What would need to change BEFORE I consider spending cash

Anything Onigiri related!

What would need to change BEFORE I consider spending cash

Postby Fafhred » 17 Dec 2018, 00:49

I am a returning player, left about 6 months ago during the same event, due to frequent crashes at the time, a significant fraction of which were causing Windows 10 to crash as well.
That problem seems to be gone, but plenty is still wrong:

- O/S / UI issues:
Although most Windows computers are now forced to run Windows 10, the option is not even covered on support tickets, and many players, like myself, DO NOT HAVE an option to play in full screen.
I did look into that last time around, this is basically due to differences in Windows 10, and the game needing a version compiled with newer libraries; the fact that it has not been done while older versions are now obsolete, shows a lack of support and/or thoughts from the developers.
Running in a window instead of full screen caused me many times to lose focus on that window, and lose control of my character in battle for a few seconds, sometimes with disastrous effect.

- Friends issues:
This game is VERY friends management unfriendly:
1) Frequently missed/lost whispers, since the whisper tab seem to be only a filtered area out of a global chat queue, so that older whispers vanish VERY quickly while in a combat area (combat messages scroll in the chat, whispers scroll out seen or not).
2) Total absence of offline communication with friends.
3) Total absence of friends status (is that character still around, even though I did not meet it for months?).

- Trading issues:
1) This game need a different, or VERY improved, trading system; at the moment, the stalls system is VERY ineffective since it requires the character to stay active and online in its stall (I am discarding the bug abuse workaround to that, which to my knowledge would not allow login on another char of the same account, anyway).
Last time around (as many other players as I understand), I was left to disable the display of stalls, due to overcrowding of those causing massive area lag in main town; that is a direct consequence of the current stalls system, and the need to disable their display makes them effectively useless.
2) There are also issues which the 'Bargains' feature, which is clearly NOT offering a random set of items; for instance my 5 characters all need one of the items that can be found there. 1 of my characters sees that item frequently, the others 4 have never seen it, and It is not possible to work around this (I will NOT buy OC as the game stand, as per title); there should be a simple way to trade items between characters on the same account.

- Storage issues:
I see more items types than 6 months ago, but the storage limit has not increased; it should be raised to match increased number of items types, I now have to start ditching items that I might (and probably will) need later.
Keeping more items types in inventory instead of storage is not a satisfactory option...

- Conclusion
I know that most players around are aware of all those issues, this is simply a recap, everything placed together.
I am not sure of the developers plans, what is certain is that most players for this type of MMO would not spend real money without those major flaws being fixed; there are just too many of them to ignore them.
Personally I do like that game, otherwise I would not have checked it back, BUT it is not satisfactory to play it with all those issues.
NOTE: I spent a fair amount of time typing this, after validation it WAS NOT on the forum (nor in 'view your posts'), therefore I am posting it again, hoping that this will not end up later as a double posting.

Update:
Well, one of those crashes I mentioned in the first paragraph, causing Windows to crash, just happened again; never happened while this game client was not running, so there is no question that it is causing it.
My educated guess is that it is also caused by use of libraries not designed for Windows 10.
Fafhred

Re: What would need to change BEFORE I consider spending cas

Postby Riddras » 25 Dec 2018, 20:49

Fafhred wrote:(I am discarding the bug abuse workaround to that, which to my knowledge would not allow login on another char of the same account, anyway).

About that, I'm pretty sure the stall bug still allows you to log in on other characters in the same account. A positive thing to note from the recent update is the gold bazaar being permanently unlocked. If anything it helps with my storage a bit. I just place stuff I'm not using in there.

Fafhred wrote:2) There are also issues which the 'Bargains' feature, which is clearly NOT offering a random set of items; for instance my 5 characters all need one of the items that can be found there. 1 of my characters sees that item frequently, the others 4 have never seen it, and It is not possible to work around this (I will NOT buy OC as the game stand, as per title); there should be a simple way to trade items between characters on the same account.

I think it cycles if you 'refresh' it (by buying all 3 bargain items), although I can imagine the frustration of the luck based selection, especially when it is tied to time delays in hours. Related to the stall thing, a work-around is to sell the item to yourself for 1oc, but I realize the impracticality of it if there are a lot of items to transfer. I don't mind it too much since it uses Spendable OC and not necessarily Paid OC, which I get from selling knick knacks to other players. Not the best solution but it's something I suppose. The bad news from the recent update is we can't stack items without the min price going up anymore. Apparently it was a feature of a previous event that was supposed to have been disabled after it finished.

Fafhred wrote:- Storage issues:
I see more items types than 6 months ago, but the storage limit has not increased; it should be raised to match increased number of items types, I now have to start ditching items that I might (and probably will) need later.
Keeping more items types in inventory instead of storage is not a satisfactory option...

Hoping for more storage too for the pack rat I am =/

Fafhred wrote:NOTE: I spent a fair amount of time typing this, after validation it WAS NOT on the forum (nor in 'view your posts'), therefore I am posting it again, hoping that this will not end up later as a double posting.

I have noticed the same issue where the posts don't show up. It seems the auto-logout duration is quite short. I have resorted to copying any text I am about to post, and pasting in a new post when it doesn't show up.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Fafhred » 26 Dec 2018, 07:22

Topic 1:
Tried it, does not work for me.

Topic 2:
No, I checked that extensively; for instance the Sekigahara Cake, required to finish a mission (and probably also its counterpart if you picked the other side) can ONLY be obtained from Miroku's bargains according to the wiki.
Both before I left 6 months ago, and again now, only 1 of my 5 chars ever sees it (has always been the same character), and I started buying them on that char; already bought 8 of them in about 2 weeks.
As far as I can tell, each character only get random bargains out of a specific selection for that character, and it is NOT level related (also checked that over roughly 40 levels...); that is NOT a real random selection.
This item also has a minimum price of 3 OC, and as stated in the title I would not consider buying any OC until the major functionality issues are sorted; and I would not make a second account either, for a number of reasons.

Topic 4:
Also what I took to doing, but I was really upset first time it happened and I had to re-type a long post; and no, it was not a login issue, I was still logged in.
Fafhred

Postby Shisui Mikkusu » 10 Mar 2019, 03:00

their plans? not to fix any major issues, introduce new irrelevant events and content like new partners (not like they have way more than needed anyway), and other stuff to get some more money :P. srsly how many partners will there be? are they going to stop when there are 50? 100? what are they gonna do after that? they're not thinking. even the most ambitious players will stop if they just keep going like that and new players will realise even sooner that the game isnt worth that. i was ambitious too.

but i've quit about a year ago after reaching level cap and im really really glad i did. but ofc im still interested otherwise i wouldnt have checked their updates and the forum. although i check updates more and more rarely. there is just nothing interesting coming out and probably all of the issues i had a problem with are still there. well this all wouldnt be so bad if buff content wasnt locked behind a sutpidly high paywall. i've spend at least 1k on this lol and i was only 16 when i started playing in 2016.. i would've been happy to spend those 1k on costumes and other possible customization features but the fact that i NEEDED to pay for content just so i could become strong and get SOMEWHAT closer to what the best players were able to do, is just plain wrong.
IGN is Probably: Noning Paradox (previously Shisui Hyuga) (other names may also be: Meruem Vermillion), but I've quit the game long ago so idk exactly anymore.
"Kyoufu wo oshiete yarou" Tekken-Devil Jin
Shisui Mikkusu

Postby Riddras » 10 Mar 2019, 20:59

More than the usual number of players on over past few weeks. Mainly because of current event I think, trying to get rain element mags and weapons. A little over 24 hours left though. It's not bad when played casually imo.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Kogitsune » 05 May 2019, 07:40

If you ever in need for a simple online job to earn money to spend on games. Try Picoworkers, it gives a small amount of cash per task done but its super easy ( visit a website, watch a youtube video, share a post, etc. ) and most of all, it really pays out. It won't hurt to check it out right ? Here's the link to get directly to sign up. -> http://evassmat.com/147t
Kogitsune

Return to General Discussion