Some questions before I try this game

Introduce yourself to fellow players here!

Some questions before I try this game

Postby the_importer » 28 Jun 2014, 19:51

Hi there,

With the recent DDOS attack on PSO2 and the slight possibility that people from outside of Japan may not connect for a while if not at all, I started looking for a similar Online games. I have some questions for those of you who played the Japanese version of Onigiri:

1- I know it's F2P, but are the purchases purely cosmetic or helpful to a certain level or can people just plain buy powerful weapons and armor?

2- Will everyone start from scratch on July 1st or will some people be able to import their characters from the Japanese server?

3- Do you know if they'll keep the Japanese voices or at lease have the option of keeping them?

4- Are the controls (for both gamepad and keyboard) customisable?

5- I didn't see any game settings (resolution, sound, etc...) in the client I downloaded, are they all in game itself?

6- Can you play the game in fullscreen?

7- For those of you that are familiar with Phantasy Star Online, would you say the gameplay is similar?

8- How would you rate the character creation tool in this game on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best)?

Thank you for your time
the_importer

Re: Some questions before I try this game

Postby SupremeTentacle » 28 Jun 2014, 21:16

Good day to you.

1. You cannot directly buy anything powerful, but you can roll for a chance at a powerful skill to equip onto a weapon. (Low rate)

2. Everyone will start from scratch

3. Japanese voices are retained completely

4. Controls are not changeable in either server

5. They are all in the game.

6. Yes

7. Slightly, but this game punishes you more, and is a bit closer to Dark Souls than PSO2

8. If PSO2 was a 9, with its amazing creation, and maplestory was a 1, then this game would be a 5ish. (I really wish I could adjust the angles of my characters eyes, and mess with pupil size more. However, once in game, its possible to adjust the colour freely for a really cheap in game cost.)
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Re: Some questions before I try this game

Postby the_importer » 28 Jun 2014, 21:43

SupremeTentacle wrote:Good day to you.

1. You cannot directly buy anything powerful, but you can roll for a chance at a powerful skill to equip onto a weapon. (Low rate)

2. Everyone will start from scratch

3. Japanese voices are retained completely

4. Controls are not changeable in either server

5. They are all in the game.

6. Yes

7. Slightly, but this game punishes you more, and is a bit closer to Dark Souls than PSO2

8. If PSO2 was a 9, with its amazing creation, and maplestory was a 1, then this game would be a 5ish. (I really wish I could adjust the angles of my characters eyes, and mess with pupil size more. However, once in game, its possible to adjust the colour freely for a really cheap in game cost.)

Well the gamepad controls look pretty decent on a 360 controller, I should be OK. Well, we got a Holiday on July 1st, so I'll give it a try. Thank you for your help.
the_importer

Return to New Player Forum