

In a party, you have more monsters and more people to kill the monsters. This increases the exp, gold, items acquired, and speed of the run.

If you're telling me that at any point of time solo can be better than in a party it would only be because everyone else in the party is utter trash and can only drag you down. Even then, if you are well equipped, you will just have more mobs to kill and no one can ks you.

And don't give me that bullshit that a tank/spear user can "effectively solo". Spears need the right skills to even consider dealing decent damage. Other weapons deal decent damage and require the right skills for the area of effect. Have you not seen a Dual Blader or Odachi user going around one shotting huge mobs of monsters before?
Blanc

Postby Otonashi » 06 Jul 2014, 06:32

Pretty sure it doesn't matter as long as you aren't doing worse in a party. Of course based off
SupremeTentacle wrote:The method is simple
1. Mob entire room
2. Spam AOE spells
3. Mana pot
4. Move onto next room

I'm assuming solo. And Yakumo Hard / Hell are hard to do if you can't instantly kill the Chief Daruma, so probably avoid those in a large party unless you have like perfect coordination and all that.

Also spears are ridiculous at soloing. Sure the video in the first post is out of context but still.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Zetsumei418 » 06 Jul 2014, 07:52

Could you give us screenshots of your status and equips in that video? Plus mouse overs of your weapons / matagama / accessories?

Very nice job on the guide and video as well, really helpful.
IGN: Zetsumei
Zetsumei418

Next

Return to Guides & Strategy