[Guide] Boss Strategies

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Boss Strategies

Postby Wibberish » 14 Aug 2017, 22:51

Miyano311 wrote:No I wasnt talking about the Ice prison... I even forgot about it :p
What I was talking is the aoe that, more or less, has charging animation similar to the freezing slam but waaay deadlier (you can perfect block the slam, but this? GTFO quick!) . And all 3 gargs have that.

And yeahhhh.... this is probably a hell mode move... I guess. I mean, I havent fought Gargs for a while...

Yeah, that move is the only thing I have to watch out for when I solo Infernal Oni. It's unblockable and hits like 5+ times almost instantly. But as long as you can survive the first hit or two it's very easy to just repeatedly roll away once you see the gargoyle lift his hand and make the ougi noise. He also seems to always turn around to face you before initiating that move, and he only uses it below half HP or so. So it's very easy to look out for.

I'll post a stats dump for bosses that aren't on the wiki yet sometime in the next few days.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby maxwell3094 » 15 Aug 2017, 11:35

You know the more I'm forced to actually use the blocking in this game the more I realize how absolutely fucking dreadful it is that the hit detection is lag/ping sensitive presumably due to that sort of stuff being handled server side which fucks up the timing of blocking. That is disgraceful fucking design for this sort of action game. Meanwhile I can play the action MMO with JP servers (PSO2) and have flawless fucking hit detection again presumably because in that game it's handled client side. Blocking a split second before an enemy even STARTS their attack and still having the game tell me I was too fucking slow absolutely infuriates me. Thank fucking god I went with a wand character I guess because frankly if I had chosen to play melee (which I imagine is much more dependent on blocking.) that single issue alone would have made me outright quit this game immediately. Kudos to all the people that did go melee and had to rely on this totally unreliable mechanic because you guys are god damn heroes. For that matter kudos to all the poor bastards trying to play this game from outside NA. If it's already terrible for me I can only fucking imagine how horrific it must be for you. As for C$ You should be fucking ashamed of yourselves you lazy hacks.

TLDR: C$ is trash garbage and I've added the Crag and Infernal Fuccbois to the guide.
Alpha: Level 37 alpha clearer
Release: Level 119 cautious type (Press F to pay respects)
Boss guide - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8143&p=29482#p29482
Last added: Abyss Gargoyle
maxwell3094

Postby maxwell3094 » 11 Sep 2017, 00:28

Thanks to the magic that is events I was finally able to craft the orange glass marbles I needed to clear fucking Hitler's quest and progress again. The asshole responsible for that quest can blow me as I'm now half convinced that orange glass marbles dropping is a myth. I never want to see that giant fucking cat in House of Whatever ever again. If not for the event I'd frankly never have completed that quest. Lunar Spirit Kaguya and her Fuccbots have been added. The Levinlance strategy is also no longer pending and is now fully added. You might also notice that I seem to have identified the inconsistency of being stunned after the gargoyle homing ball attacks so that was edited into the ice gargoyle section. Sooner or later I think I'll just do a pass through all the warding bosses that don't force specific weapons on you regardless of whether or not I want a weapon or something from them for the sake of adding them to the guide. For now though I've still got a stupid amount of those event energy restores to burn though as quickly as possible so time to throw those at the exp ticket thing and then probably do more progressing.
maxwell3094

Postby Lelouch Zyro » 15 Feb 2018, 14:05

How to beat Mephistopheles? I tried everything to hitting him with his weakness but does no significant damage. Then they want us to use a partner who attacks are what Mephistopheles is resistant to.
Lelouch Zyro

Postby maxwell3094 » 20 Feb 2018, 03:12

Sadly I can't help you with any boss not listed here as I've frankly just yet to see/reach them. While I'm not dead like I was for a time I'm still not all that active especially lately since I've had other games I'm more interested in playing. (Nintendo switch is a 10/10 console all hail Nintendo) You can either wait for me to eventually beat that boss (Which let's face it everyone reading this probably knows by now that there's no telling when I'll bother with it) or ask for help somewhere else. I don't pay much attention to it even though I joined but there is a discord server and I'd imagine someone there would be able to give you at least half decent advice on what to do against that boss. https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
maxwell3094

Postby Riddras » 21 Feb 2018, 06:08

Would be nice to have a guide for mephi here too when you do reach it.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby maxwell3094 » 21 Feb 2018, 09:01

Oh don't worry. While there's no telling when it will happen with me being as inconsistently active as I am I do still fully for it to happen. After all despite its (excessive) flaws I'm rather attached to the game since it brought me into the chatango group that's been around since the alpha and we all still hang out together though now in a discord. Plus I mean if I ever did outright quit this game with no intention of ever returning I'd probably announce it here...I think...maybe......
maxwell3094

Postby Lelouch Zyro » 03 Mar 2018, 10:15

I managed to be him.
Lelouch Zyro

Postby maxwell3094 » 13 May 2022, 23:06

So uh wow hey would you look at that I'm actually somehow not dead. Sure can't fucking say the same about the original pc version I played on though. Press F to pay respects. In typical me fashion I'll take this chance to bitch at C$ some more while I'm here as I usually do in these update posts: Seriously C$ what the actual fucking fuck is wrong with you why in gods name could you not just merge the original pc version and the steam version I swear to fucking christ.

Scheduled salt aside Lucifer and Meph have now FINALLY been added to the guide only uh 4 years after someone posted here asking for help on Meph. And also these forums seem like they may or may not also be dead now too I guess. Oops. With that in mind I think I'll look into porting this guide over to somewhere else like the discord for the game or turning it into a steam guide because I'm honestly surprised these forums are still around at all. Guess one of the other not so dead versions also feed into here as their forums though you wouldn't know it seeing as how its a ghost town.

Well that or I'll go MIA for like 5 years again only to return for some stupid reason in the distant future after all english versions of the game are RIP leaving us to bow before our JP overlords. Who's to say with me really.
maxwell3094

Postby maxwell3094 » 23 May 2022, 01:21

Well for now I'm still trucking along though the constant "fetch quest some bullshit that MIGHT drop as a dungeon clear reward" was doing a good job of killing my motivation for a bit. Especially the tusk one. "Great I got the 2 tusks and cleared the dungeon they were cockblocking me from now I can be done with this place and go to sakurajima to progr- oh what the fuck do you mean I need 2 more tusks FUCKING AGAIN?!?!?! Go fuck yourself you fucking cunt." This is more or less an accurate representation of my reaction at the time. Thankfully past that and C$ seems to gone back to the norm of just clearing a place once to advance at least for now while I'm in Kyoto: part 2. Hopefully it stays that way. With that said Abyss Gargoyle has been added to the guide now and I also thought the alt Meph was noteworthy enough to warrant including him for a 2nd time. Conversely Shuuten-Doji was a pretty easy skip though it seems like I'll likely end up needing to fight him again later so maybe that version won't be brain dead.

Also I realize at this point that the original gargoyles can't really technically be considered as "optional" but I don't really want to move them either and I imagine the warding version is the one most people are dealing with first anyway so I'll just leave it as is. Maybe change it from optional to "other" or something the next time I update it.
maxwell3094

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy