[Guide] Skills

Post helpful information for other players here.

[Guide] Skills

Postby SeekerFate » 08 Jul 2014, 14:37

[Note]: This guide is an impromptu guide on skills for people to have a basic understanding of how to utilize the system and for more accurate information/less joking you should refer to more experienced players with a deeper understanding and have extensively tested the features of the game to obtain accurate information for better explanation.

So skills, we all know and love them, especially in this game, because it's our primary source of anything because auto-attacks.......... >.>
For those of you that have stuck to auto attacks... -gets off my pedestal to go comfort the one person in the audience who has broken into tears atm-
Anyhow.... Where was I? Oh right, skills.

The 3 things at the bottom of the screen.
We all know (thanks to the wonderful tutorial) that we use the 1,2,3 (or if you've somehow managed to change the keybindings, use a controller etc) to select the skills and then rightclick (w/e exceptions) to use them.
Basics. Not that you need them, but I thought I'd put this information here because why not.

Moving on, skill leveling. Skills level as you use them in combat, or in buffing cases just use them on a person in general. (can be in town or not)
Level limits are determined by the skills rank. (I'll go a bit more into this a bit later)
From what I've seen rank I has a skill lvl 10 limit, rank II lvl 20, etc.
Skill levels are important because they increase the force of a skill and allow you to either evolve or extract a certain skill.
Using the skill on any weapon will level the skill as a whole (different ranking skills even if of the same skill family will level independently of one another) and not individually for each weapon. The skill as a whole will then apply to each weapon with that particular skill and rank.

Once a skill has hit a certain level, be it max level for evolution or x level for extraction you can do either of these two previously mentioned.
Starting off evolution.
The bane of confusion with Momo. Skill evolution is a rng (bwahahahah the troll gods hate us) possibility which appears on weapons.
To know if the weapon you've obtained has met that rng chance go to momotarou's skill evo and look at your weapon's skills to see if they have a border.
Luckily, this particular weapon has both a double and triple border for me to explain.

The double border indicates that that particular skill can evolve once. (edit: nvm only skill extraction will level down a skill) -What does this mean? You can evolve the same skill on different weapons as long as requirements are met-
The triple border is similar but instead of being capable of evolving once, it can evolve twice but still follows similar rules to the double border.
Skill level needs to be maxed for the multi-border to take effect and allow the skill to "evolve" to the next rank.
Raising Momo's partner level will bump the evolution limit and allow you to do higher level evolutions such as rank 2->3 and 3->4, etc.
Best part is? This is one of the few features that doesn't cost any ryou! -looks at the poor drained wallet of mine and looks at all the people I know who've dumped millions of ryou into them weapons- (warning:timetolevelskillsnotincludedthankyoufortakingyourtimeandwehopetoseeyouagain)

Ok, next one. Skill extraction.

As you can see, extraction water dragon spear III will drop my skill level from 30 (max) to 11 taking a total of 21 skill levels for this rank 3 skill. (note: it doesn' necessarily take max level unlike skill evolution to extract a skill)
It also costs 200k ryou -looks back down at wallet and cries some- but the price will range depending on the rank of the skill you are trying to extract.
Extracting a skill will turn that skill into a skill card which can then be put on another weapon which can utilize that particular skill. (note: same rules still apply as would a skill card you get from the lucky box *I think anyways*)
Same with evolution, adding more friendship with Momo will unlock higher level extractions for you to do (not to mention adding an extra penny along the way $.$)

Anyhow, that should give you people a general idea as to how skills work and I'll put a rundown of my points right below this comment. Thanks for reading this incomprehensible mass of text.

TL;DR
-Level skills
-skill level applies to all weapons and are independent with skill rank
-evolution requires double border skills and max skill level to do (limited by weapon)
-extraction requires x skill level and y ryou to do (limited by skill level and however much money you have on you atm)

(I may add some more stuff based on feedback and other advice you guys give to me. Thanks in advanced.) -SeekerFate
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
Entire character nupped lvl 34 EnAlpha
Blind at Sekigahara 'cept fer sky in JpCBT ~lvl 32ish?
En: SeekerFate - lvl 89 SeekerDissonance - lvl 61 -> 81
Can't believe I'm back, for now.
SeekerFate

Re: [Guide] Skills

Postby misterbean » 10 Jul 2014, 13:53

Just a question. When does Momo's chosen skills for evo restarts? 24hrs? I just want to evolve some of weak skills for free before I evolve them with yoshitsune.
misterbean

Postby SeekerFate » 10 Jul 2014, 15:23

Skills that are eligible for evolution are determined randomly based on each weapon you get. There's no "reset" per say since once you hit max level for a skill rank you can evolve skills on specific weapons that have the double border. The skill as a whole doesn't evolve and will stay static unless you extract in which case it loses some levels to turn the skill of that rank into a card.

I think you have a misunderstanding as to how the evolution system works so if you need to ask more questions I can probably eventually explain it in a way that'll allow you to understand their confusing system.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
SeekerFate

Postby misterbean » 10 Jul 2014, 19:31

So once a weapon that doesn't have double borders on their skills, skill evolution will never be available for that weapon.
misterbean

Postby SeekerFate » 10 Jul 2014, 20:29

Yeah, that's about right. If there are no skills capable of evolution there's little chance that it will ever be available.

However for some skills that have been evolved, there's a chance that once you can upgrade momo's evolution limit a new border/extra border may appear across the skill allowing you to evolve it on that weapon once more.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
SeekerFate

Postby Shinra Maltesse » 12 Jul 2014, 23:17

i still dont get the idea of momotarou's skill evolution.
so basically, we should know wether our weapon has double border or not..
if yes, we have to max the skill..
there you go evolving the skill..
am i wrong?
and how/what exacly evolving skill will be useful? i mean, is it increasing skill rank or dmg or what?
since the skills i worked up to the max doesnt have 2 border i've never evolving any skill yet :|
ゲームの 世界 だけど "Even though we were in the game world..."
私達が 過ごした 時間は "...the time we spent..."
現実何だ "...was real."
私達が 出会ったことも "Our met as well."
Shinra Maltesse

Postby SeekerFate » 12 Jul 2014, 23:55

Yeah... The only way of checking for the double border is in the evolution screen so it's kinda annoying but nothing a bit of manually scrolling through won't give information for.

Evolving the skill raises the base skill force and leveling the evolved skill(unless you've already leveled it will give it an overall higher skill force. (usually)
Evolving the skill will also sometimes give the skill new bonuses depending on skill rank. Examples are Water dragon spear which gains 2 spears at rank 4-5 and 3 spears at rank 6+ or sword of avidya/poison rapid shot which gain an extra element/attack depending on their skill rank. (They usually are in their element variant at even ranks of the skill/rapid shot gains 3 shots at rapid fire 3 and 4 shots at rapid fire 5)
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
SeekerFate

Postby Shinra Maltesse » 13 Jul 2014, 10:13

I see...
If i own a weapon with no double bordered skill, then i smelt it with skill change option, is there any chance i'll get evolvable skill?
ゲームの 世界 だけど "Even though we were in the game world..."
私達が 過ごした 時間は "...the time we spent..."
現実何だ "...was real."
私達が 出会ったことも "Our met as well."
Shinra Maltesse

Postby SeekerFate » 13 Jul 2014, 10:21

I don't know, I doubt it, but theoretically it's possible I suppose. It isn't really worth losing a useful skill though so keep that in mind if you do decide to try.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
SeekerFate

Postby Aphex Twin » 13 Jul 2014, 11:52

When does extraction become available? I need to prepare my Ryo bag.
Aphex Twin

Next

Return to Guides & Strategy