[GUIDE]How to build you character

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [GUIDE]How to build you character

Postby Plasism » 10 Jun 2014, 21:27

Hi, I'm new here... I'm from SEA, so since my connection tends to be derpy, I chose to go with Defensive... I assume if I want to have good dmg with spear while able to provide support with staff, I should put points into Vit and Mnd right? What would be the optimal (or just a good) ratio for it? 2:1? 3:1?
Plasism

Postby WulfenKnight » 10 Jun 2014, 21:30

Ok i did some testing on a Power,Defensive,Daring Character type. And found out that What your stats give is Slightly dependent on what CT you pick. For example if your a Power CT DONT Add to Dex(Ok you can.. but ALL it does is add direct dmg too Twin Swords and Bow. and 1 Crit perhaps every 10 points) And if you are Daring CT DONT Add to Power(^--Basically the same, instead of Twin Swords & Bow, it's Katana,Nodachi(Long Sword),Axe. And instead of Crit it's 1 HP) Otherwise most stats seem to be the same not 100% sure. but i'll be sure too update this later.

This is gonna make this a pain ._.;
Onigiri ENG Alpha Tester IGN: WulfenKnight Lv21, Hekaru Lv30, WolfenKnight Lv11
Onigiri ENG Closed Beta Tester IGN: WulfenKnight, Hikari Lv20, Hekaru
Here's my Old Alpha Guide-->: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2069
WulfenKnight

Postby WulfenKnight » 10 Jun 2014, 21:36

Plasism wrote:Hi, I'm new here... I'm from SEA, so since my connection tends to be derpy, I chose to go with Defensive... I assume if I want to have good dmg with spear while able to provide support with staff, I should put points into Vit and Mnd right? What would be the optimal (or just a good) ratio for it? 2:1? 3:1?

Well i have on my main(Hikari) Roughly 13Mind i think? and with Cure II at rank 13 or so. i heal about 120ish HP. and with Heal I i heal about 70+ and First Aid(Self heal) I heal about 60-70ish. That is a pretty good amount for healing atleast at my current lvl which is 15. i don't feel like going any higher then that. So if your just focusing on 2 stats. you could add into dmg or healing first. or do abit of both, till mind reaches about 10/13/15. And just stack on Vit which will give you Defense(Primarily Phy) and Spear Dmg. but if you want some extra dmg here and there, add some dex or power. i just messed with defensive but i forget. Before you add to power or dex. See how much it adds too spear dmg(Test the point before you spend it) and lets say.. it adds 5 dmg too spear. if you add to power or dex, That might add 6 or 7 dmg to All weapons. just play with it abit. You may be best stickin with vit tho. GL ^ ^ once again i'll try too update this (Alot)more after CBT
WulfenKnight

Postby Cinderella » 11 Jun 2014, 16:46

YAY what i was looking for ^.^
Alpha Test: Cinderella lvl 32
Closed Beta: Cinderella lvl 34
Official: Galatea & Melody
Cinderella

Postby Ryukotsuki » 11 Jun 2014, 17:18

Just made an account to notify some of those who prefer a more "Burst Damage" kind of playstyle if you're going Melee/Bow route:

Skills you need:
Fierce God's Focus: 100% crit chance on next hit
Collapsing Blade/Arrow: Deal massive damage in exchange for weapon durability
Sacrifice: Deal massive damage with the cost of 50% of your HP (Doesn't work if you have below 50%)

The result:
Fierce God's Focus + Collapsing Blade/Arrow (or Sacrifice) = Ridiculous amount of damage.

> Bonus points if you got both skills on a single weapon

How to:
Basically, you need to have a weapon that has the first skill mentioned (Doesn't matter how powerful, just know that this weapon is the placeholder for that skill), and another one with Collapsing/Sacrifice (The more power the weapon has, the better). Although highly situational (since you'll be vulnerable due to cast time), this is perfect for those who want to end bosses with only a few hits (In my case, I pretty much OHKO most bosses on solo). Just remember that you only have 10 seconds before the buff wears off if you decide to use Fierce God's Focus in a battle.

If you're a pure DEX kind of guy, I'd recommend getting the Arrow version since you'll probably get minced if you even try using that on close range (unless you have exceptional timing skills of course).

For tanks, well you know the drill.
Last edited by Ryukotsuki on 12 Jun 2014, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
Ryukotsuki

Postby WulfenKnight » 12 Jun 2014, 01:24

@Ryukotsuki
Thanks for adding that ^ ^. Tho i haven't really seen those skills myself on bows. i've only seen Ice Arrow,Cursed Arrow, Rapid Shot, Poison Rapid Shot, Spin Kick, Flyin Sparrow's Kick, Evade and what not.
---------------------------------------------------------
And damn it... Mother Hubbert Stay Da-F*** outta mai Cubberts! :x ...Either i'm a total moron for not seeing this before, or everyone is blind too it.. or... something.. You have your "DD"(Direct Damage/Afinity) And you have your Weapon's Dmg. Your "Attack Pool" as i called it. is combining DD and Your Wep's Dmg(Automatically)... So lets say you have a Bow in hand atm.. If you add too ANY Stat But dex. There will be no dmg added. But if you add too dex. you'll get more dmg. Now if you were too have a katana in hand and added too dex. No dmg either. But if you add too power.. You get more. x.x...WHY didn't i see that before.

Here i was thinking only Dex and Power added too your "Attack Pool" and that it was for ALL weapons and separate.. man i need too fix that.
WulfenKnight

Postby WulfenKnight » 13 Jun 2014, 03:26

Well just got all my Screenshots together for gathering stat info and it's 654Pictures in total @_@.... I got a bad headache atm and toothache.. So i'm just gonna go too bed(IF i can) and work on it later. but a better more detailed version with pictures will be coming when i'm done x.x...Pain..
WulfenKnight

Postby Plasism » 13 Jun 2014, 04:06

Hi, me again... Finally reached Kyoto... and frankly after using a spearman so much, i've concluded... I don't wanna be one anymoooorreee T^T... Despite putting so much of my stats into Vit, the difference between me and another 'samurai' was only about 100+. Being defensive means having some points in Mnd, but at that point of the game I no longer bothered to use my staff...

With that said, during OBT i'm going for a power build... Mainly using Nodachi and Katana... With that said, what is a good ratio for Pow:Vit?
Plasism

Postby Lazgrane » 13 Jun 2014, 04:47

Plasism wrote:Hi, me again... Finally reached Kyoto... and frankly after using a spearman so much, i've concluded... I don't wanna be one anymoooorreee T^T... Despite putting so much of my stats into Vit, the difference between me and another 'samurai' was only about 100+. Being defensive means having some points in Mnd, but at that point of the game I no longer bothered to use my staff...

With that said, during OBT i'm going for a power build... Mainly using Nodachi and Katana... With that said, what is a good ratio for Pow:Vit?

Depend on you, really. Only you know your own way of fighting.

Remember how often did you get hit and decide for yourself how much vit do you need.

But becareful. They did nerf wands because they used to be too op. There are no telling if they won't nerf pow next
Lazgrane

Postby qqchurch » 13 Jun 2014, 14:20

I'm liking Wand so far, though I'm curious, are there any Holy skills for Wands, or are those exclusive for Staff (the magic Holy skills, at least)?
qqchurch

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy