Connectivity issues for me since yesterday

Requests for help go here. Please read the FAQ before you post!

Connectivity issues for me since yesterday

Postby Fafhred » 30 Dec 2018, 08:40

I am am getting much more frequent than usual disconnections (several per hours instead of 1 every few hours), including while running dungeons; I have barely been able to do anything so far today.
1) No difficulties logging through https://www.cyberstep.com/home (immediate answer and page load).
2) Switching from that page to Onigiri's page takes several minutes.
3) Loading the forum top page also takes several minutes minutes.
4) Browsing various other pages does not take longer than usual (which means whatever issue is not on my end: not a local Internet load issue or ALL would suffer proportional lag).

Anybody else with similar issues (and https://onigiri.cyberstep.com/info/topic/notice/21412 will not help...)?
If there is an update coming with next maintenance, I am likely to get locked out if it keeps like this.
Fafhred

Re: Connectivity issues for me since yesterday

Postby Fafhred » 30 Dec 2018, 09:58

(Posting as a reply, since editing my posts systematically fails.)
Update:
- I since ran all Microsoft connectivity tests, which found no issue with my connection or ISP.
- I have been unable again to access this page to update it, for roughly the last 15 minutes (page started loading but never finished).
- I took screenshot of the error messages on disconnections, when they were any; those were roughly even between ERR_00101 and ERR_00102 ('An error has occured' and 'Operation timed out').
Writing the game off for today, not playable.

- Additionally, after I validated this edit, the page came back after several minutes to the same page WITHOUT the update... and again every time I tried to use edit...
Definitely something dodgy on Cyberstep's end.
Fafhred

Postby Riddras » 30 Dec 2018, 19:48

I haven't had any issues apart from the occasional crashes (I'm assuming from event). But from what you're saying it's nothing to do with your ISP either. Perhaps a general connection issue with the west coast?
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Fafhred » 31 Dec 2018, 09:40

I am in Europe (local time CET).
This morning, forum login and load work correctly again, I will see how the game goes after the maintenance...
----------------------------------------------------------------
However, I was unable to post or reply earlier on, I tried over 4 times in as little as about 2 minutes, while logged; every single time it went instead to a screen 'you have been logged in'.
Since that, there was apparently no maintenance, but the game was working again as usual for me.
Fafhred

Postby Riddras » 06 Jan 2019, 18:52

One thing is there seems to be 3 different interface for logging in, which I find to be odd. Wonder if it has anything to do with the login and posting issues...

Also, there could be issues relating to opening multiple tabs of this same forum.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Fafhred » 07 Jan 2019, 23:57

For me, it seems that currently I can ONLY login through the login button on the right of 'FAQ, members' after login through the main website; ALL attempts to log in directly fail, if not currently logged in.
I do not remember this happening before.
Fafhred

Return to Help & Support