'Launcher Download Failed'

Anything Onigiri related!

'Launcher Download Failed'

Postby gqegesa » 09 Nov 2019, 04:46

So I recently got a new pc and was looking forward to playing this game again but after I installed, through the official website, everytime I tried to start the launcher the error popped up. I've tried reinstalling the launcher 4-5 times and the full download and zip download as well but none fixed the issue. I also can't play in Steam since it forces me to make a new character

Any help would be appreciated.
gqegesa

Re: 'Launcher Download Failed'

Postby ForbidtheSea » 09 Nov 2019, 06:51

Please refer to the post here: https://onigiri.cyberstep.com/_/forum/v ... 10&t=13429

It's not your fault, it's Cyberstep's. It's been three days since this error has occurred, and they absolutely REFUSE to even acknowledge their game is down on PC, and Xbone.

The only versions that current work as of right now is the JP launcher for PC, PS4, and the Steam/Switch versions. I feel as if Cyberstep is just giving up on their games now, and don't care if they notify their playerbase or not.
ForbidtheSea

Postby YukiChizuru » 09 Nov 2019, 12:20

ForbidtheSea wrote:Please refer to the post here: https://onigiri.cyberstep.com/_/forum/v ... 10&t=13429

It's not your fault, it's Cyberstep's. It's been three days since this error has occurred, and they absolutely REFUSE to even acknowledge their game is down on PC, and Xbone.

The only versions that current work as of right now is the JP launcher for PC, PS4, and the Steam/Switch versions. I feel as if Cyberstep is just giving up on their games now, and don't care if they notify their playerbase or not.

well i cant play the steam version because it so zoom in i cant press the setting button
YukiChizuru

Postby ForbidtheSea » 09 Nov 2019, 13:33

YukiChizuru wrote:
ForbidtheSea wrote:Please refer to the post here: https://onigiri.cyberstep.com/_/forum/v ... 10&t=13429

well i cant play the steam version because it so zoom in i cant press the setting button

Ah, I see. Perhaps this would help fix screen resolution.

1. Go to your desktop, and right click on Onigiri.
2. Click "Open File Location."
3. Next, right click "onigiri."
4. Click "Properties" at the bottom of the drop down.
5. Click "Compatibility."
6. Click "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling preformed by:"
7. Click "Application" for the drop down.
8. Click OK at the bottom of your screen to save your changes.
9. Open Onigiri normally.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2762
ForbidtheSea

Postby Raven_18 » 09 Nov 2019, 22:57

is it possible to bring my account from pc to steam?
Raven_18

Postby ForbidtheSea » 10 Nov 2019, 09:17

Unfortunately not. They're all their own versions. I consider the Steam version the more 'inferior' version since it's really behind on updates compared to the others.

I applaud their effort to attempt crossplay, but this version of game has some bad optimization at times.
ForbidtheSea

Return to General Discussion