[Swords] The Know-It Guide For Dummies

Post helpful information for other players here.

[Swords] The Know-It Guide For Dummies

Postby Miyako Tachibana » 27 Jul 2015, 03:02

Welcome to my guide on building up your stats and the answers to your general questions on your swords.

Okay. So you are looking what to get on a sword user.

Before you start reading under this, make sure you read SupremeTentacle's post on your status points and what they do. http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/_/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7940

Because you are a sword-type user, you MUST max POW, never leave it 99, or less. After that, focus on MND, and DEX. If you feel really easy to get killed, put a little VIT to your build. (Of course, don't just add a little points. You need to add A LOT of vit to feel slightly tankier. Not recommended though since you will get 1 shotted later game anyway.)

Statuses are very important. Keep in mind that the order in which would provide the best stats would be Affinity -> Skill Force -> Elements. The reason why this is the order in which these would provide the best stats:
    1. Affinity takes top priority over about all else just for the fact that you wont deal as much damage as you want it to when you don't have much affinity.(For example, 0 affinity sword vs a max affinity sword user will have a rather HUGE effect)
    2. Skill Force, obviously is the bread and butter of most dmg you make due to skill force multipliers, which makes this the 2nd priority. And yes, Skill Force is a thing in this game. Pay REAL CLOSE ATTENTION to what it does.
    3. Last of all, Elements. The average person who is beginning to reach to high levels needs to start paying attention to this, as bosses and monsters begin to have ultra high defences against your intended use of an ability. Merely boosting the element on your skill often makes a big difference in power.

Weapons. The intended weapon that is identifiable by Shizuka or craftable by Yoshitsune must be of the highest minimum level requirement and should be of Gold rarity for the highest damage output you can have.

If you need to check how good a skill is, there is a guide that Momiji posted (personally requested by me). http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/_/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7902

Magatamas that are most preferred to have currently are:
    1. 4x Amara Magatamas w/ Fated Contractor (2x Crit, 2x Slice, with a little bit of SP and HP)
    2. 1x Chiami Magatama and 3x Amara Magatamas (Chiami w/ 2x Confining Terror, Amara w/ 2x Fated Contractor)
The current preferred build to have at this moment, would probably be having 2x Ougi Thunderbeasts, and 3x Lunge Steps.

Possible titles that are favorable are:
    1. Sakamoto Ryuuma (For the Critical +8)
    2. Date Masamune (60% Affinity for Swords, Axe, Odachi)
    3. Taira No Masakado (60% Affinity for Swords, Provides a little bit of POW and MND)

That should be it for this guide, if I'm missing something this tell me and I'll edit. If you have any questions, reply to this thread and I'll try my best to answer back.

P.S This guide is not to prepare players for upcoming content, only to help any level players who plan on switching to Swords, or are just questioning what stats to get as a Swords-user. Also, credits to Momiji and SupremeTentacle for making a guide on Skill Points and Classifications.

[Edit: Revamped the whole thing for the sake of Clarity.]
US Onigiri Character:
    Yosh!tsune Lvl 115 Swords
    Myuu Tachibana Lvl 32 Twin Swords
JP Onigiri Character: Tachibana Miyako Lvl 52 Bow
Further preparing for next content~
Miyako Tachibana

Re: [Swords] The Know-It Guide For Dummies

Postby Dark Deceiver » 19 Aug 2015, 11:26

I feel stupid for asking this, since I've been playing this game for a loooong time, but where can I find Amara again? Used to have a few, early on, but sold them. Now I can't find even a single one.
Last edited by Dark Deceiver on 23 Aug 2015, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Onigiri USPC: 2014-2021
Dark Deceiver

Postby Jakiro » 19 Aug 2015, 11:33

Bazaar, Miroku Negotiation 4 (I think), and maybe Room of Rites.

If you are too lazy, just get 16 OC and buy it off from Bazaars. There are plenty of people selling it.
Last edited by Jakiro on 19 Aug 2015, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Back for now... Getting back up to speed with this Garg stuffs.
Also taking the liberty to spam knowledge into the forums.

Yosh!tsune [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ May come back one day...
___________ [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ Not telling you the username
Jakiro

Postby Dark Deceiver » 19 Aug 2015, 11:36

Jakiro wrote:Bazaar, Miroku Negotiation 2 (I think), and maybe Room of Rites.

Thanks, mate.
RIP Onigiri USPC: 2014-2021
Dark Deceiver

Postby Penii » 19 Aug 2015, 12:12

Dark Deceiver wrote:
Jakiro wrote:Bazaar, Miroku Negotiation 2 (I think), and maybe Room of Rites.

Thanks, mate.

Negotiation lvl 4.
IGN: xXKirito24528Xx --- Lvl3 leech.

Penii

Postby Jakiro » 19 Aug 2015, 12:28

whoops thanks. ill edit that.

Jakiro

Postby Jakiro » 19 Aug 2015, 12:42

I did also forget to add that adding WIS is optional, but I do feel that it is very useful in terms of using skills more and not asking for SP every 5 seconds.

Jakiro

Postby Momiji » 20 Aug 2015, 11:52

If i recall correctly, I was sure that SP reduction from Wisdom only affects wands and staff skills.
What a pain in the ass...
TwintailsLv 130

Find me on The Onigiri Discord server!
Momiji

Postby Jakiro » 20 Aug 2015, 15:41

Momiji wrote:If i recall correctly, I was sure that SP reduction from Wisdom only affects wands and staff skills.

Well it does provide more SP if I recall... Idk I don't ask for SP from people ever since I resetted my stats..

WIS + MND providing more SP = less need to ask for an invig everytime it wears off.

Jakiro

Return to Guides & Strategy