[Bow] Siennan's DPS Guide

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Bow] Siennan's DPS Guide

Postby Otonashi » 11 Jul 2014, 08:23

Naku wrote:always wonder how aggro/hate works especially for bow int his game..=w=

fun(maybe not so) fact(probably):
-you can shoot from from behind the wall, below them, or from the stairs,this make them (at least the one can't do homing/teleport/wide range attack attack) stuck running at wall/edge,below you.(watch out for things like mukade whom able to dig below and potentially stuck at wall)
-when you shoot sometime you can see that the hp is regen when hit mulitple times (basic combo/or multiple person attack the same monster,not really noticeable /happenning at boss) this probably because of lag ro whatever so the first damage is not really registered when the second one hit)
-any rapid shot,charge shot,venom shot follow the lockon (red one or blue one) as long in range,while lightning shoot need you to aim manually (haven't test all of skill,only for those who don't know),the range for most is 12-14 (roughly the same as basic combo),21 for charge shot,you can see whether the enemy is in range or not by seeing the red lockon if more detailed then it's in range if not it's not (trust me i have see some people haven't know this)

i don't know whether this is appropriate to post this here or not,if not i shall take it away with the wind *smacked

Nah those are good tips, but I won't put them in the first post since I didn't write a guide on how to use a bow but rather how to do a lot of damage at any point in time. Also I found the 20% skill force (ok I found 11%) on those 4 lines you were talking about the other day. That's so OP
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby thesupakorn » 12 Jul 2014, 00:54

I'm Cautious type and have been playing bow with pure dex.
since i've read the wiki on this page. about priority stats bonus so i decided to choose Cautious over Daring cuz i prefer 1 lesser dex from bonus to have more wis and mnd rather than pow with give only a little damage
and now i'm at lv 33 and just read your guide and i noticed something about Affinity cap which from i've known it's 3000 but Daring type would increase it to 4000

what i want to ask is about this

Does just Pow bonus from daring give this much Affinity cap? (3000 to 4000)
Should i reset to Daring or can i just adding some Pow instead of Mnd which you need it in Daring type ? :(
thesupakorn

Postby Otonashi » 12 Jul 2014, 01:05

thesupakorn wrote:I'm Cautious type and have been playing bow with pure dex.
since i've read the wiki on this page. about priority stats bonus so i decided to choose Cautious over Daring cuz i prefer 1 lesser dex from bonus to have more wis and mnd rather than pow with give only a little damage
and now i'm at lv 33 and just read your guide and i noticed something about Affinity cap which from i've known it's 3000 but Daring type would increase it to 4000

what i want to ask is about this

Does just Pow bonus from daring give this much Affinity cap? (3000 to 4000)
Should i reset to Daring or can i just adding some Pow instead of Mnd which you need it in Daring type ? :(

Daring does not change the Affinity cap, it just provides more Affinity. The affinity cap at level 110 is increased to 4000 for all characters, hence why Daring can be better than Cautious as you would require less or no Affinity% at that level, meaning you can use Magatama or Titles than provide other stats. 100 Pow provides 405 bonus base Affinity. This is the only difference you should be concerned with, the difference in ease of acheiving 100 Pow if you think it is better than other sources of Affinity.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby thesupakorn » 12 Jul 2014, 01:17

Otonashi wrote:Daring does not change the Affinity cap, it just provides more Affinity. The affinity cap at level 110 is increased to 4000 for all characters, hence why Daring can be better than Cautious as you would require less or no Affinity% at that level, meaning you can use Magatama or Titles than provide other stats. 100 Pow provides 405 bonus base Affinity. This is the only difference you should be concerned with, the difference in ease of acheiving 100 Pow if you think it is better than other sources of Affinity.

Thanks
well i think i have to reset it then :(
but maybe i should wait until at the level that bonus seem to affect my stat that much
thesupakorn

Postby Otonashi » 12 Jul 2014, 01:56

thesupakorn wrote:
Otonashi wrote:Daring does not change the Affinity cap, it just provides more Affinity. The affinity cap at level 110 is increased to 4000 for all characters, hence why Daring can be better than Cautious as you would require less or no Affinity% at that level, meaning you can use Magatama or Titles than provide other stats. 100 Pow provides 405 bonus base Affinity. This is the only difference you should be concerned with, the difference in ease of acheiving 100 Pow if you think it is better than other sources of Affinity.

Thanks
well i think i have to reset it then :(
but maybe i should wait until at the level that bonus seem to affect my stat that much

405 isn't much at all. Assuming that your dex alone gives you 3000 Affinity, 13% Affinity or 10 Dex would give you as much as that. You shouldn't have to think about resetting at all really.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby klayf » 12 Jul 2014, 03:28

So what you're saying is that the only real benefit of choosing Daring over Cautios is if you want to have POW as your secondary stat? In other words, it's just the ease of getting 100 POW to hit 4k Affinity with no extra %Affinity rather than being able to get to that just with the natural level bonuses? (Which the latter is what I was assuming at first)

I think I might be missinterpreting something, in which case if it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate if you could go a bit more in detail about the differences between Daring and Cautios at level 110.

And on a sidenote... Does the 100 stat points cap mean just that you can't add more than 100 base points or that even counting your bonuses having more than 100 equates to the same as 100?
And finally, once you hit the Affinity cap if you keep adding DEX do you still gain more damage per point or would you be doing that just for the crits?
IGN: Tsukuyomiko
klayf

Postby Otonashi » 12 Jul 2014, 04:26

klayf wrote:So what you're saying is that the only real benefit of choosing Daring over Cautios is if you want to have POW as your secondary stat? In other words, it's just the ease of getting 100 POW to hit 4k Affinity with no extra %Affinity rather than being able to get to that just with the natural level bonuses? (Which the latter is what I was assuming at first)

I think I might be missinterpreting something, in which case if it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate if you could go a bit more in detail about the differences between Daring and Cautios at level 110.

And on a sidenote... Does the 100 stat points cap mean just that you can't add more than 100 base points or that even counting your bonuses having more than 100 equates to the same as 100?
And finally, once you hit the Affinity cap if you keep adding DEX do you still gain more damage per point or would you be doing that just for the crits?

Pretty much, you would go Daring to hit 100 Pow through the bonuses whereas Cautious gives you more SP. I actually can't say there are other differences, unless you want to count the ability to use certain Magatama (like those that require Wis and give you Pierce) or want to use Wands secondarily for better AoE.

The 100 Cap means you can't add past 100 Base. There isn't any limit to the additional stats you gain through type bonuses and other stat boosts. It's quite hard to hit the affinity cap through Dex alone, but if you do you don't gain more damage per point, it would be purely for the crits and to a lesser extent CD reduction (which I should probably add to the first post but... I need to do some research on it first)
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby thesupakorn » 12 Jul 2014, 07:49

Otonashi wrote:405 isn't much at all. Assuming that your dex alone gives you 3000 Affinity, 13% Affinity or 10 Dex would give you as much as that. You shouldn't have to think about resetting at all really.

well for not i think 405 or 13% is a lot for me lol
so if you were me would you reset it ? QQ

but i think i will wait till i can see the different also in SP which worth or not
or in the future maybe i will get some Magatama that require Wis
it's still the very long way to go so i will come ask again when the time come

really appreciate the information cuz there are nothing in google -.-
thesupakorn

Postby Jaku » 12 Jul 2014, 14:18

First of all I really need to thank you for this guide <3 It's really helping me a lot . But I still don't have Exorcist Arrow or other good Skills you mentioned yet :// And if you smelt the weapon which things should you choose then? Skill Change (If bad skills or rely on skill cards?) or durability??
And what does the grade mean on the weapon can you explain me this?
Jaku

Postby Otonashi » 12 Jul 2014, 16:48

Jaku wrote:First of all I really need to thank you for this guide <3 It's really helping me a lot . But I still don't have Exorcist Arrow or other good Skills you mentioned yet :// And if you smelt the weapon which things should you choose then? Skill Change (If bad skills or rely on skill cards?) or durability??
And what does the grade mean on the weapon can you explain me this?

Exorcist Arrow is a rare skill, pretty sure it's even rarer than Collapsing Arrow. When smelting choose Skill Evolution V, and always hunt for weapons with good skills as opposed to Skill Changing or using skill cards for them. Normally 2 good skills is good enough. Grade gives 4 Durability and some attack per point.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy