The Guide To Killing The Goldaruma {GRAND REDUX, BABY!}

Post helpful information for other players here.

The Guide To Killing The Goldaruma {GRAND REDUX, BABY!}

Postby Dark Deceiver » 19 Nov 2014, 00:33

Crisper, cleaner, and much more nicer, welcome to the updated original (un)official guide to killing the Goldaruma! Its Wiki Page can be found here; http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Goldaruma
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is the Goldaruma?
The Goldaruma is an enemy that has a rare chance of spawning within any dungeon, with the exception being Wardings. As its name implies, it's a golden Daruma, though it's FAR more powerful than normal Darumas in the game.

When does the Goldaruma spawn?
It spawns after you've killed a certain amount of enemies in the room, sometimes all of the enemies. When that happens, a notification will pop up, letting you know one has spawned. It will then run away from you, and you have to chase it down.

How often does the Goldaruma spawn?
Ideally, if you're soloing a dungeon, a Goldaruma could spawn once per floor, with the exception being the boss room. Apparently, a full party can encounter more than one Goldaruma on the same floor, but I've never seen it happen personally. I don't have the exact percentage for the base spawn rate, but it's rare.

EDIT: The Goldaruma has a chance of spawning in the boss room in the dungeon Whirlwinds of Calamity.

How do I kill the Goldaruma?
Only Poison Skills can damage the Goldaruma. Attacking it normally will deal no damage. The absolute best tactic is to have a Wand with the skill Poison Cloud ready for if one spawns. Herd the Goldaruma into a corner, and use Poison Cloud on it. A Rank V-VII will kill any Goldaruma outright. If you don't have a Wand, a Bow with the skills Venom Arrow or Poison Rapid Shot will also work. Twin Swords with the skill Poison Fang will also damage it, as will the Spear's skill with the same name. Additionally, if you own a Mount, its Dash attack (tap WASD twice) can hurt and kill it too. A Hound Dog, Ifrit, Fuujin, or Raijin with a high enough attack or all available scrolls/max level can outright oneshot with a basic attack.

Does the Goldaruma have any attacks I should watch out for?
Oh, absolutely. It has two attacks: A shockwave that paralyzes you, and a laser that takes a huge chunk of health away, if not kills you outright. The Goldaruma will normally run at you if it's going to use the shockwave, and if it does and it paralyzes you, it will almost certainly follow up with its laser.

If I manage to kill a Goldaruma, what loot will I get?
You will gain Ryou boxes, ranging from 30k to 1 mil, and sometimes Stones for crafting, and/or a friendship item. You'll also get a ton of Ryou and EXP. Higher level Goldaruma will yield more loot. You'll run into them on Hell Mode.

Does level affect the rate of a Goldaruma spawning?
In a way, yes. Years ago, it was the typical 10-20 level difference for dungeons that dictated whether a Goldaruma spawned or not, similar to the level difference for Friendship Items to drop. I'm unsure if that's changed or not, but what IS certain is the closer in level you are to the dungeon you're running, the better your chances of one spawning.

Is there anything else I need to know?
Yes. Sometimes, the Goldaruma will spawn, only to despawn immediately afterwards. Nothing can be done about it, and there's no telling when it'll happen. The Goldaruma will also spawn in a random spot in the room you're in, either to the sides or in the middle of it. Also, it can and will heal itself to full HP if you've managed to damage it.

So, just to be clear, what is the best tactic to use on it?
As mentioned above, your best tactic is to have a Wand with a rank V or higher Poison Cloud at the ready for if one spawns. If it does, try to herd the Goldaruma into a corner and use the skill to kill it. If you have a Bow, keep enough of a distance to hit it with Venom Arrow or Poison Rapid Shot, but don't get close enough for it to stun you with its shockwave. For those with only Twin Swords and Spears, you're just going to have to close in and use your poison skills and be careful not to get hit.

If you have a Mount, always keep it out when in a Dungeon. If a Goldaruma spawns, swap with the Mount and get close, and then tap W twice to use the Dash Attack and you should be able to kill it easily that way. Much better, more viable, and safer than trying the Poison Attack method.

Below are just some old pictures to go along with the guide, which showcase the Goldaruma's size, spawn, and Bestiry. One more thing; the Poison Oubai, which has a +26 Poison Element to it and can be found in Azami Crossing, is not effective against the Goldaruma, despite what one might think.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is what it looks like on the Bestiary:

This is its Bestiary entry completed:

Its Bestiary completed in English:

Small Goldaruma spawning:

Large Goldaruma spawning:

Good luck!
Last edited by Dark Deceiver on 21 Mar 2021, 18:22, edited 27 times in total.
RIP Onigiri USPC: 2014-2021
Dark Deceiver

Re: One player's guide to killing the Golden Daruma

Postby Dark Deceiver » 19 Nov 2014, 00:40

This post USED to talk about parties affecting the spawn rate and whatnot, as well as the level difference between you and the dungeons, but not anymore, since all that can now be found on the wiki, whose link I provided on my first post.

Instead, I'll use this post to say that I will experiment with other weapons' poison skills, and see which are more effective than others, such as Rapid Poison Shot is more effective than Venom Arrow, since it's faster, and has a quicker reload time.

However, all Poison attacks are effective against it, regardless on how fast they are.
Last edited by Dark Deceiver on 22 Jan 2015, 12:08, edited 2 times in total.
Dark Deceiver

Postby Cinder » 20 Nov 2014, 04:37

I dunno if that dungeon has a higher chance of gold daru spawning really, since it's probably just near your level which means it'd have a higher chance for you. I'd imagine the drops scale with level too. I've seen it twice, the first time it killed us and got away with it's stun and hadouken beam -_- The second time I tried to lure it away from some dangerous 1 shotting range enemies, but it despawned almost immediately. Both times I was in a dungeon over our level in a 5 person party.
Cinder

Postby Dark Deceiver » 10 Dec 2014, 05:51

Cinder wrote:The second time I tried to lure it away from some dangerous 1 shotting range enemies, but it despawned almost immediately.

Speaking of despawning almost immediately, that WILL happen at times when it spawns. I don't know why, it just does, and there's really no way to prevent it or tell if it'll happen.

Your best bet when hunting is to just run straight at it the second you see it, and try running it into a wall, then spam your poison skills.
Last edited by Dark Deceiver on 29 Aug 2015, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Deceiver

Re: {Update} One player's guide to killing the Goldaruma {RE

Postby Silveryshine » 01 Mar 2015, 07:19

I... I have massive problems trying to kill Gold Darumas, I have no idea whether I'm doing anything wrong ._.

I'm a bow user now lv 48, all my bows have a damage of like 500 by now and Poison Rapid Shot.

For example I go to Den of Needles which is lv 50 dungeon. I then find Gold Daruma, I make it go stuck into a wall and then I start shoting.
But despite I went full DEX havint like 73 DEX now and 1 Rausu and 3 Kouya Magatamas, My Poison Rapid Shot IV only takes away like 8% of his whole HP....
and then the Gold Daruma usually always runs to me at hyperspeed even if I keep distance, stuns me without me being able to dodge and then oneshots me and then despawns ._.
Anything I'm doing wrong or would my bows deal so much dmg that it gets bugged and does negative damage? x-x I really dunno xD.
Silveryshine

Postby shadow190 » 01 Mar 2015, 23:57

Silveryshine wrote:I... I have massive problems trying to kill Gold Darumas, I have no idea whether I'm doing anything wrong ._.

I'm a bow user now lv 48, all my bows have a damage of like 500 by now and Poison Rapid Shot.

For example I go to Den of Needles which is lv 50 dungeon. I then find Gold Daruma, I make it go stuck into a wall and then I start shoting.
But despite I went full DEX havint like 73 DEX now and 1 Rausu and 3 Kouya Magatamas, My Poison Rapid Shot IV only takes away like 8% of his whole HP....
and then the Gold Daruma usually always runs to me at hyperspeed even if I keep distance, stuns me without me being able to dodge and then oneshots me and then despawns ._.
Anything I'm doing wrong or would my bows deal so much dmg that it gets bugged and does negative damage? x-x I really dunno xD.

I dont think youre doing anything wrong. From what i saw poison bow attacks at some point do very little compared to earlier times. So heres a suggestion try getting and using poison cloud(wand) instead of PRS. The dmg seems to be much much higher from what ive seen. Altho the down side is you have to get in very close...so its a very risky move. But if done right goldie should have chunks of hp ripped off or even die in 1 shot if lucky. Hope this helps even a lil somehow.
IGN: Mikata Rukito
shadow190

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 11 Jun 2015, 12:24

Goldarumas used to bug the Hell out of me, but I'm getting pretty good at killing them now. Killed four of them today with my main character (a Level 31 "Daring"). I use a Black Cloud Bow, enchantment Level 40 as of today, with Venom Arrow II. It usually takes about two Venom Arrows and a couple volleys to take one down, depending on how easily I trap it in a corner. I actively hunt them now since they're good for EXP and drop all those Ryou boxes. What I do now is, whenever I'm in a dungeon, I expect one to spawn in each room. I focus on wiping out the most annoying monsters first, and save the grunts for last. That way, if a Goldaruma spawns while I'm still clearing the room, I'm less likely to die. Monsters like Kappa, Stickys or Great Darumas I take out first since they can make me flinch when they hit me, and that's about the worst thing that can happen when fighting a Goldaruma.

My main character is the most consistent with Goldaruma kills, taking out about 95% of all I fight against. I have a Spellcaster type character who managed to kill one, but only because the Goldaruma kept glitching. I have a Power build that killed one as well, but I'd advise against that. It was pretty tense trying to fight it with a giant axe, having to dodge every other strike. Most surprising though was that my newest character killed one last night, as a Level 10. Bamboo Bow, again with Venom Arrow II. Seems to be the most effective method for me. That character ended up killing two yesterday, both in the Cave of Dreams.

I'd recommend that anyone who is trained in Dexterity should make sure they always carry a bow with a poison-type skill around. I suppose any weapon with a poison skill would work, but bows and wands would be best since you range the Goldaruma. I'd also advise against fighting one when there's a lot of players online. The amount of times I've been killed because of lag is unreal. I now actively avoid playing after 0100 GMT, because that's when I encounter the worst lag. I think that's when all the US players log on, but it's a nightmare for me to deal with.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Wibberish » 14 Nov 2016, 02:19

After the skill force update from late 2015, Poison Cloud VI should always be able to one-shot the strongest variant of Goldaruma, even on a weak wand. So just keep a wand with Poison Cloud VI or VII around (equipped if you want to be prepared), and when a Goldaruma shows up, either use Poison Cloud on it while it is spawning or chase it against a wall before casting.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Niaaa » 14 Nov 2016, 18:15

Level 80+ Ifrit (no scrolls required, but more scrolls = damage) can one-shot or two-shot the Goldaruma with ease just by using the dash attack (double press W while mounted). Therefore, when running huge dungeons in parties, you should always have Ifrit summoned whether or not you're carrying or not in case if the Goldaruma suddenly appears. And keep track of your Ifrit's stamina bar, as it can only do one dash when the stamina is around 40 I believe, correct me if I'm wrong since I'm too lazy to go onto the actual game to check.
ign: Eclipsdom LVL 128
Niaaa

Return to Guides & Strategy