Question! Please help if possible! (Revival in game)

Anything Onigiri related!

Question! Please help if possible! (Revival in game)

Postby Kazuki Saito » 05 Jun 2014, 19:45

So, I just died during a dungeon and I'm curious about the options of "Revive with Item" and "Revive without item". Each of them has 10 uses. And I'll assume reviving with item after it runs out will cost me cash in order to get back the revives? Then does the one that revives without item uses in-game cash(as in gold and etc.) in order to gain back the revives? Correct me if I'm wrong (Don't know anything) and thank you if u've answered!
Kazuki Saito

Re: Question! Please help if possible! (Revival in game)

Postby CelestialRebirth » 05 Jun 2014, 19:59

The first option is the free revives, I believe they restore themselves after a day(or so I hope), reviving from this option will affect your dungeon rating/grade when you finish.

the second is the cash item/item revive and they don't affect your rating when used.
CelestialRebirth

Postby Kazuki Saito » 05 Jun 2014, 20:02

CelestialRebirth wrote:The first option is the free revives, I believe they restore themselves after a day(or so I hope), reviving from this option will affect your dungeon rating/grade when you finish.

the second is the cash item/item revive and they don't affect your rating when used.

Thank you! This should help me a bit haha. well I really do hope it do restore after few days (>▵ <;)
Kazuki Saito

Postby *Lai » 19 Jun 2014, 14:00

I'm still trying to understand the difference between reviving with Soul Eggs and just reviving without an item.

(I used up all my soul eggs in my first half-hour of play time, because I had no idea how any of this worked)

I understand from the comment above that revive without item affects your completion grade for the dungeon; your rank will be lower if you have to use revives.

1. So?

Can someone explain why I care about dungeon completion rank? Do I gain a larger EXP reward from the dungeon completion if I have a top-notch rank?
Or is it just an ego thing, to know that I was able to perform a flawless dungeon run and I'm a leet player?

2. Are there any other differences between Soul Egg revives and "no item" revives? Is the only difference one of "grade" for dungeon completion?

Apart from dungeon completion grade, I have been operating under the assumption that we lose some EXP when we die, and that maybe a standard "no item" revive will bring you back, but you still suffer EXP loss, and that a Soul Egg revive will reduce or annul EXP loss.
Is this true? I haven't bothered to actually compare my EXP before and after death.
*Lai

Postby Kaminari Seiya » 19 Jun 2014, 14:55

Before completing Kishiden for the first time, you will hav eaccess to 10 free revives. After doing so, it goes down to 3 (GG well played tutorial complete!).

When a dungeo nis finished, you are given a rank, and an exp bonus based on this rank. Having all 3 revives scores SS, which nets a 2x exp multiplier. Having 2 revives, Yields A with 1.3. Having 1 soul yields a 1.0 bonus(no bonus), and having 0 soul 0.7 (which means 30% less exp).

Aside from this, you can revive by using an item or onigiri coins (such as, Soul egg). You can do so up to 10 times within a dungeon (even if you had 11 or more resurrection items). The number of resurrects left through items does not affect exp bonuses or ranking.

3 free resurrecitons are always avaliable in each dungeon run (or 10 if kishiden was not completed).
Kaminari Seiya

Postby SupremeTentacle » 19 Jun 2014, 15:01

Non-item revives are restored every dungeon, so you can spam them endlessly =]]
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby SeekerFate » 19 Jun 2014, 15:11

Don't worry even if you spent all your soul eggs because occasionally Miroku will sell the eggs in his little bargain sales.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
Entire character nupped lvl 34 EnAlpha
Blind at Sekigahara 'cept fer sky in JpCBT ~lvl 32ish?
En: SeekerFate - lvl 89 SeekerDissonance - lvl 61 -> 81
Can't believe I'm back, for now.
SeekerFate

Postby *Lai » 19 Jun 2014, 15:46

Thank you Kaminari Seiya, I appreciate the clarity.

Also now I understand why suddenly I didn't have ten revives anymore. I didn't make the connection to that particular event (clearing Kishinden).

Does anyone know the details about whether we lose EXP on death, and whether certain kinds of revives reduce the EXP loss?
*Lai

Postby SeekerFate » 19 Jun 2014, 16:02

As far as I know there isn't exp loss and there are two types of soul eggs, the normal soul eggs and the DX soul eggs. I don't know the difference between the two however.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
Entire character nupped lvl 34 EnAlpha
Blind at Sekigahara 'cept fer sky in JpCBT ~lvl 32ish?
En: SeekerFate - lvl 89 SeekerDissonance - lvl 61 -> 81
Can't believe I'm back, for now.
SeekerFate

Postby Otonashi » 19 Jun 2014, 16:10

As far as I can tell, apart from lowering your dungeon rank and hence exp reward, and reviving you with 100 HP and all your skills on cooldown, there aren't any penalties. There's a resurrection spell that you can cast on dead allies which has a low success rate in addition to high costs, but I haven't had the chance to see it yet, so I don't know what effect that particular method of resurrection has on rank.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Return to General Discussion