Player tips & stuff you might not know. Noob/not noob.

Post helpful information for other players here.

Player tips & stuff you might not know. Noob/not noob.

Postby DemonKitty » 28 May 2018, 13:59

Okay, so I've learned these myself over playing for a few years. I'll name things that I think that is useful for any player who
plays Onigiri. I hope these will help/satisfy your self.

• - Fast travel. No, I'm not talking about the crystal. This will actually teleport you to the start of the map you just entered. All you got to do is bring up your menu and go to the blue circle on the top right corner of the screen & push "Move to Resurrection Point".
It's so useful in so many situations, I use it all the time, either going back to Onigashima or somewhere pretty far.

• - Health. If you are about to die and are very low on health. (In a dungeon). The thing you can actually do is if you have no food, is go to the start of the area/room you just entered and stay far as back as possible to the wall and they slowly back up. Sure it'll take a while but if you really on the edge of not wanting to die for whatever reason, there you go. (Doesn't work with all dungeons)

• - Leveling. Yeah this is the most noob way to level, but it's Exp dungeon. You go to Chifuri & talk to her and go to daily > Exp dungeon. The second way is go in a group full of players and use 300% boost inside dungeons. Players 0-20 can farm Cave of screams and around there. Lvl.50 can farm Temple at Kyoto. It's pretty fast if you use boost, just 50% with a full group that can 1 hit kill everything. 100+ Farm nue. I'm sure you heard of him, he's unlocked at the Oushuu Highway. I actually really prefer the original way of farming xp because it doesn't feel like you cheating for it & it's way more realistic. But, those are those options.

• - Boost potions. This is pretty important. For exp boost, use 50% only until you reach Lvl.100. This way, you lvl up way faster because it takes slower to lvl while you reach the higher lvl. So the higher potion, the more exp. For money and drop boost, it really depends how much mats/Ryou you want. If you want it super badly and know a good farm spot then i'd say use a 300. If you with players then a 400% if you know they won't leave the party. If meh, just wanna earn then a 100/200%.

• - Parties. Okay so you must of saw me mention this quite a few times already but yes, the more people in your party the more harder the dungeon gets, the more enemies spawn. But, on the bright side you get way more items/exp. It all adds up the more players are in. I'm personally a solo player when I'm farming but I like to help.

• - 2 Really strong partners. That's right, and they are for free too 100% can get. And that is Hiraga & Izuna. You get both of them at Kyoto for doing their quest, once you unlocked them start lvling them up. When they maxed out you'll feel op. They do a TON of massive damage, and I'm serious by the word ton. I use Hiraga a lot and I can wipe nue (145 lvl dungeon) with no trouble at all. 1 hit kill everything. Except the boss, but dungeon yes.

• - Energy. This is important too. Save your energy packets. Full & 10 pieces. When you reach 110/115 you can start farming some really awesome weapons that are great. I would farm Gargoyle. There are 3 types, Inferno, Levi, and Sleetsword. Those dungeons cost a lot of energy, and you wanna have energy to repeatedly redo them. I personally like sleet because it's ice. But any of them aren't stronger than another, that's just my personal preference. Levi is lighting, and inferno is fire. You can get a garg weapon at lvl 85. If you want to start farming your first garg weapon then i'd say go for it if you know you can really do it, maybe give it a test run and see how strong you are. the next garg one is lvl 110, then 115. 3 variants.

• - Smelting supplies. Okay so this is very extremely important. Save these only for your strong weapons in your mid 110 lvl. Your smelts will fail repeatedly and those cost a whole lot. So save your supplies. Supplies i mean as in smelting success potions you have ect.

• - Smelting. So if you never knew what smelting is, it's basically a skill Yoshitsune can do for you to make weapons, in order to get weapons you need their recipes, which can be either bought, farmed or dropped in dungeons. Then you can return to Yoshitsune and turn them in. Then after you turn them in you can click the recipe and see the mats (materials) you need for that specific weapon. And if you do, you can make it. Congratulations!!

• - Login bonus. Okay, yeah this might seem obvious. BUT, it's actually really useful. and this is why. In the later lvls there are mats/recipes ect you need for specific stuff and they are super hard to get. So know what time your login resets whatever time you have and then use a boost at the same time while boost is on and you'll have a way higher chance at getting it depending the percentage of the material. So, if use a 300% add the login bonus % to it.

• - Letting people farm dungeons for you. I've done this quite a number of times on accident. But it's kind of important. And that is getting in the way. I had a number of times that I wasn't paying attention & just running around getting all the mats that are dropping, but actually the people who are farming for you doesn't really like that. It gets in the way a lot, makes you die quickly and makes the enemies go all over the place. It's a big mess. It really depends on who is helping, but all my encounters no one really likes that.

• - Toxic chatting. Okay, so this one is a bit awkward to announce and I'm not trying to judge by any means but toxic chat. I seen a lot of noobies/High lvl people be real mean to one another. And being toxic to that player won't help you at because surely you will run into him/her again and you don't want them talking trash about you and don't want to help you. The more friendly you are the more it could spread, or even become a known person on Onigiri.

• - Vanguard. This is a big deal still to this day. I seen a ton of people don't know how to vanguard or even know that feature is even a thing. But that's right, if you have a Special Partner, you can switch to them in combat inside dungeons. In order to vanguard, you need to go to Menu > Settings > Controls > Vanguard will be at the bottom. Click that > Push a button to make that your vanguard button. > Accept at the bottom. Done, you can officially vanguard now. Just get your yellow bar up under your partners health bar and you can switch.

• - Torn Gacha Tickets. I seen actually a lot of people didn't know what this was too. But it's basically what it really sounds like. Find pieces of Torn Gacha Tickets and you can turn them in to the Neko NPC in Onigashima If you have enough torn pieces.

• - Many duplicates of the same weapon . Don't sell these. Use these for enhancing. This is really useful.

• - Enhancing. [i]Did you know you can enhance unidentified weapons? Yes you can. You don't even need to identify weapons. Save money ! !

• - Lag. Did you know you can change channels? Go to Menu > Settings > Channels > Channel 2 ect to reduce lag.
[/i]

• - Fast Travel 2. Did you know you can buy crystals & put them in your shortcut to go to the rift no matter where you are? Buy them from Miroku.

That's all for now, I hope this helped. I will be adding a starter, mid lvl, and high lvl people guide about stuff. Stay tuned!

https://ibb.co/myaYFy - Low health
https://ibb.co/ebrOFy - Vanguard
https://ibb.co/c4e2sd - Torn gacha
https://ibb.co/cHTCsd - Smelting
https://ibb.co/fUDqdJ - Smithing
https://ibb.co/doZP5y - Smelting mats
https://ibb.co/eG92sd - Duplicates
https://ibb.co/kFo1ky - Crystal Fast Travel
https://ibb.co/dv0aCd - Channels
DemonKitty

Re: Player tips & stuff you might not know. Noob/not noob.

Postby Miyano311 » 29 May 2018, 02:53

Gonna point out some extra stuff:

[*]Get Skill Force magatamas. Extra damage is super useful.

[*]
DemonKitty wrote:• - Leveling. Yeah this is the most noob way to level, but it's Exp dungeon. You go to Chifuri & talk to her and go to daily > Exp dungeon. The second way is go in a group full of players and use 300% boost inside dungeons. Players 0-20 can farm Cave of screams and around there. Lvl.50 can farm Temple at Kyoto. It's pretty fast if you use boost, just 50% with a full group that can 1 hit kill everything. 100+ Farm nue. I'm sure you heard of him, he's unlocked at the Oushuu Highway. I actually really prefer the original way of farming xp because it doesn't feel like you cheating for it & it's way more realistic. But, those are those options.

Speaking with NPC Kintoki to gain access to her dungeons, which can also provide a huge amount of EXP (not as much as EXP dungeon though). You don't even need 5-man parties. And regarding EXP dungeons, from lvl 120 it's a must, due to the gap being so huge farming 5-man dungeons is no longer effective.

[*]
DemonKitty wrote:• - 2 Really strong partners. That's right, and they are for free too 100% can get. And that is Hiraga & Izuna.[i]

Just me nitpicking: they are not "really strong partners", many are even broken (I'm looking at you Toshiie); still, they can be quite helpful if you don't want to whale.

[*]
DemonKitty wrote:• - Parties. [i]Okay so you must of saw me mention this quite a few times already but yes, the more people in your party the more harder the dungeon gets, the more enemies spawn. But, on the bright side you get way more items/exp. It all adds up the more players are in. I'm personally a solo player when I'm farming but I like to help.

Warding dungeons ignore the number of ppl in parties; the difficulties is automatically set at 5-man.

[*]
DemonKitty wrote:• - Smelting supplies. Okay so this is very extremely important. Save these only for your strong weapons in your mid 110 lvl. Your smelts will fail repeatedly and those cost a whole lot. So save your supplies. Supplies i mean as in smelting success potions you have ect.

Important smelting supplies: Smelting Transcendent Fortune Amulet (for guarantee smelting, use these only for your super end-game gear, at final smelting stage; Smelting Reset Button A and B (for keeping your weapon "alive", you know what I mean, use these when smelting at +50 and onward); Smelting Godly Fortune Amulet and others.

[*]Don't mess up between Yoshitsune's Smelting and Weapon Crafting.

[*]
DemonKitty wrote:Did you know you can enhance unidentified weapons?[i]

You mean "you can enhance using unidentified weapons".

[*]
DemonKitty wrote:• - Lag. [i]Did you know you can change channels? Go to Menu > Settings > Channels > Channel 2 ect to reduce lag.

I didn't know that other channels exist. Or wait...
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Re: Player tips & stuff you might not know. Noob/not noob.

Postby DemonKitty » 29 May 2018, 13:05

Yeah, they do exist. But yeah, Basically I mentioned all those things. Just not in extreme detail.
DemonKitty

Return to Guides & Strategy