New player from the faraway land of Tera

Introduce yourself to fellow players here!

New player from the faraway land of Tera

Postby Zsaszz » 17 May 2016, 10:41

Hi i'm fairly new to the game in fact i downloaded it yesterday and tbh i like the game very much, the art style and the fighting mechanics are the main reason for why i got it, as the title says i also play Tera, been playing it for quite some time now, strangely enough never heard of onigiri until a few days ago and it was a must get for me. So yeah i think that's it for the introduction thanks to whoever read this, tips and advises are always welcome mainly on the skill points thingy because that's the main concern i have atm and i don't want to mess that up, thanks for reading and gg.
Zsaszz

Re: New player from the faraway land of Tera

Postby EmeraldWolf » 17 May 2016, 12:06

Zsaszz wrote:Hi i'm fairly new to the game in fact i downloaded it yesterday and tbh i like the game very much, the art style and the fighting mechanics are the main reason for why i got it, as the title says i also play Tera, been playing it for quite some time now, strangely enough never heard of onigiri until a few days ago and it was a must get for me. So yeah i think that's it for the introduction thanks to whoever read this, tips and advises are always welcome mainly on the skill points thingy because that's the main concern i have atm and i don't want to mess that up, thanks for reading and gg.

Nice to meetcha, I played Tera a little but couldn't really get into it due to the completely lack of story and the laggyness of some cities.
Your best idea is to head onto the guides forum and look up a guide for your class. They are releltivly outdated but they still hold up quite well (the bow one is super outdated). The basic gist is that magatamas are important and you want to get 3k affinity as soon as possible then start peeling them off to get Skill force mags to make your skill stronger. The best ones to get are Rank 5+ ones due to that being the last level a skill can be boosted to using Yoshitune's Smelting.
Note that your basic mentality in the game is too go full dmg, other classes simply don't work because everything in later levels get stupid amounts of dmg and a lot of hp. Not trying to sound discouraging but I do think you will like this game.

Also to story plays out almost exactly like an anime so it's fun to go through.
EmberWolf is my main character.

British player: Give me more story plz ;_;
EmeraldWolf

Postby Zsaszz » 17 May 2016, 14:56

EmeraldWolf wrote:Nice to meetcha, I played Tera a little but couldn't really get into it due to the completely lack of story and the laggyness of some cities.
Your best idea is to head onto the guides forum and look up a guide for your class. They are releltivly outdated but they still hold up quite well (the bow one is super outdated). The basic gist is that magatamas are important and you want to get 3k affinity as soon as possible then start peeling them off to get Skill force mags to make your skill stronger. The best ones to get are Rank 5+ ones due to that being the last level a skill can be boosted to using Yoshitune's Smelting.
Note that your basic mentality in the game is too go full dmg, other classes simply don't work because everything in later levels get stupid amounts of dmg and a lot of hp. Not trying to sound discouraging but I do think you will like this game.

Also to story plays out almost exactly like an anime so it's fun to go through.

TY wolf nice to meet ya 2 thanks for the info, i will do what u say and check the guides because like i said don't want to mess that up, i like to use mostly ds and bow so i will check those guides even though u said that the bow thing is heavily outdated soo... idk about that lol, and about the affinity and skill force mags i have absolutely no idea what that is but i guess i will find out later as the game progresses, after all i'm only lvl 20 atm soo there's still a lot i haven't seen yet.

PD: And about Tera ya i get what u mean, the story is there but not as story-driven or even interesting as the one in Onigiri, and the laggyness is wonderful on peak hours on Velika or other major cities, but anyway thanks for the info and the welcoming.
Zsaszz

Postby EmeraldWolf » 17 May 2016, 17:52

Hey no problem, if you want a hand just lemme know, i've got an account around that lvl so I can join you if you want. Either hit me up here or add my main account (in the sig).

The rest of the stuff I said was confusing I'l admit but important never the less.

EmeraldWolf

Postby AngelOfAnarchy » 21 May 2016, 01:30

Hello there, going to try and provide a brief bow and dual sword guide here (I'm a pure bow user, used to play dual swords as well).
First off, your primary stat is dexterity, and you want to have it maxed (full 100 points) by around lvl 80-100.
Mind is an important stat for any player, since later in the game you will need to use good support skills like rapid storm, invigorate rank 5 or 6, and resurrection 7. 40 mind around lvl 80 is a smart idea, ideally you want at least 75 mind (including any plus stat) since you will need that much for resurrection.
As a dex type, I'd advise completely ignoring vitality stat; you don't need spear affinity, defense is pretty useless in Onigiri, and the extra health will only get you so far once you reach Edo and everything can 1-shot you.
If you end up preffering bow over dual sword, you could go for wisdom after dex and mind, since it improves crit rate and gives a little more sp (note: sp reduction with wis ONLY applies to wand and staff skills).
Power will give you a little more bow and ds aff, and also some health. If you end up preferring ds, you should put more points in power.
Note about affinity: At lvl 100, you have a total possilbe aff of 3000, and it will go up every lvl thereafter. I'd advise you to preference skill force over maxing aff, because as you get higher in lvl (106+), it becomes extremely hard to max your aff. Even without maxed aff, if you have plenty of skill force you will do good damage.
Skill force magatamas: Skill force is pretty straightforward, it increases the damage of your skills that are of the specified rank or higher (currently I think the highest rank skills in the North American client are rank 7 for normal skills and rank 6 for ougi).
For ds, your best sf mag is nekotama (some people use fuuri, but that's for rank 6 so only good if you rely on thunderbeast 6 and normal skills that are rank 7 like crimson cross cut). Also if you go ds, you're going to want a chiami to keep you alive (it restores 3% of your crit damage)
For bow, your best sf mag is mango (rank 6 mag is melon, FYI you get a free melon mag from a quest in Echigo). If you opt to use bow, no need for a chiami.
If you want to use bow and ds simultaneously, use hunter mags. These are a hybrid mag that gives ds and bow sf. Note that hybrid mags give less sf than mags for just 1 wep, so you will be doing less damage than a pure bow or pure ds user if you use hunters.
Ornament sf mags with fated contractor, and chiami with confining terror. You will unlock these ornamentations when Kaaguya is a high enough friendship lvl (I think around lvl 12-14 ??? not totally sure but by lvl 15 you should have those ornamentations available).
At lvl 105 you will be able to equip more powerful mags for that lvl. The "105 sf mags" have to be crafted with Kaguya, and she needs to be friendship lvl 24. For bow it's attack star mag, and ds is dancing water mag. These give you a massive amount of sf, and a large chunk of additional sf if you are low health (if you see a high lvl player purposefully cutting their hp with sacrifice skill, this is why). Note these mags are a pain to gather the materials to craft.
Oh, and remember to ALWAYS use smelting reset buttons if there is any chance of loss during smelt, even if it's only 10%. I've seen people lose their weapons with only a 10% chance of loss, and once the weapon is gone, it's gone. I cannot emphasize this enough, some people have even quit Onigiri after losing their best weapons this way.

OK all that said, it's funny you mentioned Tera, since I recently left Oni to play that XD. Doesn't lag too bad for me with the graphics turned down a little, and for me the Velika lag isn't any worse than the Edo lag, you will find out when you get to that area. Agreed that Tera implements its story poorly, doesn't bother me personally since I like to skip to the killing mobs part.
Ah well, best of luck and enjoy Oni. Ignore the rifters and always practice safe smelting ^^
AngelOfAnarchy, level 126
Oni since Dec '14
MIA until further notice
AngelOfAnarchy

Postby Zsaszz » 22 May 2016, 18:34

Thanks for the info and the skills and items explanation that's always appreciated, I have done some smelting already and it reminds me of the amplification system of a game i played for a few years called Warspear online, and the smelting process was somewhat alike so i know about that "losing your best weapon...then throwing your mouse against a wall thing", so yeah i used the button to avoid that wonderful experience.
I was thinking on focusing on ds more but i'm afraid of becoming a glasscannon that can be killed with a sneeze with all the 1 hit thing that you and Wolf said so...i will lvl the dex like u said and work from there, either safer distance with a bow or close and personal with ds.

And about Tera, with the new ninja class update you are gonna feel right at home since everyone is using them lol.
Zsaszz

Postby EmeraldWolf » 22 May 2016, 20:26

Zsaszz wrote:Thanks for the info and the skills and items explanation that's always appreciated, I have done some smelting already and it reminds me of the amplification system of a game i played for a few years called Warspear online, and the smelting process was somewhat alike so i know about that "losing your best weapon...then throwing your mouse against a wall thing", so yeah i used the button to avoid that wonderful experience.
I was thinking on focusing on ds more but i'm afraid of becoming a glasscannon that can be killed with a sneeze with all the 1 hit thing that you and Wolf said so...i will lvl the dex like u said and work from there, either safer distance with a bow or close and personal with ds.

And about Tera, with the new ninja class update you are gonna feel right at home since everyone is using them lol.

In the late game everything kills you regardless of how tanky you think you are, gotta stack that dmg and get used to blocking and dodging XD.

EmeraldWolf

Return to New Player Forum