Question & Answer Thread

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Question & Answer Thread

Postby Riddras » 19 Jul 2018, 04:58

Descender wrote:Why is it that our event last until 23rd of July?
Jp severs has until a month to keep running the dungeon.
You need a total of 17 days to finish the achievement Clear Forest of Frozen Flowers 50 times.
Now I can only run the dungeon 15 times left & I still need 16 to finish that achievement... :(

I was going to say it's until 30th but then I checked again and it's the exchange shop, not the dungeon...maybe they're running behind on summer events?

http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/info/topic/update/19716
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Yvona » 17 Aug 2018, 18:51

So, I want to ask! What is the best ougis for Sword users and bow users?

Also, is my sasuke and minamoto vanguard still good?
Yvona

Postby Riddras » 17 Aug 2018, 20:04

It depends on elemental weakness of the monster and what element your equipments are the most aligned to. If you have accessories, mags with ornamentations that boosts fire element, and weapon that addeds damage to fire on crit, then something like mega bursting embers would be nice.

If you're lucky enough to get them, sublime ougis in general are strong. So if you have mag of knowledge, makami sublime, and newborn nightsky, then Ougi restriction sublime would do nice damage (even Cursed arrow would too for that matter). This is of course considering you already have a high enough affinity/atk and skill force.

I realize I may not have answered your question, so to make things simple, among the 'normal' Ougi skill set cards 1-4, in my opinion; Ougi true spirit blast for sword, and Ougi amaya's punishment for bow.

Sasuke and musashi are still considered among the better partners, considering they can also be leveled until 150. It's just that certain events give bonuses to certain partners, so when they don't receive bonuses and do not have elemental advantage, other partners are usually preferred. This goes for any partners.

Would be good to hear from others as well on these.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Yvona » 17 Aug 2018, 20:20

Thanks for answering. It's been 2 years since I logged in, so I am confused. I am currently lv.115 with the gargoyle sword lol.

One thing that is bothering me, what happened to my Chiami, it no longer restores me to full hp.

Aside from that, what is the fastest way to raise vanguard levels?

Also, sasuke is still good for boss, and minamoto for mobs? Also... what is the difference between minamoto and dark minamoto?
Yvona

Postby Riddras » 17 Aug 2018, 21:00

Ah welcome back. Good to have you with us again. Let me address the Chiami first. CS actually nerfed it a while back, so now it does exactly as in the description. It's not totally useless though, there are still people using it (me www).

Garg weapons are still relevant, even today. And considering you are exactly at the 115 equip level, I'd say you're all set. People like the elemental aoe ougi skill that comes with it. Just run some skill card wardings on Monday and slot in some corresponding V-VII cards.

Alternatively, if you plan to raise your level based on weapons to target acquiring, the tiamat weapons,
eldritch beast, sovereign blades and datenryu night sky are quite desirable. For now, I'm just sticking with my evil eye rapier.

For sasuke and musashi, I'd say so, yes. Difference between musashi and dark is the skills they have, vs type strengths and the elemental bonuses. Dark, as you may have guessed, has dark element bonus compared to musashi's holy. The dark version of Flash of retribution also doesn't go off as quickly as holy version. Also that partner doesn't go past level 100.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Yvona » 17 Aug 2018, 21:02

Thanks!

How to raise one's partner level higher? I remember getting my sasuke to lv.80 but then even weapons become.. money consuming.

And where to find orange glass magatama?
Yvona

Postby Riddras » 17 Aug 2018, 21:13

whoops missed that one. Same as before unfortunately. There are now konpeito candies to feed them but it's not so easy to acquire them consistently to be relied on. There are Golden wardings to help with money now on weekends, so no more endlessly running hermit crab grotto.

For Orange glass marbles, nowadays people farm at House of Haniwa on the eastern plains. Access the secret room and kill the big bakeneko to get to the chests. Just walk past the darumas, go through the lantern ghosts and double back to the now-should-be-open-area. Incidentally, the chests also give some good ryou boxes so that'll help with your partner leveling without needing to use energy...or you can still do Daiku cave if you're feeling nostalgic.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Yvona » 18 Aug 2018, 07:58

Wow, it seems my Sasuke got some new skills I don't recognize?

Ougi Necrosis and Ougi Otedama

Gensis Slash, Hide and Seek, and Darkness Barrage

Are these worth using?

Also how do people level up 115+?
Yvona

Postby Riddras » 18 Aug 2018, 19:33

CS implemented partner costume based skills, meaning if you get an alternate partner costume, you can use the skills that comes with it. As for usage, depends on what you're fighting i guess.

There is now an Exp dungeon warding, which makes leveling a whole lot easier. You get Exp tickets and use them to level up. This make character level a not-so-accurate indicator of a character's ability, because you can be level 100 and be on moon quests, or level 120 and still be running around kumaso.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Yvona » 19 Aug 2018, 01:42

I really appreciate you answering my questions! >< thanks!

One thing, thanks to your advice, I went from lv.115 to 120 yay!

Now question is, what sword should I get at my level?
Yvona

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion