Game crashes after update

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Game crashes after update

Postby Riddras » 21 Nov 2018, 03:22

Any difference after the recent update? Seems slightly better, but I will have to try playing more this weekend.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Marimo » 22 Nov 2018, 00:34

Riddras wrote:Any difference after the recent update? Seems slightly better, but I will have to try playing more this weekend.

I still crash at Blitz Tiamat Oni's portal at the boss room... They need to remove it and add the Tiamat family in the boss room... Waste of energy loss... Nothing seemed to improved or changed... except Tohoku Zunko's reappearance of redux event with her eldest sister Itako... -_-
IGN
Lv 130 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 130 Lenneth Valkyrie
Lv 131 SilmeriaValkyrie
Lv 130 Alicia Valkyrie
Lv 30 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 30 Lenneth Valkyrie

Year of CRASHgression, foaks! ⌐_⌐
Marimo

Postby Riddras » 23 Nov 2018, 22:55

Marimo wrote:I still crash at Blitz Tiamat Oni's portal at the boss room... They need to remove it and add the Tiamat family in the boss room... Waste of energy loss... Nothing seemed to improved or changed... except Tohoku Zunko's reappearance of redux event with her eldest sister Itako... -_-

I think I've found workaround to the portal crashes:

In the settings option, I lowered all the 'Render Settings' to minimum (0 or 1), unticked all the 'Special Effects' and chose 'Type B'. Restart client before entering dungeon. When going through the portal, turn off interface 'U', and zoom in (mouse wheel) to the closest view of your character.

Haven't crashed since doing this, but still not entirely sure which of them is the cause, or if it's a cumulative effect. Would appreciate if you guys with similar problems test it out too and post results. Hopefully this is not just me.

-Please try the interface thing first. That may likely be the culprit.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Marimo » 25 Nov 2018, 02:42

Riddras wrote:
Marimo wrote:I still crash at Blitz Tiamat Oni's portal at the boss room... They need to remove it and add the Tiamat family in the boss room... Waste of energy loss... Nothing seemed to improved or changed... except Tohoku Zunko's reappearance of redux event with her eldest sister Itako... -_-

I think I've found workaround to the portal crashes:

In the settings option, I lowered all the 'Render Settings' to minimum (0 or 1), unticked all the 'Special Effects' and chose 'Type B'. Restart client before entering dungeon. When going through the portal, turn off interface 'U', and zoom in (mouse wheel) to the closest view of your character.

Haven't crashed since doing this, but still not entirely sure which of them is the cause, or if it's a cumulative effect. Would appreciate if you guys with similar problems test it out too and post results. Hopefully this is not just me.

-Please try the interface thing first. That may likely be the culprit.

I still crash even with those suggestions... before the garg event, I crashed less often than right now... :(
IGN
Lv 130 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 130 Lenneth Valkyrie
Lv 131 SilmeriaValkyrie
Lv 130 Alicia Valkyrie
Lv 30 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 30 Lenneth Valkyrie

Year of CRASHgression, foaks! ⌐_⌐
Marimo

Postby Riddras » 26 Nov 2018, 17:49

Sorry to hear that. After doing more runs, I seem to still periodically crash too. Wondering if a fresh install or defragging would make any difference. Or possibly installing and running from a usb drive. Will need to put aside some time to find out.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Descender » 28 Nov 2018, 03:38

After 5 weeks I can finally log in again, it seems the gargoyle event was the problem, but I'm not really sure.
I've asked other players and they all said that they can do the event normally.
So in the end, what really was the cause that makes the onigiri.exe stopped working?
IGN: Aionis Lv.131
sono shunkankara watashino sekai ha(wa) mohaya junsui na mata utsukushii.
Descender

Postby Riddras » 28 Nov 2018, 18:15

Welcome back. Seems you're right about the event. Game doesn't crash anymore now, and I haven't seen bugged parties yet either.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Dark Deceiver » 29 Nov 2018, 10:25

Yep, I can FINALLY log in again. Whatever the update was, whatever they added in during the event, that really did a number and was responsible for all the crashing.
RIP Onigiri USPC: 2014-2021
Dark Deceiver

Previous

Return to General Discussion