Summer Gacha

Anything Onigiri related!

Summer Gacha

Postby Firon » 13 Sep 2017, 05:55

I finally got around to going through my gacha rolls, because, it's not everyday you get so many free rolls, right? Anyway, here are the numbers:

Total Rolls (over 6 characters): 254
Platinum: 6
Gold: 5
Silver: 13
Red: 14
Green: 78
Blue: 138

Here are the partners I got:
Firon: Izuna Trix2, Sanzoux2, MK-XCIX (I did the events on this one so had more rolls)
Alt 1: Izuna Tri, Shingen
Alt 2: Tristan
*crash*
Alt 3: Siegfried
Alt 4: Siegfried
Alt 5: Sanzou

*I should mention that I did all my rolls (except the last 3 for Firon) on the same day (which probably explains why the RNG is.. not so random).

Quite the painful rolling because of all the blues/greens but it was also a nice way of getting a few free partners and building up a nice supply of Artisan's and other stuff (particularly for new players). I'm not sure of how accurate a representation of gacha rates this is since they were free tickets after all...

How did you guys go?

Edit: Mixed up a few golds and platinums somehow.

Totals:
508 rolls
Platinum: 11 (~2.2%)
Gold: 15 (~3.0%)
Silver: 34 (~6.7%)
Red: 32 (~6.3%. This is probably actually higher since you can't roll clothes twice.)
Green: 162 (~31.9%)
Blue: 254 (50%)

Tentative Percentage Guesses
Platinum: 2%
Gold: 3%
Silver: 5%
Red: 10%
Green: 30%
Blue: 50%
Last edited by Firon on 14 Sep 2017, 21:28, edited 3 times in total.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Re: Summer Gacha

Postby Miyano311 » 13 Sep 2017, 08:05

Well... I got a Miya scroll, 3 Sanzou scrolls, 2 Tristan and 1 Asura on my main. Meanwhile my alt got nothing beside freakin' skill cards.
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Postby Wibberish » 13 Sep 2017, 11:37

On my main: 1 Asura, 1 Sanzou, 1 6, 1 99. Feel pretty lucky since I managed to get a plat.

On the other hand... 1560 offer OC spent on the paid Kintoki/Ifrit gacha with reward up, 600 offer OC spent on the Kenshin only gacha, 160 OC spent on the Houou/Asura/Shuten/Izuna gacha, and 480 OC spent on the Hideyoshi gacha. Nothing. Totaling 2,800 OC spent with no platinum tier and still no end in sight. Do players pay $5000 for maxed partners or something? I still don't have a single vanguard/divinity with 3 scrolls despite spending over 15k bazaar OC on various gachas with partners this year. I mean, the amount of partners that are even able to outperform Renera can be counted on one hand, and I don't play RPGs so I can not play my character, but still, this is stressful... If I still have leftover OC after farming 350 Akashic I'll at least try to sell some stuff and get my last Fuujin scroll.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 14 Sep 2017, 03:21

Wibberish wrote:On the other hand... 1560 offer OC spent on the paid Kintoki/Ifrit gacha with reward up, 600 offer OC spent on the Kenshin only gacha, 160 OC spent on the Houou/Asura/Shuten/Izuna gacha, and 480 OC spent on the Hideyoshi gacha. Nothing. Totaling 2,800 OC spent with no platinum tier and still no end in sight. Do players pay $5000 for maxed partners or something? I still don't have a single vanguard/divinity with 3 scrolls despite spending over 15k bazaar OC on various gachas with partners this year.

2800 OC =~ 90~120 rolls?
Seems like the rates could be pretty similar then. Thinking about it, gacha rates not changing much seems quite likely for Onigiri.

Edit: Rephrased it a bit so it doesn't sound like such a cheap-shot at CyberStep.

Wibberish wrote: I don't play RPGs so I can not play my character

I completely agree with this. Not much I can do about it, though, because of nature rates, massive elemental/stat boosts and the fact that you can count supported elements on high level weapons on one hand (in combination with weak to one or two elements-bosses)...
Firon

Postby Riddras » 14 Sep 2017, 18:51

Here's my contribution to the statistics:

Total Rolls (over 6 characters): 254
Platinum: 3
Gold: 12
Silver: 21
Red: 18
Green: 84
Blue: 116

Main: 2 gold, 6 silver
Alt1: 4 gold, 2 silver
Alt2: 3 silver
Alt3: 2 gold, 2 silver
Alt4: 1 gold, 5 silver
Alt5: 3 plat, 3 gold, 3 silver

All rolls were using Summer Gacha tickets. The extras were mostly on my main. Distribution is quite unbalance where all 3 plats where on 1 character, while another character got neither a plat nor gold. Still, they're all free so I'm not complaining.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Firon » 14 Sep 2017, 21:20

Thanks. I'll make a totals list.
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 15 Sep 2017, 10:10

Firon wrote:2800 OC =~ 90~120 rolls?
Seems like the rates could be pretty similar then. Thinking about it, gacha rates not changing much seems quite likely for Onigiri.
Edit: Rephrased it a bit so it doesn't sound like such a cheap-shot at CyberStep.

I personally feel like the rates for summer gacha were gimped. Even gold tier was much less frequent than previous gachas.

Firon wrote:I completely agree with this. Not much I can do about it, though, because of nature rates, massive elemental/stat boosts and the fact that you can count supported elements on high level weapons on one hand (in combination with weak to one or two elements-bosses)...

Well, a lot of partners have worse skill DPS (slower/less comboable skills) than the best available player build and that is enough to tip things back into players' favor for a lot of cases. The speed of successive skills can easily end up causing a DPS difference of 3x or more. And although there are a few partners that will still outperform the best player builds for specific things, I don't mind it too much as it's still possible for players to solo even the toughest bosses in five minutes or so.

But that goes back to the lack of weapons. It's ridiculous that for a level 130 2 TQ Tempest+Knowledge+2x Wind Sparrow build, my best bet for a Wind spear is the level 125 Dark/Fire Blitz Tiamat weapon...

Also I rolled the Hideyoshi nyan some more (another 40 spins with tickets included) and have now spent nearly 4,000 OC without seeing a single plat. Fml.
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 15 Sep 2017, 18:51

Wibberish wrote:
Firon wrote:2800 OC =~ 90~120 rolls?

I personally feel like the rates for summer gacha were gimped. Even gold tier was much less frequent than previous gachas.

I think that there are gacha with higher rates (like limited gacha) but I don't think this one is too far off, either.

Wibberish wrote:Well, a lot of partners have worse skill DPS (slower/less comboable skills) than the best available player build and that is enough to tip things back into players' favor for a lot of cases. The speed of successive skills can easily end up causing a DPS difference of 3x or more. And although there are a few partners that will still outperform the best player builds for specific things, I don't mind it too much as it's still possible for players to solo even the toughest bosses in five minutes or so.

But that goes back to the lack of weapons. It's ridiculous that for a level 130 2 TQ Tempest+Knowledge+2x Wind Sparrow build, my best bet for a Wind spear is the level 125 Dark/Fire Blitz Tiamat weapon...

Also I rolled the Hideyoshi nyan some more (another 40 spins with tickets included) and have now spent nearly 4,000 OC without seeing a single plat. Fml.

Partners also often have skills which make them unhittable so I think that also balances things out a bit (or maybe it's just because my char is a glass-cannon) for some bosses, anyway.

Wibberish wrote:But that goes back to the lack of weapons. It's ridiculous that for a level 130 2 TQ Tempest+Knowledge+2x Wind Sparrow build, my best bet for a Wind spear is the level 125 Dark/Fire Blitz Tiamat weapon...

I can't help but feel that this is the intention. An availability of a variety of weapon elements didn't really come around until Garg weapons (which stopped at 115) but a range of partners with different elements have been introduced. Of course, this goes against the 105/117/128 series so I can't be sure about it.

Edit: By the way, when you mentioned partners having worse dps, was that vs something that is neutral/weak/slightly resistant to wind (using wind skills) or for any element not supported by TQ/Knowledge? I'm currently planning on making elemental sets with elemental neutral sf mags so I'm wondering if it's worth it (i.e. to build for a few elements or make alternatives for all elements -poison/flight/none etc.). I would've thought that partners would be able to out-damage players with just nature rates alone, let alone with properly supported elements.
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 16 Sep 2017, 22:36

Firon wrote:Edit: By the way, when you mentioned partners having worse dps, was that vs something that is neutral/weak/slightly resistant to wind (using wind skills) or for any element not supported by TQ/Knowledge? I'm currently planning on making elemental sets with elemental neutral sf mags so I'm wondering if it's worth it (i.e. to build for a few elements or make alternatives for all elements -poison/flight/none etc.). I would've thought that partners would be able to out-damage players with just nature rates alone, let alone with properly supported elements.

Not quite sure what you mean. The TQ build was just used as an example of the lack of weapons; didn't mean to compare it to partners. As for partner vs player DPS, I was just saying that inferior skill repetition speed could tip the balance back into players' favor in many cases. And whether or not that is the case depends on the exact skills being compared; a few partners have spammable skills as well.

As an example, my dual Tidal Wave Sublime spam comes extremely close to matching Lancelot's rain DPS with optimal skills & attribute advantage even though I don't have any rain element from my magatama. It's so close that against Abyss, switching to Lancelot can actually lower my DPS when he doesn't stand still. If I actually had high enough base CF/element that her bonuses would push her above the cap, then I would easily outdamage her in all situations. And Lancelot is one of the better partners.

(Also, from my experience, type matchups are actually detrimental to partners in many cases. When you finally find a partner with the proper elements and passable quality, it can all be for naught when they have a type disadvantage.)

Basically I just want to say this: repeatedly spamming a skill with both fast execution speed and either super armor or range can outperform the usage of slower skills even if the latter case involves stats/SF that are several times higher.

And I have found that partners tend to have very slow, fancy cinematic skills most of the time. Trying to find a good skill to spam is like sifting through a pile of junk. That's why I said that it's often better to just go for the best available player options.

Anyway, as for making general magatama builds for each element, I personally wouldn't bother with that because there are only a handful of bosses that require specialized builds in the first place. Instead I would simply make builds for each specific boss that has over a billion HP, or whichever ones you struggle with. (For my character, the only bosses that actually require me to target their weakest element(s) to farm effectively are Yog, Fuujin, and Raijin. Even purple mephi dies to just Tidal Wave Sublime.)
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 17 Sep 2017, 07:19

Wibberish wrote:
Firon wrote:Edit: By the way, when you mentioned partners having worse dps, was that vs something that is neutral/weak/slightly resistant to wind (using wind skills) or for any element not supported by TQ/Knowledge? I'm currently planning on making elemental sets with elemental neutral sf mags so I'm wondering if it's worth it (i.e. to build for a few elements or make alternatives for all elements -poison/flight/none etc.). I would've thought that partners would be able to out-damage players with just nature rates alone, let alone with properly supported elements.

Not quite sure what you mean. The TQ build was just used as an example of the lack of weapons; didn't mean to compare it to partners. As for partner vs player DPS, I was just saying that inferior skill repetition speed could tip the balance back into players' favor in many cases. And whether or not that is the case depends on the exact skills being compared; a few partners have spammable skills as well.

As an example, my dual Tidal Wave Sublime spam comes extremely close to matching Lancelot's rain DPS with optimal skills & attribute advantage even though I don't have any rain element from my magatama. It's so close that against Abyss, switching to Lancelot can actually lower my DPS when he doesn't stand still. If I actually had high enough base CF/element that her bonuses would push her above the cap, then I would easily outdamage her in all situations. And Lancelot is one of the better partners.

(Also, from my experience, type matchups are actually detrimental to partners in many cases. When you finally find a partner with the proper elements and passable quality, it can all be for naught when they have a type disadvantage.)

Basically I just want to say this: repeatedly spamming a skill with both fast execution speed and either super armor or range can outperform the usage of slower skills even if the latter case involves stats/SF that are several times higher.

And I have found that partners tend to have very slow, fancy cinematic skills most of the time. Trying to find a good skill to spam is like sifting through a pile of junk. That's why I said that it's often better to just go for the best available player options.

So, in the end it's still a case by case scenario of players vs partners. Nice to know that players can still compare since they benefit most from elemental builds anyway.

Wibberish wrote:Anyway, as for making general magatama builds for each element, I personally wouldn't bother with that because there are only a handful of bosses that require specialized builds in the first place. Instead I would simply make builds for each specific boss that has over a billion HP, or whichever ones you struggle with. (For my character, the only bosses that actually require me to target their weakest element(s) to farm effectively are Yog, Fuujin, and Raijin. Even purple mephi dies to just Tidal Wave Sublime.)

I guess that also makes sense. I'll give a shot at prioritizing a few elements for specializing against bosses and/or a few good spam skills.
Firon

Return to General Discussion