Quick (random) Question

Free discussion unrelated to Onigiri.

Quick (random) Question

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 28 Oct 2015, 18:11

Has anyone ever used RPG Maker MV? I found it on Steam and was wondering if it was worth getting. I'd like to try my hand at making an RPG, but I don't like the idea of paying ~£60 for software with very limited capabilities. I've seen mixed reviews for it, but I've not been able to build up a clear idea of how good/bad it is.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Re: Quick (random) Question

Postby Marimo » 28 Oct 2015, 21:20

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:Has anyone ever used RPG Maker MV? I found it on Steam and was wondering if it was worth getting. I'd like to try my hand at making an RPG, but I don't like the idea of paying ~£60 for software with very limited capabilities. I've seen mixed reviews for it, but I've not been able to build up a clear idea of how good/bad it is.

I have heard of it, but I never played it myself. Also, I don't mind being the villain of this story. Lex Luthor once said "I AM the villain of this story!" x)
IGN
Lv 130 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 130 Lenneth Valkyrie
Lv 131 SilmeriaValkyrie
Lv 130 Alicia Valkyrie
Lv 30 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 30 Lenneth Valkyrie

Year of CRASHgression, foaks! ⌐_⌐
Marimo

Postby Riddras » 29 Oct 2015, 00:31

It doesn't seem to be too different from other free RPGMaker programs, but with more selection of pre-made sprites and instances to use. Maybe you can try the free ones first, just to see if it's your cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tlsnHP7iPY
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Riddras » 29 Oct 2015, 00:41

On a possibly related note, I saw a Role Play topic here, but it was the real-time kind. Wondering if anybody would like to start a literature RP, and later turn it into a story of some sort for a game. Or just for the heck of it.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 29 Oct 2015, 18:23

Interesting. I'll try out the free versions and see if I can work with any of them. I've got a couple ideas for RPGs, just need to build on those ideas. Maybe sometime in the future people will be playing them, and (hopefully) loving them.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby SupremeTentacle » 31 Oct 2015, 12:31

I don't suggest purchasing the program unless you plan to use it for over 500 hours. Other free software, like the unity engine, can produce similar, if not superior results only a slight bit more work.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 31 Oct 2015, 18:47

If I can find something that works well for me, then using it for 500 hours would be a piece of cake. I'd like to be able to release a few RPGs, or even a few series', if I can wiggle myself enough spare time to start making them that is. If they're successful enough though, I can quit my shitty job and focus more on this, amongst other personal projects that I want to devote more time to.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Marimo » 13 Nov 2015, 23:23

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:Interesting. I'll try out the free versions and see if I can work with any of them. I've got a couple ideas for RPGs, just need to build on those ideas. Maybe sometime in the future people will be playing them, and (hopefully) loving them.

I wanna know what are your ideas for RPG is about? I had started doing one for a fire emblem hack, but I failed miserably because I couldn't understand the steps. :( Anyways, good luck on your RPG project. ^^
IGN
Lv 130 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 130 Lenneth Valkyrie
Lv 131 SilmeriaValkyrie
Lv 130 Alicia Valkyrie
Lv 30 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 30 Lenneth Valkyrie

Year of CRASHgression, foaks! ⌐_⌐
Marimo

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 14 Nov 2015, 18:12

The first one is just going to be a simple turn-based RPG. Something short and sweet while I get to grips with the software (going with Unity Engine). I'll probably do another, more complex RPG later on, before doing a short and simple MMO, again so I can get to grips with the software and stuff.

Ultimately, I'd like to make 3 MMORPGs; one is your typical fantasy game featuring Dragons, Kitsune, and other monsters, one is going to be sci-fi/Cyberpunk style with fast vehicles and a fair amount of shooting, and then there'll be a Steampunk game featuring a good deal of flying and aerial combat. And that's all you're getting out of me. For now. I'll sneak preview more details once I actually start working on them.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Riddras » 20 Nov 2015, 17:50

Gamer maker somehow always remind me of this episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9KGfEhFAw0
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Return to Off Topic