Sign Up

[Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Judoy » 03 Aug 2014, 21:28

I've reached Kaga recently and become lvl 50 (52 now). My stat is pow 75 then the rest is dex (sword type).
My curr mags are Clear&Serene, Amber, 2 SF. Sometimes in solo story missions I switch to Amber, Haidara(just to piss the enemies that OHK me with crit), 2 SF. My concern is what would be the recommended mags for soloing the story missions in Kaga (especially for a sword type that gets hit sometimes)?
Image
Judoy lvl 60 Sword
Arisato Minato Lv 4X Sword/Oodachi
User avatar
Judoy
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 23 Jul 2014, 00:14
Location: Look Behind

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Lifariz » 05 Aug 2014, 01:02

Judoy wrote:I've reached Kaga recently and become lvl 50 (52 now). My stat is pow 75 then the rest is dex (sword type).
My curr mags are Clear&Serene, Amber, 2 SF. Sometimes in solo story missions I switch to Amber, Haidara(just to piss the enemies that OHK me with crit), 2 SF. My concern is what would be the recommended mags for soloing the story missions in Kaga (especially for a sword type that gets hit sometimes)?


Hmm. Most people invest a total amount of 40mnd to use Rush Storm when they reach kaga.

For mags, people usually got for 4 SF or 3 SF 1 Chian. And the most typical build for Sword users revolve around 3 rank 4+/5+ mags and 1 Chian, and spamming Ougi-Thunder Beast and Ougi-True Spirit Blast, usually on 2 +100 swords. While building yourself those, try finding the title you need too. Oh and did I mention Chian only works if you have high crit? The Ornament "Fated Contractor" and "Confining Terror" works.
IGN: Lifariz
Weapon Class: Odachi, Buffing Staff

Please, when you enter Kaga onwards, at least be able to cast invig IV/V/VI when you decide to leech. Please and Thank you.
User avatar
Lifariz
 
Posts: 85
Joined: 11 Jun 2014, 06:46

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Chieko-sama » 05 Aug 2014, 02:17

talking about magatamas, I've been testing 2 taishougun and 2 nayuta, it takes 115 chakra.. but it gives decent damage for thunderbeast. Hvent tried on true spirit blast since I don't have one. And uh.. some people go for 4 amara to get high damage at higher ranked skills (ougi crimson flame, lightning slash,DSB, etc.) I might testing out some element mags but now it seems not worthy enough as the increment is not as appealing as SF. (been testing about flat damage adder, but it seems more and more crippled later on), crit mags are optional.. and for rank 5+ SF it has requirement of holy element (forgot it's name), better equipped on holy element swords (seven star, etc.)

u know, my magatama slots are a mess and it kinda bothers me xD
Image
IGN: ChiekoMochida
lvl 92 sword

~Carrier of the Dark Eclipse~
User avatar
Chieko-sama
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 15 Jul 2014, 21:27
Location: Nether Sekigahara

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Ryxa » 05 Aug 2014, 03:05

1 Chian and 3 Amara. I also have every skill including ougis at R6 or higher though. I use only fated and confining ornaments, nothing else.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
User avatar
Ryxa
 
Posts: 565
Joined: 05 Jun 2014, 02:12
Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Chieko-sama » 05 Aug 2014, 03:25

Ryxa wrote:1 Chian and 3 Amara. I also have every skill including ougis at R6 or higher though. I use only fated and confining ornaments, nothing else.


well do you know exactly where is that orange glass marble drops? cause chian is kinda overpriced I think (or it wasn't?)

oh and I add things like crimson mystery, camp of 8 dragon kings, hawk's eye, unblinking eye, return of condor heroes, etc. at ornament xD
Image
IGN: ChiekoMochida
lvl 92 sword

~Carrier of the Dark Eclipse~
User avatar
Chieko-sama
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 15 Jul 2014, 21:27
Location: Nether Sekigahara

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Judoy » 05 Aug 2014, 08:18

too bad, rush storm wasn't an option for me because I don't have one right now. The same with 3 amaras since I dont have rank 6 skills, aside from that empty sky. Does continuing to raise Shizuka will give rank 6 skills? The moment she reached 19, I've been getting more rank 5s and a most, a total of 12 ranks of skills for a weapon. I guess I'll get another nayuta and look for an orange glass mag.
Image
Judoy lvl 60 Sword
Arisato Minato Lv 4X Sword/Oodachi
User avatar
Judoy
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 23 Jul 2014, 00:14
Location: Look Behind

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Ryxa » 05 Aug 2014, 11:03

Chieko-sama wrote:
Ryxa wrote:1 Chian and 3 Amara. I also have every skill including ougis at R6 or higher though. I use only fated and confining ornaments, nothing else.


well do you know exactly where is that orange glass marble drops? cause chian is kinda overpriced I think (or it wasn't?)

oh and I add things like crimson mystery, camp of 8 dragon kings, hawk's eye, unblinking eye, return of condor heroes, etc. at ornament xD


Orange drops in Daiku Cave Hard 1-3 person party and in Plover Pit Hard (Although I have not confirmed party sizes required for it to drop).
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
User avatar
Ryxa
 
Posts: 565
Joined: 05 Jun 2014, 02:12
Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Fenrir » 05 Aug 2014, 17:40

Just curious if anyone knows or has a compiled list of cast time and hitbox/range of each sword skill. I prefer using all 3 skills in succession from one sword and would like to know any other combos I can use besides what I know currently.
Fenrir
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 18:00

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Lifariz » 06 Aug 2014, 23:10

Fenrir wrote:Just curious if anyone knows or has a compiled list of cast time and hitbox/range of each sword skill. I prefer using all 3 skills in succession from one sword and would like to know any other combos I can use besides what I know currently.

For raw hard data, I guess we can ask Ryxa. I can only contribute on the Odachi's. But frankly, you can just go explore yourself. People have different views about skills.

Guide to be updated next Saturday to accommodate Sword and Odachi Ougi's... Dammit, why doesn't anyone use Axes?
IGN: Lifariz
Weapon Class: Odachi, Buffing Staff

Please, when you enter Kaga onwards, at least be able to cast invig IV/V/VI when you decide to leech. Please and Thank you.
User avatar
Lifariz
 
Posts: 85
Joined: 11 Jun 2014, 06:46

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Momiji » 06 Aug 2014, 23:30

I think its the general versatility of the axe being quite low, hence almost no one wants to use it, as the maximum damage potential only shows late game.

Swords are quite fast, especially with the right skills, Lunge Step V -> Empty Sky Slash V->Ougi Thunder Beast = mob wrecker.

Odachi is quite good, if p.att speed magatams are used or an odachi with p.att speed in-built (such as the lv 61 odachi, which has p.att speed + 10)

One Alyvida and sacred strikes takes care of most mobs of the same level.
Image
What a pain in the ass...
TwintailsLv 130

Find me on The Onigiri Discord server!
User avatar
Momiji
 
Posts: 116
Joined: 07 Jul 2014, 02:06
Location: North Antarctica

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron