An Analysis of Playerbase Decline (Document)

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: An Analysis of Playerbase Decline (Document)

Postby Argentum » 27 Nov 2014, 17:55

SupremeTentacle wrote:After some discussion, we're not actually too sure how the glory magatama works, and it seems that some people on our side actually disagree with JP wiki.

JP wiki claims that the magatama is broken, however, someone I know had lately tested the magatama, and claimed that it increased his damage a slight bit. Hence, we're somewhat suspicious it affects skill levels, or something. After some more testing, we'll get back to you on this.

considering the simplicity of most onigiri formulars, id suggest putting "attacker level" and "defender level" into the armor formulars, that no one even bothered doing yet, and call it a day. yes, its propably that simple.

sidenote: you should also check out other stuff, that you are still not sure how it works, in relation with character level. like critical force.
Argentum

Re: An Analysis of Playerbase Decline (Document)

Postby Firon » 27 Nov 2014, 21:24

I have another suggestion. Well, one of the things I hate about this game is how much RNG there is. You can farm with login for an hour and kill ~2k darumas with steal attack and not get a single magatama, breaking weps, etc. but I think smelting rng is a bit ridiculous. Depending on how your smelting goes it's possible to have a +50 with more attack than its +60. Naturally, this applies for +60/+70, +70/+80 and +80/+90 too (tested mathematically for fragarach, excalibur, cypher, giron, heavenly tiger claw, oborotenjiku, dark heaven enbu and maple spear so I think it's safe to assume it applies to all weapons...). I think this isn't so bad for id'd weapons because the chances are pretty low and it's not too hard to make another but if I got a cross weapon close to the lowest possible attack range, I'd probably quit. Basically my suggestion is to make the smelting boosts have a higher and smaller range so that it wouldn't be possible to have a +100 with ~100 more attack than a +80 (not including the +10%).

TLDR: Suggestion: Make smelting attack boosts have a smaller attack boost range for crafted weps

-Almost forgot: All these cases are locked, ie. Haven't been smelted at whatever +x they are.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Previous

Return to General Discussion