Onigiri's Sustainability - An Analysis of Playerbase Decline

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Onigiri's Sustainability - An Analysis of Playerbase Dec

Postby Ryxa » 08 Oct 2014, 09:45

Argentum wrote:i wouldnt even see something like RMT as a real issue. why? because there is nothing to be traded to begin. and the stuff that could actually be worth alot of in game currency would also sell in the RMT without a second thought because people would need to use RMC for the upgrades anyways.

it just makes more sense to adress other things first. for more reasons than this one, too. think about it: RMT is part of the business modell and you want to adress the companys business modell? possibly just remove RMT alltogether with a non professional explanation why they should do that? i wish you good luck in suggesting that and getting ANYTHING else realized that was written in the same document.

I like how you assume we want RMT removed when we have yet to state anything about our opinions regarding bazaars.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby Lynneth » 08 Oct 2014, 09:52

Ryxa wrote:
Argentum wrote:i wouldnt even see something like RMT as a real issue. why? because there is nothing to be traded to begin. and the stuff that could actually be worth alot of in game currency would also sell in the RMT without a second thought because people would need to use RMC for the upgrades anyways.

it just makes more sense to adress other things first. for more reasons than this one, too. think about it: RMT is part of the business modell and you want to adress the companys business modell? possibly just remove RMT alltogether with a non professional explanation why they should do that? i wish you good luck in suggesting that and getting ANYTHING else realized that was written in the same document.

I like how you assume we want RMT removed when we have yet to state anything about our opinions regarding bazaars.

Bazaars should be exchanged with some kind of Bulletin Boards for item/weapon exchange. And give the bulletin boards all the features that should be present, like item classification, grade, sorting, etc etc.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Argentum » 08 Oct 2014, 10:17

Ryxa wrote:

should i highlight the word "possibly" for you?

the last sentence also applies to anything that isnt relating to removing it, even if you didnt decide to read it that way. you are suggesting changes to the business modell, you cannot get any closer to a mine without expecting to possibly step onto it.

edit: just in case that no one noticed it: the original post was actually meant for KonaKona, it just so happens to also be fitting for the others, so yeah :D
Argentum

Postby Lin_ » 08 Oct 2014, 13:43

KonaKona wrote:
Ryxa wrote:We (Rhythm, Akatsuki Kai, Freesia, and I) have spoken to WEDGE and he's interested in some of the suggestions we have. We (Probably will end up being Rhythm and I) will compile a document for everything.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLy ... sp=sharing

I'll let you guys know when we've got a finished document.

I know its incomplete yet, but i'm surprise that RMT trading is the least of your group's concern. To me, the RMT issue is way more apparent than the pot-not-consumed-when-eat-while-moving issue. Those who play MMO will find it awkward that there is no dealing inside the game, and the in-game currency is useless for trading between players. Sure can say give some time and let players get used to the Onigiri's system, but still RMT is a big deal if wanna make this game truly players friendly. The way i see it is like flying up the motto "if you have no money then sorry this game is not for you".

I'm not even sure if Onigiri is a free online game anymore, because of the heavy dependency on RMT as one part of the game system, unlike other MMOs that only utilizes RMT for mostly optional items that players can skipped. I can accept RMT for buying cash items.. but making it a must for dealing between players for every single items in game?

Ops.. in b4 you said this is something that you guys already discussed and i made useless post by repeating the point again :roll:

i disagree, i see the economy system of onigiri as a way for free players to have acess to cash stuff, if this system doesnt exist would be impossible for a free player buy cash items without spending $, while with the system a free player can farm valuable items and get cash through that, its the same with point exchange, you can exchange items that you get in-game to buy gacha tickets, without it gacha would be cash-exclusive only
Lin_

Postby Lin_ » 08 Oct 2014, 14:02

WildSakura wrote:Another idea is clans, where there would be higher level characters that have "topped out" and completed the game's story line, but they could be given the opportunity to form "clans". They could have up to 100 clan members, all of lower level players, from level 15, for beginning clan members, and up to Captains, at level 30. Commanders, and other higher ranks among each clan , could challenge one another in a different levels created for the clans to have small skirmishes, as well as have "duels" between clans, in Onigashima, and other village areas, free of interference with monsters, as well as the other game activities, already in play.

This would promote new players to be able to have other members of clans, assist them with killing field bosses, and helping them level up. It would also allow duels between higher level character players, if their experience level is within five levels above or below them, thereby restricting the differences in skill and stat levels, between the character players. It would also help the newer players have assistance from higher level characters, in order for them to have their higher clan members assist them in dungeons in the game, and in taking down field bosses, in suppression missions, as a clan.

The higher levels could also get rewards for assisting new players with killing field bosses, helping them benefit from being in a clan, and leveling them up, with experience , in a quicker fashion, and having their clans duel and challenge one another in skirmishes, in small groups of no more than ten vs. ten, of two opposing clans, limiting the levels within such skirmishes, to within five levels above or below, in true Bushido style, as in traditional samurai conflicts.

These are just a few ideas that may both attract new players and also add a new dimension to the game , for higher level players that may be "bored" with the game. Just thoughts that could have the potential to open up the game to a more sustainable playability.

Sincerely

WildSakura

chat groups are something like that, but still i feel something is missing, i would like clan system to be implemented
Lin_

Postby Firon » 13 Oct 2014, 02:32

Ryxa wrote:Just a heads-up to anyone still paying attention to this thread:

We (Rhythm, Akatsuki Kai, Freesia, and I) have spoken to WEDGE and he's interested in some of the suggestions we have. We (Probably will end up being Rhythm and I) will compile a document for everything.

We had a basic layout and some explanations/reasonings down before we even started this thread, but now we're putting it together into a neater (And more professional). Here's a PREVIEW of what I have now. This is NOT the final document... in fact, I just copied and pasted the current table of contents. I've still got another 30ish or 40ish things to categorize and I still need to comb through the forums again to add anything new.

Does 4.5 cutscenes includes making players unhittable during them?

As for ideas, so far I don't think the game has had any rewards for completing things such as completing every dungeon in kyoto on every mode or completing a percentage or section of the bestairy. The "free swag" thing was ok but I kind of stopped when I got to nether seki since it gets tedious and sekigahara is a large area to check -.-. Afaik, if you complete every dungeon, you just get the lucky boxes you got along the way so there's really no point except for completion (side not: A list would be better so you wouldn't have to run to each one).

That aside...
This is a stolen idea but I think it'd be good in this game:
Challenges with set equipment, and maybe, dungeons too.
By this I mean, with set magatama, stats, and maybe one weapon, basically HH but with actual equipment
-in case anyone's wondering, this is "training" from monster hunter :P
and ofc, this should have a reward for completing all of them (or something along those lines)
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Ryxa » 13 Oct 2014, 05:11

Firon wrote:
Ryxa wrote:Just a heads-up to anyone still paying attention to this thread:

We (Rhythm, Akatsuki Kai, Freesia, and I) have spoken to WEDGE and he's interested in some of the suggestions we have. We (Probably will end up being Rhythm and I) will compile a document for everything.

We had a basic layout and some explanations/reasonings down before we even started this thread, but now we're putting it together into a neater (And more professional). Here's a PREVIEW of what I have now. This is NOT the final document... in fact, I just copied and pasted the current table of contents. I've still got another 30ish or 40ish things to categorize and I still need to comb through the forums again to add anything new.

Does 4.5 cutscenes includes making players unhittable during them?

As for ideas, so far I don't think the game has had any rewards for completing things such as completing every dungeon in kyoto on every mode or completing a percentage or section of the bestairy. The "free swag" thing was ok but I kind of stopped when I got to nether seki since it gets tedious and sekigahara is a large area to check -.-. Afaik, if you complete every dungeon, you just get the lucky boxes you got along the way so there's really no point except for completion (side not: A list would be better so you wouldn't have to run to each one).

That aside...
This is a stolen idea but I think it'd be good in this game:
Challenges with set equipment, and maybe, dungeons too.
By this I mean, with set magatama, stats, and maybe one weapon, basically HH but with actual equipment
-in case anyone's wondering, this is "training" from monster hunter :P
and ofc, this should have a reward for completing all of them (or something along those lines)

I'll add some of those ideas in if I remember. The document was put on hold for a few days since you know... life happens and we forget.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby Lynneth » 13 Oct 2014, 12:15

Where's the document? :roll: :roll:
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby SupremeTentacle » 13 Oct 2014, 18:37

Waiting just a bit to confirm the effect of Satan weapons on NA version balance. (It should help a little).
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Lynneth » 16 Oct 2014, 20:17

SupremeTentacle wrote:Waiting just a bit to confirm the effect of Satan weapons on NA version balance. (It should help a little).

Have you finished confirming the effect of Satan Weapons on NA version? Need the data whether the Satan Weapon is worth to grind to besides the natural Ougis inside it.
Lynneth

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion