Onigiri's Sustainability - An Analysis of Playerbase Decline

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Onigiri's Sustainability - An Analysis of Playerbase Dec

Postby Ralzaifon » 03 Oct 2014, 16:59

60% of this thread is made up of signatures that I can't be bothered to scroll past (I really intend no offense, but it's really true). Just came back to see if they'd fixed the exp rate yet.

I don't know what fancy analysis has gone on; however I can guarantee that the exp rate is the single most important reason behind the highly predictably diminishing population. After Kyoto it's just a fucking grind fest.
Ralzaifon

Postby Rina-chan » 04 Oct 2014, 03:47

I want to suggest (if not yet suggested) to make staff users more useful...should add debuff skills like P.def/M.def decrease (should be cast like rapid storm AOE) in that way, staff users can still participate better when grinding. :D
Rina-chan

Postby Argentum » 04 Oct 2014, 09:11

Rina-chan wrote:I want to suggest (if not yet suggested) to make staff users more useful...should add debuff skills like P.def/M.def decrease (should be cast like rapid storm AOE) in that way, staff users can still participate better when grinding. :D

they allready have magic deff debuffs in form of soul strike and chase blister. you might have missed that in the whole "staffs are so weak" debate that constantly goes on in this community.
a physical armor reduction debuff would be a nice addition, though.

staffs are fine, mechanics that make staffs obsolete as main weapon are not. you know what im pointing at. dumb maga and even more dumb ornament (that we have no acces to ... yet).
Argentum

Postby Sheiko » 06 Oct 2014, 21:58

BUMPING*
Some new players always get "1 or 2 hit K.Oed" which is why sometimes new player tht juz started quit very fast... :?
(They will think this game is really hard especially new melee user)
Hopefully can at least make Def Mags more obtainable for early lvl's(1-40) for example get to buy 2 or 3 of the same Def Mags from Miroku and get more Def Mags from Kiichihougen from the start, though i'm pure Def Mags user myself and hav no hard time to craft it at later lvl of 70-ish... :roll:
Some who juz started playin will also think about Def as well(Only hav moderate effect on Hell but still good if get high grade which relies on Kaguya at later progress which is Izumo)... :|
There's less than 10% of Pure Def Mags user right now... 8-)
2023 Onigiri Steam IGN: NPC Rimu
Steam: NPC Rimu
IGN: Sheiko (Shutdown US)
Onigiri New Player Helper
Onigiri Market Forum Onigiri Coins Buyer
ImageImage
Sheiko

Postby AtmaMoogle » 07 Oct 2014, 04:16

oops. Mb for double post.
Last edited by AtmaMoogle on 07 Oct 2014, 04:13, edited 1 time in total.
AtmaMoogle

Postby AtmaMoogle » 07 Oct 2014, 04:17

Sheiko wrote:BUMPING*
Hopefully can at least make Def Mags more obtainable for early lvl's(1-40) for example get to buy 2 or 3 of the same Def Mags from Miroku and get more Def Mags from Kiichihougen from the start, though i'm pure Def Mags user myself and hav no hard time to craft it at later lvl of 70-ish... :roll:

Defense Mags are completely Useless. They reduce a flat amount of damage and you sacrifice so much damage, it's no where near efficient. You are HONESTLY better off getting Affinity mags at early levels with hp ornaments if you can't survive. Even better later in the game, of getting Skillforce mags with crit/hp ornaments if you don't want to get one shot. There is literally no reason to ever go defense mags. You simply don't do anything with them.
"Oh hey, I have 5000 Defense, let me reduce 500 damage flat per hit when mobs hit over 15k sometimes anyway." While I don't know exact numbers, I tested it out and saw that the damage you take wasn't significantly reduced anyway.

While I agree with you on getting defense mags should be the idea if you can't survive, It's just terrible idea. Maybe if they changed the scaling from Flat damage reduction to Percent damage reduction it'd be infinitely better.

Main idea of this game atm, get as much damage as you can so you kill them before they kill you. There is no tanking in this game. If anything build HP with ornaments on top of more damage.
AtmaMoogle

Postby Firon » 07 Oct 2014, 04:34

"・The "Chian Magatama" was incorrectly named due to a translation error. It has now been changed to the correct name of "Chiami Magatama".
・The "Chiami Magatama" and "Popstar Accessory" have had their effects changed:
From now on, it will only restore a maximum of half a players maximum HP, and only works when a player has less than 50% their max HP at the time of use."
http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/info/topic/update/2084

I have a feeling I'll be dying a lot XD
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby AtmaMoogle » 07 Oct 2014, 05:07

Firon wrote:"・The "Chian Magatama" was incorrectly named due to a translation error. It has now been changed to the correct name of "Chiami Magatama".
・The "Chiami Magatama" and "Popstar Accessory" have had their effects changed:
From now on, it will only restore a maximum of half a players maximum HP, and only works when a player has less than 50% their max HP at the time of use."
http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/info/topic/update/2084

I have a feeling I'll be dying a lot XD

You too? Jokes aside, maybe now people won't just face tank and play like a suicidal and healers will actually need to heal :)
AtmaMoogle

Postby Lynneth » 07 Oct 2014, 05:11

Still useless :(. Instead lowering Chian/Chiami effects, why not strengthen staff/wand attack ? :roll:

Or at the very least make SP consumption for wand is managable and efficient/effective even at lower level.

Anyway, this will boost CHIAN MAGS' price :

* For players who had a Chiami Magatama: We will be sending out the bonus item "Super Chiami Magatama" due to this change at a later time.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby AtmaMoogle » 07 Oct 2014, 05:27

Lynneth wrote:Still useless :(. Instead lowering Chian/Chiami effects, why not strengthen staff/wand attack ? :roll:

Or at the very least make SP consumption for wand is managable and efficient/effective even at lower level.

Why do you always have to complain about something. Wands ARE NOT useless, Staves were NEVER useless. Yes, wands aren't the first choice for DPS. Yes, wands probably need work on early game. But who made you the Wand enforcer, there ARE people who made wand work. How about you follow their example and try instead of constantly going off. The game still hasn't even made a year, for what reason do you always have to bitch? If you're gonna quit. Just quit. Stop leaking forums just to keep saying wand is trash. Really had enough of your shit.

They tried to make Supports an actual thing other than SP slave, and all you do is keep saying what they're doing wrong. Art thou feeling it how Mister Crabs?
AtmaMoogle

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion